Refund Cash Received

711Dave

3 minutes ago, Kcusack89 said:

@711Dave so we're you part of the second wave of cancellations or did you cancel on your own

Yes, I was a part of the second wave.  As soon as I heard RCL extended the "no cruise zone" I called my travel agent to advise him to cancel using the cash back option. With wifey and I being just shy of 80, I was very wary of taking the FCC offer of 125% because not knowing what the future holds for us and for RCL.

12 minutes ago, 711Dave said:

Our Cruise cancellation confirmation was March 25, today is April 24. Pretty fast.

Our Cruise Planner purchases were cancelled on April 10, expecting refund about May 10.  We'll see.

Count on May 22nd to avoid being disappointed. May 22nd would be 30 business days. That is how long it took my cruise planner to be refunded after cancellation email.

My March 14th cruise as cancelled the day before we were to sail.  I have received my 125% FCC but have yet to receive any refund for port fees, taxes, gratuities or cruise planner purchases.  I only received my cruise planner confirmation on April 14th but still have not received the actual refund.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to timing at this point - I'm just hoping for a credit within 30 business days of April 14th at this point.  Unfortunately, RCL has been non responsive to email communications.  ?  I'm not a diamond cruiser but just made platinum so we definitely are loyal to RCL but the lack of communication has been very disappointing.

21 hours ago, Marlena said:

We got our port fees / taxes immediately.  Have been waiting on cruise planner refunds for over a month.

We have been the exact opposite, received our cruise planner refunds and not our port fees / taxes and insurance. Do not think the cruise was actually cancelled in the system until after our March 22 cruise was over. It showed up in our account until the cruise was supposed to be over. Still patiently waiting.

21 hours ago, tcneal said:

We have not received our port fees and taxes yet.   It's been exactly 30 business days since we canceled.   Not 30 days since the end of the cruise.  Not sure what date they are using.

I received refunds for the cruise I cancelled on March 13th.  The trans-Atlantic cruise on Anthem was scheduled to depart on April 12th and would have arrived in England on April 24th.  This morning April 25th ... all refunds for taxes, gratuities, and CP purchasses were received --- maybe just a coincidence.  Doesn't matter, I'm happy about the refunds but sad that my first trans-Atlantic cruise didn't happen.  

For those of you who are waiting on your refunds, apparently the 30 business day timing doesn’t start until after they have manually cancelled your cruise and prepurchased items and if you had cruise planner purchases you should receive an email and that is the date they are basing it on. For us, our cruise was cancelled as part of the first wave on March 13th. Cruise was from March 14-21. Although we quickly received our FCC, we didn’t receive a cruise planner cancellation email until April 14th and I’m being told the estimate is 30-45 business days after April 14th. I’m not sure if we were lost or an anomaly but if you haven’t received a cruise planner cancellation email they haven’t even started the refund process So with this timing, we won’t receive our refunds for our March 14th cruise until early/Mid June. 

1 hour ago, Cruising Family said:

For those of you who are waiting on your refunds, apparently the 30 business day timing doesn’t start until after they have manually cancelled your cruise and prepurchased items and if you had cruise planner purchases you should receive an email and that is the date they are basing it on. For us, our cruise was cancelled as part of the first wave on March 13th. Cruise was from March 14-21. Although we quickly received our FCC, we didn’t receive a cruise planner cancellation email until April 14th and I’m being told the estimate is 30-45 business days after April 14th. I’m not sure if we were lost or an anomaly but if you haven’t received a cruise planner cancellation email they haven’t even started the refund process So with this timing, we won’t receive our refunds for our March 14th cruise until early/Mid June. 

This was my concern about Royal playing around with their Date of "cancelled" was. So basically they will be holding the Monday from March 14th cruise for 2+ months. Plus the Upgrade i wonder that took the day before they cancelled my cruise. This is not the way to do business. To my My Cruise was cancelled on March 13th the day before i was supposed to board the ship.

Our letter says they will post to the account but we booked through a travel agency.

The same day our travel agency said click here to say where you want to use your FCC NOT ONE THING about being able to apply for a refund.

I'm not at all happy about it. I understand they lose commission but given the situation I found it very sneaky of them to offer no way to tell them to get  a refund. 

Now I read from facebook that the same TA are taking 3 months to issue cash refunds. ?

23 hours ago, Morganno said:

Our letter says they will post to the account but we booked through a travel agency.

The same day our travel agency said click here to say where you want to use your FCC NOT ONE THING about being able to apply for a refund.

I'm not at all happy about it. I understand they lose commission but given the situation I found it very sneaky of them to offer no way to tell them to get  a refund. 

Now I read from facebook that the same TA are taking 3 months to issue cash refunds. ?

Assuming the "letter" you refer to is from RCCL I believe the account you are referencing is your credit card you used with the TA. That said when we cancelled our booking ( for a cash refund) we did so online but I also sent the TA an email stating what we wanted to do. After out TA signed off on the cancellation RCCL refunded the cash directly to my CC, not to the TA. I have also heard that TA's in Britain (Belgium?) have to play by different rules than our U.S. TA's so that may make a difference.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Morganno said:

Update on the refund issue.

My UK based TA asked for my UK bank account on Thursday, stating it would be between 90-120 days to get my refund. 

Think TA is trying to pull a fast one! 

Get Martin Lewis on the case ?