FCC from 1st round cancellations

KyleW2

I canceled on March 11th. After numerous calls, they said I would get it on April 13th.  I called four days later and they said it processed and I was emailed in the 13th. But I never got the email (I check all the time)  and nothing on the spam folder. So they told me over the phone what the credit amounts are, want able to get that on email form tho.

If I were you, I'd call. Otherwise, I'd still be waiting for an email that was never coming. 

5 hours ago, KyleW2 said:

Has anybody received their FCC’s for the first round of cancellations that were supposed to be delivered by April 13th?

I received my refunds but still no FCC’s yet. Anybody still in the same boat?

Yes, I received the FCC's, but still waiting for refund of Taxes.  But I did receive refunds of Cruise Planner purchases. 

If you are looking for Royal Caribbean emails that never show up, be sure and check your trash can.  For reasons I have never been able to explain, Royal Caribbean confirmations go directly to my trash 100% of the time.  Advertising emails come to my inbox but not emails from revenue.  Go figure.

On 4/27/2020 at 9:27 AM, Snotarni said:

Still nothing for me...  Mine's a little different in that I cancelled my 3/12 Reservation under Cruise with Confidence (100% FCC).  Hoping I'll see something this by early May

Received (after asking on RCCL on FB Messenger) my FCC for my 3/12 Indy Cancellation.  I had to call my TA and they called Royal to get the Certificate Numbers;  then my TA had to call Groups (at Royal) to get the Value.  So, all in all, I got to apply them to a September Cruise.  Now, I'm waiting for the Cruise Planner Purchases to be refunded from that cruise.  Finding that if your TA books you through groups to get you a good rate, seems to make it harder for RCCL to peel your refunds/credit out and it takes longer.  That's been my experience (and what I've been told by the RCCL folks).   The people I've dealt with thru the FB Messenger at RCCL have been nothing short of awesome; they're passing on a very tough message, but have always responded to me in a pretty timely manner given what I'm sure is a very fluid and crazy situation.   I'm hoping that after all of this, that my September cruise on Navigator actually sails!  

• 2 weeks later...

Update on mine:

According to RCCL Facebook Messenger, my FCC's were emailed to me March 24th. I never received them. I check my inbox and spam folders daily. He said he will duplicate the credits and they should be in my email by the end of the week.

Rather frustrating as I have been on the phone with them multiple times since the 24th, and have asked about the FCC each time, and was never told they had been processed.

If you are still waiting, ask via Facebook Messenger. Maybe you will actually get a response that gives some guidance!

29 minutes ago, KyleW2 said:

According to RCCL Facebook Messenger, my FCC's were emailed to me March 24th. I never received them. I check my inbox and spam folders daily.

@KyleW2This happened to me awhile ago.  When I called RCCL to ask about the my FCC they informed me the certificates were emailed weeks prior to my call.  They said they would email them to me again but then proceeded to tell me what the certificate numbers were.  I asked about how to use the FCC and they gave me some suggestions.  One option was to apply the FCC to a previously booked reservation.  That worked out well because that reservation ended up being repriced and the FCC was applied and the balance due became $0 and some money was refunded.  The refund took about 45 days but eventually materialized.  Now I just worry that the future cruise will be cancelled and what happens to the FCC then.

I never did get an emailed FCC.

42 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

@KyleW2This happened to me awhile ago.  When I called RCCL to ask about the my FCC they informed me the certificates were emailed weeks prior to my call.  They said they would email them to me again but then proceeded to tell me what the certificate numbers were.  I asked about how to use the FCC and they gave me some suggestions.  One option was to apply the FCC to a previously booked reservation.  That worked out well because that reservation ended up being repriced and the FCC was applied and the balance due became $0 and some money was refunded.  The refund took about 45 days but eventually materialized.  Now I just worry that the future cruise will be cancelled and what happens to the FCC then.

I never did get an emailed FCC.

Yeah if I don’t have the FCC in my email by Monday I will just call and ask them to give me the certificate numbers on the phone. 

If your new cruise gets cancelled you will just be issued a new FCC. I’m sailing in December unless Royal cancels the sailing. If they do I’ll just request the full refund, not a big deal. 

• 2 months later...

I have had 6 cruises canceled and so far have received FCCs for only four of them. The first cancellation was on April 16, 2020, for the Adventure of the Seas sailing of June 4, 2020. They promised the FCC within 45 days but here we are 103 days later with no FCC. I've called Royal Caribbean several times about this but getting nowhere.

16 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

Call the post-cruise team directly, they are the ones who generate FCC's. 1-800-256-6649 and STAY ON THE LINE till it gets answered, don't press any of the prompts as it will simply re-direct to General Reservations.

I have had 6 cruises canceled and so far have received FCCs for only four of them. The first cancellation was on April 16, 2020, for the Adventure of the Seas sailing of June 4, 2020. They promised the FCC within 45 days but here we are 103 days later with no FCC. I've called Royal Caribbean several times about this but getting nowhere.

Thanks for the tip crisgold52. I did as you said and called. On the line for half an hour and was told the delay was because the amount they had figured out for the FCC was more than the 125% of the cruise fare that I'm supposed to be getting. Here's two issues that I told the agent may be causing the problem.

1. I used a previously issued FCC worth $573 to pay part of the cruise fare, so I should also be getting that back at 125%.
  2. The cruise itinerary was originally going to Canada and New England and when Canada closed its ports, they changed the itinerary to Bermuda and offered compensation in form of an OBC. I agreed to the change and received a $450 fully refundable onboard credit.

Thanks for the follow up. Actually, there was hardly any delay in getting through to the number you gave me. The agent I spoke to was very helpful and promised she would pursue this further and update me by email. I'll wait a few days to see if I get an email or the FCC and if not, I'll call again. I'm on eastern time so I won't call late at night PST like you suggest but I may call real early in the morning EDT.

Thanks again.

My cruise was canceled April 16, which is now 110 days ago, and I still don't have the FCC or refund of port fees and taxes.  Just tried calling customer service again, was on hold for 38 minutes, then got disconnected before an agent answered. This is so frustrating. I'm getting really annoyed at having to call and email Royal Caribbean to get an answer. Any suggestions anyone?

Yes, something isn't right here. I assume you, not a TA, made the booking. If that is the case , call again to the number previously provided, concisely and briefly state the issue and politely ask your call to be elevated for resolution. While my experience with FCCs is with Celebrity, they should be no different ...... I had FCCs within a week or two via email. Check your spam and trash even though it appears the last agent you spoke to saw the FCC hadn't been issued yet - they're easy to miss and agent training varies greatly. I had credits for taxes to my CC in less than a month. On the training varies greatly ...... I wanted to L&S a cruise in October '20 to same time in '21. The first agent offered me alternatives but not the exact cruise i wanted and said that one (a translant/repositioning cruise) wasn't available or eligible for L&S. I said thanks, waited 24h and called again. Got the exact cruise in 2021, same cabin, same rate, same perks. Be persistent and pour out the honey.  

Yes, I made the booking and didn't use a TA.  I sent another email earlier today to my Royal Caribbean planner and she just replied to tell me that everything is being processed. She said the problem all along has been that, even though the ship never sailed, the reservation was still showing as active and had never been canceled!! That is why they couldn't process an FCC or the refund of port fees and taxes! They did finally mark it as canceled on July 29 and have now started the refund and FCC process. Actually, it was July 29 when I originally called Customer Service so obviously the agent I spoke to at that time was able to change the reservation status from active to canceled.