Transatlantic Cruise

I am wondering, and this is for those that have been on a transatlantic cruise, what the ride is like during the Oct. - Dec. period?  I get there's numerous days at sea, so I'm wondering is the ship rocking and rolling, or is relatively easy sailing?  My partner gets seasick easily, and the scopolamine patch has helped with our most recent cruise, but that was in the Bahamas and a lot calmer easy sailing water.

Thanks for your insight in advance!

Been on several both east and west bound. Have been fortunate in that all our sailings were smooth except for the last. That one was this past December from Venice to Ft. Lauderdale on the Pacific Princess(That was on a very small 600 passenger ship).

If you are concerned, try what we did. We did our first on the biggest ship(Allure Of The Seas) and had a very smooth crossing. Try booking one of the larger ships. Sept. and Oct. sailings were very nice, as well as April and May.

I done my first TA in November last year on Explorer on 5th November I think it was. the first 2/3 were the worst we've ever experienced. granted we went through the bay of Biscay in November so that's never good. and our room was deck 6 at the front so heard the waves crashing against the hull which kept us up.

However on Day 4 everything was really calm.

we departed from Southampton but I've heard if you go from Barcelona it is a lot smoother as you a further south and miss the rougher seas.

I hope I didn't scare you, just my opinion of my TA

We did our first WBTA last September and I think that the statement for other cruises holds for the most part with the TA - The sea conditions you experience will depend on the current weather conditions.  If the weather is decent expect it to be pretty smooth and if there is a storm, not so much.  

We had a mix of both rough and smooth sailing.  There was a tropical system that moved up the east coast and to the Canadian maritime providences.  Because of that we started off great in England and Ireland and the first days at sea.  Things started getting rough as we progressed west and got closer to the storm.  It was projected to head right into our path, based on timing of the storm and our port schedule they made the decision to turn south and skip the Canadian stops.  Once far enough south and out of the reach of the storm, things settled down.  With the change we ended up with an extra sea day and a night in port at NYC.

We have done crossings in all directions, both the Atlantic and Pacific.  Our experience, with rare exceptions, is that you can count on some rough sea days.  That being said, Matt's comments about enjoying the ship are "spot on".  Also, usually the entertainment is top notch, oftentimes with headliners returning for another performance, often a matinee.