unlimited dinning package

jcfoshe

This is my wife and I first Royal Caribbean Cruise and have a few questions.  We are sailing Liberty of the Sea Sept 2021.  They just released an Unlimited specialty dinning for $154 per adult.  Is this total price for the cruise or price per day extra?  If you have set time at main dining hall, do you have to cancel that per day if you book a specialty restaurant? 

thanks

The only experience I have with UDP on a 7 night is for a trip I have scheduled on Allure in November this year; for that trip it's $179. I haven't been on either ship to compare options available; judging by that limited info I would guess $154 is a good price but I don't have adequate experience to give you a definitive answer.

I can say, however, that if you're comfortable with that price then purchase it now and if it goes lower you can cancel and repurchase at the lower price. That's advice received on these pages often ?

Yes, $154 for the 7 night UDP is a very reasonable price.  Just be sure you realize that Liberty only has 3 specialty restaurants, so you will end up eating at them more than once.  Personally, for a new cruiser, I would recommend the 3 night package (probably $99 PP) so that you can try each of the restaurants while still giving the main dining room a try. This is coming from someone who always purchases the UDP, so take that in mind...but I would certainly suggest that you give the dining room a fair shot before ruling it out entirely.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:32 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, $154 for the 7 night UDP is a very reasonable price.  Just be sure you realize that Liberty only has 3 specialty restaurants, so you will end up eating at them more than once.  Personally, for a new cruiser, I would recommend the 3 night package (probably $99 PP) so that you can try each of the restaurants while still giving the main dining room a try. This is coming from someone who always purchases the UDP, so take that in mind...but I would certainly suggest that you give the dining room a fair shot before ruling it out entirely.

Do you think the 3-night package would make more sense on a Brilliance 7-night? I'm definitely planning on the UDP for an 8-night Anthem cruise, but of course there are a ton more options.

35 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Do you think the 3-night package would make more sense on a Brilliance 7-night? I'm definitely planning on the UDP for an 8-night Anthem cruise, but of course there are a ton more options.

Yes, I think the 3 day pkg would be good for Brilliance.  Just FYI, we have the UDP for the Brilliance group cruise.

22 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Just FYI, we have the UDP for the Brilliance group cruise.

That might actually be a good idea, now that I think about it -- in case there's a group specialty-dining night or something. Maybe I'll just go ahead and take advantage of the lower price for it; I was planning on doing lunch at Chops on embarkation day anyway, so adding that in to the price of the 3-night and figuring in any other specialty lunches, the UDP might be the best value. It's currently only $154 for the 7 nights with the sale that runs through mid-May.

Sorry...thinking out loud! ?

8 minutes ago, Chadster said:

That might actually be a good idea, now that I think about it -- in case there's a group specialty-dining night or something. Maybe I'll just go ahead and take advantage of the lower price for it; I was planning on doing lunch at Chops on embarkation day anyway, so adding that in to the price of the 3-night and figuring in any other specialty lunches, the UDP might be the best value. It's currently only $154 for the 7 nights with the sale that runs through mid-May.

Sorry...thinking out loud! ?

❤️❤️?

• 5 weeks later...

I have a question, does the UDP be use for lunch too? We're going on our first cruise on Oasis of the Seas Nov 22, 2020. I see that Chops Grille has a lunch option, could we use the UDP here? Only on sea days right? Does Izumi offer lunch? With the whole potential change to the buffet at Windjammer, would specialty restaurants open up for lunch? 

We're on OOTS for a 7 night cruise with a group of friends for Thanksgiving and already blocked off 3 group dinners (both formal nights and Thanksgiving dinner). So the BF and I are wondering what to do about the other 4 nights for dinner. He wants the get the 3 night dining package...and I'm trying to justify splurging to get the UDP if the price is right...lol (I can't choose between Chops, Giovanni, Izumi Hibachi and 150 Central Park, I want to try them all). Getting the 3 night dining ($99) + Giovanni $39.99 = $138.99... it isn't that much cheaper than $179.99 for UDP ?...since he wants to try Portside BBQ and Playmaker at some point during the day...we can be Hobbits and do second dinners right??

Another UDP question as I ponder whether to tie up more money with RCCL while I'm awaiting some refunds for previous cruise planner cancellations and taxes/fees/gratuities, and I'm not really sure I wanna tie up more money right now...

Does the UDP ever "sell out"? Though I know none of us know what when-we-resume-sailing is going to look like, should I just bite the bullet and go ahead and secure the UDP now? Price, I'm not too worried about -- I've got OBC and a refund coming -- it's more about quantity available.

5 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Does the UDP ever "sell out"?

I feel sure that there is a limit to how many UDP’s they sell, but I have never actually heard of it selling out.  Perhaps it has.  I just don’t know.

I have a feeling that with reduced capacity, which is almost certainly going to be a “thing”, it may prove harder to get reservations than it used to be.  My guess is that eventually they will have to limit the UDPs to keep those numbers down.

12 hours ago, Jambo1111 said:

good evening cruisers.  i am going on the allure of the seas. i am thinking about the dining packages. it says you get $35 credit what does it cost for a 3 course meal at chops for example please. thanks james from Scotland

It's not a credit at Chops as Chops has a set price cover charge.  If you have the dining package you won't have to pay the cover charge. 

The $35 credit limit is for Izumi Sushi as that entire menu is ala carte.

17 hours ago, daha699 said:

Any idea what specialty restaurants will be on allure after dry dock  i am debating on the UDP or 3 night package but as of right now it is very unclear what restaurants will be on the ship ....

I believe Allure is just having maintenance and certification done at the moment. She was planned to have upgrades but these have been cancelled due to COVID 19 and the shutdown in an effort to save RCI money. 

2 hours ago, Spang1974 said:

I believe Allure is just having maintenance and certification done at the moment. She was planned to have upgrades but these have been cancelled due to COVID 19 and the shutdown in an effort to save RCI money. 

Yes you are correct , But what i am curious about the other specialty restaurants like Samba Grill Brazilian steakhouse is not listed on cruise planner and that used to be there , so i am curious there taking restaurants away with out replacing them ??

2 minutes ago, daha699 said:

Yes you are correct , But what i am curious about the other specialty restaurants like Samba Grill Brazilian steakhouse is not listed on cruise planner and that used to be there , so i am curious there taking restaurants away with out replacing them ??

I understand, I don't think anyone will have that information. 

26 minutes ago, Spang1974 said:

I understand, I don't think anyone will have that information. 

At least they can update there web site and put accurate information , if you look at the allure on the web site it shows all the information as if it was amped , i would not think it would be to much to ask to correct that information !

43 minutes ago, daha699 said:

At least they can update there web site and put accurate information , if you look at the allure on the web site it shows all the information as if it was amped , i would not think it would be to much to ask to correct that information !

Welcome to Royal Caribbean IT ?

Samba would be incredibly easy for them to get rid of at any time.  It utilizes the same space that is the Solarium Bistro on the other Oasis class ships which is a complimentary venue.

As far as the UDP vs the 3-night package, I can see how that's a tough decision for Allure as Sabor and Samba have lower price points so it makes sense to get the UDP if you wanted to try those venues (provided they remain in their current forms).  What the UDP offers is flexibility -- you can visit any open specialty restaurant for lunch.  You can pop into Johnny Rockets for a burger or get some onion rings to go.  You can get Izumi sushi as a snack or even to go.  There's some peace of mind that you don't have to worry about making the most of your dinners because they are at a $40-$50 price point if you purchased them individually.

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Welcome to Royal Caribbean IT ?

Samba would be incredibly easy for them to get rid of at any time.  It utilizes the same space that is the Solarium Bistro on the other Oasis class ships which is a complimentary venue.

As far as the UDP vs the 3-night package, I can see how that's a tough decision for Allure as Sabor and Samba have lower price points so it makes sense to get the UDP if you wanted to try those venues (provided they remain in their current forms).  What the UDP offers is flexibility -- you can visit any open specialty restaurant for lunch.  You can pop into Johnny Rockets for a burger or get some onion rings to go.  You can get Izumi sushi as a snack or even to go.  There's some peace of mind that you don't have to worry about making the most of your dinners because they are at a $40-$50 price point if you purchased them individually.

Thanks for the advise but my wife hates Izumi and Johny rockets were not a fan of either as i live in vegas and there is a Johny rockets accross the way from me and we never eat there , my concern is that there is no real information on what restuarants they will have or not have and i am sure Rccl knows what will be on the ship or not , i have bought UDP many times before , but unless there are more restaurants it will be a waste of money for me this time .

On 6/1/2020 at 10:44 AM, daha699 said:

Any idea what specialty restaurants will be on allure after dry dock  i am debating on the UDP or 3 night package but as of right now it is very unclear what restaurants will be on the ship ....

Assuming the $$ restaurants remain the same as they are/were prior to the dry dock, there will be Chops, Giovanni's, 150 Central Park, Izumi, Johnny Rocket's, Samba Grill, and Sabor.