Tin Foil Hat....

Ok, so I have been patiently waiting for a few cruise cabins and misc. items to be either refunded or OBC/FCC issued. Mainly from a May Ovation OTS Alaska cruise that was cancelled by RCI courtesy of the WU-FLU hysteria.   

Given the options of FCC or Cash refunds... one of our cabins opted to take the refund and re-book for the end of July for the same cruise.(Yes... we are optimistic) The price was almost HALF of the original fare so it made sense; the other cabin we opted to take the 125% FCC, and re-book in a Balcony stateroom instead of our original inside cabin. (plus we repriced even lower since the hasty re-booking). 

Well, fast forward to today.... the cabin that we opted for the cash refund is up for the final payment deadline today. Got an email earlier in the week reminding us that it would be charged to my CC on file with the balance due shown. Get a confirmation email today showing the cruise final payment being processed... and all of a sudden the cruise fare is $1.00 higher. I went back and double checked all emails... sure enough, it was suddenly $1.00 higher today. No explanation.

I emailed my TA to inquire about it.... and it seems super silly to ask about such a trivial amount... BUT with everything going on right now with Royal dragging their feet with refunds... my tin foil hat found its way to my head and started wondering if its something RCI is doing intentionally to try to raise some extra capitol. They could potentially raise millions of extra dollars by sneaking that trivial amount on peoples invoices. Given how most people are... I'd guess 75% or more wont even question it when time comes. 

Has anyone else that was forced to cancel and re-book with a final payment due... noticed anything similar??

PS.... ELVIS is also alive and well... and I am pretty sure I saw him on Harmony OTS back in September. 

(and aliens are kept at area 51!)

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY.... WHERE IS THE MISSING DOLLAR? ?

KCCO

(Keep Calm and Cruise On!)

Could it be because of the possible rounding of cents? Or maybe the extra dollar is somehow a credit-card authorization charge? Odd indeed.

Royal math usually makes me head hurt -- like with my latest cruise, when they charged me an extra $180 for an upgrade. I alerted my travel agent, and she alerted RCCL, and they're refunding it, but we all know how refunds are proceeding at the moment!

15 hours ago, Chadster said:

Could it be because of the possible rounding of cents? Or maybe the extra dollar is somehow a credit-card authorization charge? Odd indeed.

Royal math usually makes me head hurt -- like with my latest cruise, when they charged me an extra $180 for an upgrade. I alerted my travel agent, and she alerted RCCL, and they're refunding it, but we all know how refunds are proceeding at the moment!

Thought about that.... but check the actual invoice... and the line item for 'Cruise Fare' was the item that changed by the 1 dollar.