I'm being tested today

RCIfan1912

Well no respiratory issues that is for sure. I took my Doggy out to pee and it was so gorgeous out we went for a jog. Oh man that felt GREAT! I couldn't help it, it was so nice I had to do a little jog. Just 10 minutes but oh that felt so good! Need new walking/running shoes because mine are shot. 

@RCIfan1912, good to hear that you're not showing anything respiratory. I understand that feeling queasy for a bit thing, I had that about 3 weeks ago and was sure it was the beginning of something bad. Thankfully, just really bad allergies that day and felt totally fine the next day.

@bossdog421, any word on when NJ will start administering reliable and certified antibody tests to the general public, preferably on request? My younger daughter got sick with what we're pretty sure was Covid-19 in late January, and I got sick right after with a nasty respiratory infection that had me coughing in fits and gasping for air afterward; took a good two months before I got rid of that. I'd like for us both to be tested to see if at least one of us actually had it.

27 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

@RCIfan1912, good to hear that you're not showing anything respiratory. I understand that feeling queasy for a bit thing, I had that about 3 weeks ago and was sure it was the beginning of something bad. Thankfully, just really bad allergies that day and felt totally fine the next day.

@bossdog421, any word on when NJ will start administering reliable and certified antibody tests to the general public, preferably on request? My younger daughter got sick with what we're pretty sure was Covid-19 in late January, and I got sick right after with a nasty respiratory infection that had me coughing in fits and gasping for air afterward; took a good two months before I got rid of that. I'd like for us both to be tested to see if at least one of us actually had it.

I'm feeling a bit nauseous again today when I didn't yesterday. I'm feeling a bit dizzy too which is strange. I honestly don't know why we haven't got the results yet and its starting annoy. Took the test on Friday at 2:00. The place we took the test in Marlboro NJ says it does the antibody test. It says it on the website at least.   

20 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I'm feeling a bit nauseous again today when I didn't yesterday. I'm feeling a bit dizzy too which is strange.

I had both of those the day I got my bad allergies. This past week with the off-and-on rain and temperature swings has made them even more unpredictable and more severe when they do hit me. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is all you're feeling, plus the effects of days on end of stress hormones and other things that'll wear your body down.

22 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I honestly don't know why we haven't got the results yet and its starting annoy. Took the test on Friday at 2:00.

These places still operate on business days, since that's what the labs they send the tests to operate on. So I wouldn't expect to see results before tomorrow or Wednesday at the earliest. Hang in there!

7 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I had both of those the day I got my bad allergies. This past week with the off-and-on rain and temperature swings has made them even more unpredictable and more severe when they do hit me. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is all you're feeling, plus the effects of days on end of stress hormones and other things that'll wear your body down.

These places still operate on business days, since that's what the labs they send the tests to operate on. So I wouldn't expect to see results before tomorrow or Wednesday at the earliest. Hang in there!

Yeah that all makes sense. Tomorrow I guess I can expect results, maybe. The estimated time was 5-10 days. 10 days is complete insanity though. 

1 minute ago, RCIfan1912 said:

The estimated time was 5-10 days.

Ugh, that means they might not get back to you before Friday (5 business days). Hopefully it'll be tomorrow, Wednesday latest. I'm sure those estimates are intended for when they're operating at, or close to, peak capacity for collection and processing.

2 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Ugh, that means they might not get back to you before Friday (5 business days). Hopefully it'll be tomorrow, Wednesday latest. I'm sure those estimates are intended for when they're operating at, or close to, peak capacity for collection and processing.

But the guy I work with that has it, the reason I needed to be tested got his results the very next day. He took the test last Tuesday afternoon and was told Thursday or Friday but got the results late Wednesday last week, so the very next day. He went to a different place though, that place would not test me because I wasn't showing any symptoms. They then said after I already tested at the place we did test, they said they could test but in a week if I developed symptoms they would not test me again. So with them it was one and done, that is why they said to wait till I see symptoms. The place I went to said yes because I had direct contact with a positive case. Its crazy right? The whole thing is crazy. 

Hoping if you do have it, it is just a mild case. I think those that have antibodies to this will fare better as we move forward. I would love for me and my family to get an antibody test as I think I had it at Christmas. Had a sore throat, low grade fever and chills one day, also had the most horrendous cough, that lasted for months. My son also got sick, but my husband and daughter did not. We cruise Oasis September 27th——- hopefully! Here is for this to be behind and for us all to be cruising again! 

26 minutes ago, Deedeelynn said:

Hoping if you do have it, it is just a mild case. I think those that have antibodies to this will fare better as we move forward. I would love for me and my family to get an antibody test as I think I had it at Christmas. Had a sore throat, low grade fever and chills one day, also had the most horrendous cough, that lasted for months. My son also got sick, but my husband and daughter did not. We cruise Oasis September 27th——- hopefully! Here is for this to be behind and for us all to be cruising again! 

The antibody test is simple too, just a prick of the finger like checking blood sugar level. I think a lot of places are doing that now. Its a key to getting things open and going again. Thank you for wishes. I hope and you and the family safe or have antibodies already. Not the worst thing that is for sure. 

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

We have been doing antibody tests for a week now. Script from doctor for Blood draw (SARS CoV 2 AB IgG). We use Quest and get results back in 24 hours most times. We are mostly testing people who had symptoms at some point at the moment. We like a min of 4 weeks without symptoms, pref 6 weeks or we wont order the test

I assume most places NJ would be able to order it since Quest / Labcorp are offering it.

17 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

We have been doing antibody tests for a week now. Script from doctor for Blood draw (SARS CoV 2 AB IgG). We use Quest and get results back in 24 hours most times. We are mostly testing people who had symptoms at some point at the moment. We like a min of 4 weeks without symptoms, pref 6 weeks or we wont order the test

I assume most places NJ would be able to order it since Quest / Labcorp are offering it.

I wonder if they do that testing here as Hubby and I both had "something" (coughing for 2+ weeks and a one-day fever) back in February after we returned home for  7 days in Iceland.  We both have wondered if we had a mild case of it.

1 hour ago, bossdog421 said:

Is the assumption that these tests are accurate?  I've been hearing a lot about how there are many false positives and false negatives, but not sure if that's true of all of the antibody tests or just certain types or brands.

The antibody test is not consider 100% accurate but from what my doctor said is that it varies by brand. He told me to remember that we don't have a ton of hard facts right now. My godmother, who is 63, just recovered from COVID-19 and her doctor told her she would have immunity for 2 years. I personally think it is hard to pinpoint a thing like that...maybe he told her that for hopeful reasons. Until more trials and more than 50% of the population is tested, I say take everything with a grain of salt.

50 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Still no results and I just don't get it. Emailed and called, no results yet. Kind of a joke to be honest.

Ugh, that's rough. Waiting is the worst.

On the other side of this, I have a friend who's job it is to call people and tell them the results. It's brutal. She's exhausted when she comes home, mentally and physically.

23 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Well it took 8 days but we are both negative. I mean we knew that but nice to get the actual results. I just went on a fast paced hour walk so no issues. Its gorgeous today in NJ! Going for a second walk in a little bit. 

Congratulations on finally getting the good news!

And yes, the weather here is fantastic today. Been on my deck most of the day, catching up on news and blog posts while enjoying the first real sun and warmth in ages!

19 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Great news !

17 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Congratulations on finally getting the good news!

And yes, the weather here is fantastic today. Been on my deck most of the day, catching up on news and blog posts while enjoying the first real sun and warmth in ages!

Thank you both. Now time to keep it negative. ? In NJ the saliva test is becoming more common and much easier, faster and results come quickly. A bunch of towns near me are starting those tests. I'll take that test every month if needed. 

3 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Yay! I hope your other "symptoms" like your nausea have gone away with the good news too. 

Yeah I had that nausea, very nausea for just a day or 2 but obviously unrelated. Thank you. Lets all stay clear of this virus. NJ, parks are opening up on the 9th. Not full capacity but opening up. Sandy Hook Beach is opening up 50% capacity but not to swimming. So we are getting closer to things opening up. 

45 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

NJ, parks are opening up on the 9th. Not full capacity but opening up.

Parks actually opened up yesterday. My wife and I just got back from a short visit to Liberty State Park, and if our experience is any indication of what’s happening state-wide, we’re going to have a big second wave in a couple weeks. ???

By my estimate, less than 40% of the people I saw were wearing any kind of mask. And of those who did have one, far too many were walking around with their noses uncovered, or with the mask hanging down around their neck. Hardly anyone was social distancing, so I’m super-glad my wife and I kept our masks on the whole time.

44 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Parks actually opened up yesterday. My wife and I just got back from a short visit to Liberty State Park, and if our experience is any indication of what’s happening state-wide, we’re going to have a big second wave in a couple weeks. ???

By my estimate, less than 40% of the people I saw were wearing any kind of mask. And of those who did have one, far too many were walking around with their noses uncovered, or with the mask hanging down around their neck. Hardly anyone was social distancing, so I’m super-glad my wife and I kept our masks on the whole time.

Wife and I took a little motorcycle ride and stopped at the Newburgh Waterfront to stretch our legs. While the restaurants were closed (except for a few doing takeout) it looked like a normal Sunday afternoon. People walking around, people sitting in grass chatting, people feeding ducks, few boats docked who rent seasonal Marina dock, TONS of boats dropped in the day drop (not sure what that's technically called), people tailgating in the parking lot etc, etc. While people were trying to keep away from those not in their groups, which wasn't easy and wasn't 6 feet, I'm sure their groups weren't limited to their household.

So, in short (TL;DR), upstate NY people don't seem to be following guidelines either.

Glad everything worked out. Dog Puppy GIF by greengrin

I barbecued today on my back patio, it was a nice 71 degrees in Chicago. My block has been great about chatting but respecting the 6 feet and mask rule....then came the ice cream truck. Luring everyone outside their homes with its sweet siren call. All manner of children, the extra tall kind included, pushing and shoving for banana splits, bomb-pops and cones. None of the wee children had on mask and the taller ones ditched theirs in anticipation. On tomorrow a few more parks open, I can only imagine the spike we will be seeing soon.

49 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Huh, that's strange. Where I am in NJ just about everyone is following the rules. Everyone I see has a mask on or bandanna. I wear a bandanna. I kinda like wearing it, I look like a bank robber or an old time Locomotive Engineer. ?

"Look like".Riiiiight. And suddenly, we begin to understand how you fund your cruise habit. ? 

Seriously, though...I'm glad there are some people out there who know how this is supposed to work. One of my friends reported that things here in Maryland weren't quite so awesome when she was out and about today. ?

6 minutes ago, Chadster said:

"Look like".Riiiiight. And suddenly, we begin to understand how you fund your cruise habit. ? 

Seriously, though...I'm glad there are some people out there who know how this is supposed to work. One of my friends reported that things here in Maryland weren't quite so awesome when she was out and about today. ?

You caught me, that's how I pay for cruises except I'm not great at it and only end up in regular balconies. If I were a better robber I'd be in suites. ?

On 5/2/2020 at 3:06 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

Well it took 8 days but we are both negative. I mean we knew that but nice to get the actual results. I just went on a fast paced hour walk so no issues. Its gorgeous today in NJ! Going for a second walk in a little bit. 

Thank God .... I just took a great big sigh of relief for you.  I think you had the entire blog community have your back on this one.

19 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Thank God .... I just took a great big sigh of relief for you.  I think you had the entire blog community have your back on this one.

Well thank you very much. So far everyone at work yesterday negative, except the guy who has it and has been out of work for a few weeks now. 2 guys refused to get tested which I don't understand.