FCC just issued and wow!

Well our FCC was just issued! Very excited, just received an email from John Ames from MEI. Now going to apply to Oasis cruise Sept. 6th and get this, have 1003 left over for 2021. Looking at Freedom of the seas 9 nights to Canada/NE. How are AFT balconies on Freedom? I mean AFT like the very AFT looking back at the wake made by the propellers. The balconies look a bit bigger but then there is that super structure on that class on the back of the ship. Well I'm excited now our 2020 is going to be paid off and I'll see it on our upcoming cruises section and still have 1000 bucks left over.  Thanks for any advice on Freedom cabins.

We had an aft corner balcony on Navigator that had a steel beam running down the middle of the balcony.  We had to duck under it a lot, but the room was more of a Junior Suite size and there were two loungers and a good-sized table on the balcony - totally worth it, even with the steel beam.  We gave it 9/10.

26 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

We had an aft corner balcony on Navigator that had a steel beam running down the middle of the balcony.  We had to duck under it a lot, but the room was more of a Junior Suite size and there were two loungers and a good-sized table on the balcony - totally worth it, even with the steel beam.  We gave it 9/10.

Awesome, thank you for the insight. 

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think aft facing cabins are overrated on Freedom class. These types of rooms are great for Radiance, Vision ships, but skip it and get a room closer to elevator for Freedom class.

Thank you. So what would suggest not going into a suite? What regular balcony category would you suggest? Anything special or insider to look for on Freedom? 

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Darn.  No wonder.  I stopped searching in August because school starts back up in September. ?

Yeah we cruise anyway. It's cheaper and the kid will be ok missing a week of school. Seriously though we would in a another non school month but they aren't doing them. I swear they did though in the past. We are also looking at back to back to back cruises, like Freedom 4 nights to Canada and then 5 nights Bermuda. I wish they would just combine the two and make it one cruise. I love the idea of going north to Canada/Halifax and then South to Bermuda. Something intrigues me about that. 

6 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yes, hopefully we sail. Really, really hope we sail.

Our cancelled cruise was Oasis May 10th, same itinerary. 

Ugghhh, mine was May 2 Symphony and nothing yet! Did you hear from RC or did it go through your TA and they told you? 

My FCC will pay for all of my rebooked Symphony and all but $200 of our October 2021 Italy/Greece on Odyssey. We had a JS on our May cruise and when I rebooked there were no JS available so going back to ocean view with large balcony. That’s how I’m able to pay for 2 cruises with one FCC. 

Also ditto @Matt on the aft balcony on Freedom. It’s a large ship and I’d want to be more mid ship near elevator. 

11 minutes ago, Jill said:

Ugghhh, mine was May 2 Symphony and nothing yet! Did you hear from RC or did it go through your TA and they told you? 

My FCC will pay for all of my rebooked Symphony and all but $200 of our October 2021 Italy/Greece on Odyssey. We had a JS on our May cruise and when I rebooked there were no JS available so going back to ocean view with large balcony. That’s how I’m able to pay for 2 cruises with one FCC. 

Also ditto @Matt on the aft balcony on Freedom. It’s a large ship and I’d want to be more mid ship near elevator. 

I didn't get anything from RC, John from MEI emailed me that he received the FCC email and how much it was. Then I had to give the go ahead to use the FCC to pay off Sept. cruise. 

Do you guys find this odd? We had a guarantee ocean view on Oasis for the cruise that was cancelled a month ago or when ever that was. No cabin number had been issued yet but I just checked as the cruise still shows up in my "upcoming cruise" section just to torture me. Anyway now a cabin number was issued and the cruise was cancelled weeks and weeks ago. You find that strange? By the way I do not like the cabin location at all, cabin # 7132. Low in the ship and way forward. Glad we have a CP Balcony and know the cabin number and know the location and like it from what we see from the plans anyway.

9 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:Looking at Freedom of the seas 9 nights to Canada/NE. How are AFT balconies on Freedom? I mean AFT like the very AFT looking back at the wake made by the propellers. The balconies look a bit bigger but then there is that super structure on that class on the back of the ship. Well I'm excited now our 2020 is going to be paid off and I'll see it on our upcoming cruises section and still have 1000 bucks left over.  Thanks for any advice on Freedom cabins.

oops, RCLfan, I messed up quoting your post above. 

We had a corner aft, deck 7 on Liberty of the Seas,   Loved it,  would book it again in a heartbeat!  

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Do you guys find this odd? We had a guarantee ocean view on Oasis for the cruise that was cancelled a month ago or when ever that was. No cabin number had been issued yet but I just checked as the cruise still shows up in my "upcoming cruise" section just to torture me. Anyway now a cabin number was issued and the cruise was cancelled weeks and weeks ago. You find that strange? By the way I do not like the cabin location at all, cabin # 7132. Low in the ship and way forward. Glad we have a CP Balcony and know the cabin number and know the location and like it from what we see from the plans anyway.

Yes, I think that’s very odd.  Weird that they would bother with that after it being cancelled.  Just add it to the list of weird sh*t that’s goin on.

6 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Better hope there is a vaccine by then..as it sounds like in Canada our borders will be closed till there is.....so 12-18mths from now would be when it could start back up...

Not that I think you're necessarily wrong, but has there been any official news of this?

3 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Not that I think you're necessarily wrong, but has there been any official news of this?

The idea that there has to be a vaccine for cruises to start is absurd. I don't know why people keep spreading that BS. If cruises can't start, then Disney World can't open. I know you didn't say that but I'm responding in general to the person that wrote that.

There are many treatments in testing. There are vaccines in the human testing faze. Will it comes quick or be effective, that is any ones guess.

2 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yeah it used to just say GTY and now there is a cabin. 7132. 

This happened to me on the cruise I was supposed to leave on today (Mariner). A couple weeks ago the cruise was still showing up in my planner and  I was assigned a cabin (had a suite guarantee). It made not going on the cruise even harder when I saw the room we were given!

Just now, sleepy425 said:

This happened to me on the cruise I was supposed to leave on today (Mariner). A couple weeks ago the cruise was still showing up in my planner and  I was assigned a cabin (had a suite guarantee). It made not going on the cruise even harder when I saw the room we were given!

My guess then is it's an automated system that assigns cabins? Still very strange though. 

10 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

The idea that there has to be a vaccine for cruises to start is absurd. I don't know why people keep spreading that BS. If cruises can't start, then Disney World can't open. I know you didn't say that but I'm responding in general to the person that wrote that.

There are many treatments in testing. There are vaccines in the human testing faze. Will it comes quick or be effective, that is any ones guess.

I agree. We have a vaccine for the flu but as we all know there are years where it’s only 20% effective. This years flu vaccine was not very effective at all.  I don’t think we can count on a vaccine only because there are already 50 or so mutations of this current virus. I think it’s a false sense of security. 

Whoever figures out the answer will be nominated for sainthood! 

2 minutes ago, Jill said:

I agree. We have a vaccine for the flu but as we all know there are years where it’s only 20% effective. This years flu vaccine was not very effective at all.  I don’t think we can count on a vaccine only because there are already 50 or so mutations of this current virus. I think it’s a false sense of security. 

Whoever figures out the answer will be nominated for sainthood! 

At the same time this might be good news here. This can't hurt at least to calm peoples nerves. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/27/world/europe/coronavirus-vaccine-update-oxford.html

Ok, so Royal Caribbean while I love them they do very strange things. We were informed today that the FCC can only be applied to the fare, not taxes and fees. So 930 of the FCC was used and we owe 425 bucks by May 31. I just don't understand how they do things. You have 2,300 bucks, do what you like with it. Use it for any booking and all fees, taxes and port fees or whatever else. 

The good news is we still have 1,429 in FCC for next year but you can't use that till you complete the cruise you already have booked. Again I love Royal but they are kinda up the creek without a paddle and should not be imposing these crazy rules. Just my opinion. 

31 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We were informed today that the FCC can only be applied to the fare, not taxes and fees.

That's the way it always has been.  That's why when they issue the FCC it is only based on the amount of cruise fare in the first place and doesn't include the taxes and the fees.  Taxes and fees are a separate refund.  

37 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

That's the way it always has been.  That's why when they issue the FCC it is only based on the amount of cruise fare in the first place and doesn't include the taxes and the fees.  Taxes and fees are a separate refund.  

I wish we could tell them to just keep it and out toward the new cruise taxes and fees. That is where its going as soon as we get it anyway. I don't like overall how the FCCs work. From what I understand with Carnival there are no restrictions at all. I believe so anyway.

We've had our May 24th cruise cancelled and are waiting for our FCC, but have also been offered the opportunity to get 125% as OBC for our cruise planner purchases, but have to opt in by 4th May.  

If we opt in to get 125% as OBC, how long will that credit be valid for??

Thanks in advance and here's hoping to getting back onboard soon!!!

Rob

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 10:11 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

Well according to everything I have seen and heard and read from the Canadian government...that certainly seems to be the general consensus…..I cant leave my province it sounds like till that happends..so they sure as hell aren't unloading cruise ships with thousands of forgien people to wander around Canada's ports....

large gatherings, concerts, festivals and sports events cancelled till at least Jan, 2021......so while cruise ships aren't mentioned, safe to assume they wont let 3000 ppl show up on a dock.

In all likelihood I will miss my 2nd cruise this year in Nov......as will all Canadians..and anyone who isn't a Canadian shouldn't plan on visiting Canada in any way shape or form either...

On 4/27/2020 at 9:19 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

The idea that there has to be a vaccine for cruises to start is absurd. I don't know why people keep spreading that BS.

Cruising will likely start without a vaccine, the question will be, where can you cruise too?  If countries get this under control, do we really believe a port is going to open up and allow several thousand people to scatter across their country?  or the next port will be welcoming a ship that just left a country which has active covid cases?  Or that a US port will allow a ship to dock that just visited several countries that had active cases?   and what happens if a ship gets an active case of covid, will the US port allow it to dock as normal?

Personally, I adore cruising, but I will not cruise until I can be 100% sure I can get off the ship at the planned port on the expected day and not end up roaming the oceans looking for a port.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I signed up for the 125% of cruise planner purchases on 29th April, received an automated replay that said I would get a response within 72 hours and have not received anything yet.

Did anyone else sign up to this offer and if so, have you received any sort of response??

Thanks in advance

Rob

5 minutes ago, Rambocat1974 said:

Hi all

I signed up for the 125% of cruise planner purchases on 29th April, received an automated replay that said I would get a response within 72 hours and have not received anything yet.

Did anyone else sign up to this offer and if so, have you received any sort of response??

Thanks in advance

Rob

I signed up for the 125% on the cruise planner purchases. Back when the second cancellations were announced. Yesterday, received a refund on my credit card instead of the credit as requested. 

On 5/13/2020 at 3:33 PM, Andrew72681 said:

I signed up for the 125% on the cruise planner purchases. Back when the second cancellations were announced. Yesterday, received a refund on my credit card instead of the credit as requested. 

Thanks for the reply, can I ask which sailing you were on and how long did it take from your requesting the 125% on cruise planner purchases to getting the refund on you credit card??

Rob

I signed up for the CPC around April 4 for our June 19th Alaska cruise, we got our credit a couple days ago, still waiting on corrected FCC as the ones we got last week were way off on the amounts. BTW, I've never had any communication about the cruise getting cancelled. The cruise was still listed in my future cruises, when you went to the cruise planner, then you saw a banner about the "suspended" cruise. Further I had until April 8th to apply for the 125% CPC or it would automatically get refunded.  My Gratuities and port fess were refunded in multiple pieces, had to add them up to realize what was what. Still no Vacation Planner refund.