Turn around time?

Neesa

We are booked in a Jr. Suite on the Odyssey of the seas for Thanksgiving 2020. I went ahead and purchased many things but then the 40% sale occurred. After reviewing the numbers and consultations with @Lovetocruise2002, I felt comfortable enough to bundle some things and purchase the Key which I felt was a better price then I have previously seen. 

So I cancelled and re-priced a great deal, huge dollar amount. Am I also looking at the 30 to 45 day turn around for my refunds? 

Thanks also to @Jaymac Radio, I purchased the water park passes for the three of us, quite comfortable I can tuck away somewhere thus staying with my family and not purchasing a cabana, as that price for this week is still super high. 

Be safe and stay healthy everyone!

swimming pool dog GIF

8 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Am I also looking at the 30 to 45 day turn around for my refunds? 

That's a great question.  I cancelled a bunch of CP purchases and then repurchased at the lower price so I have some refunds coming, too.

I really don't know but I am expecting the refund to be "delayed" similar to what the cruise refunds have experienced.  After all, I feel certain that these "sales" are designed to infuse cash and it would be counterproductive (from their aspect) to turn right around and immediately refund the higher priced items in exchange for lower prices.  They are looking to hold onto ALL cash as long as they can.

• See below. I asked the same question yesterday.   I guess we wait and see!!!
  •  
  •  
  On 4/22/2020 at 10:14 AM, Snotarni said:

I actually ended up seeing $41 for the DBP for my Dec 13 FOS Sailing yesterday, so, I cancelled (who knows when I'll see that refund) and repurchased it.  

Can you please keep us in the loop on the time frame of this refund?   It used to be so seamless to cancel and rebook something in the cruise planner.  I'm curious if they will be holding these funds too.  Thanks!

I think I am in the exception. My cruise planner purchases were all refunded within 30 days of our cancelled March 22 cruise although it was done over several weeks. But the taxes, gratuities and insurance has not been refunded as of yet. 

45 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

I think I am in the exception. My cruise planner purchases were all refunded within 30 days of our cancelled March 22 cruise although it was done over several weeks. But the taxes, gratuities and insurance has not been refunded as of yet. 

You are VERY LUCKY... I was just told thru the RCCL Messenger that they've made several errors and that I will not get my FCC (from my 3/16 cancelled cruise) for another 2 weeks (yesterday they promised it today) AND I will not get my Cruise Planner refund for another 30 days due to an internal error.  I recommend, that everyone take the promised days and double (or triple) them.  I wouldn't be so frustrated if I hadn't been told each time I asked that it was "processed and being sent out".   ?

5 hours ago, Neesa said:

So I cancelled and re-priced a great deal, huge dollar amount. Am I also looking at the 30 to 45 day turn around for my refunds? 

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

That's a great question.  I cancelled a bunch of CP purchases and then repurchased at the lower price so I have some refunds coming, too.

Agree, that is great question and one that I was wondering too.  Hubby just asked me about that as I moved around bunch of things for Odyssey Inaugural. 

I cancelled my Deluxe Beverage package and swapped it for the new price of $49.  Then 30mins later, I kicked myself because in my excitement over the price drop, I forgot to check what VOOM+DX would be.  As it turned out VOOM+DX was cheaper than DX+VOOM two device plan, so I had to cancel my $49DX and get VOOM+DX instead. 

Anyway, because I did that twice, I now have two charges on my CC and no refunds back yet.  Hubby asked why there was about $1000 in new charges yesterday...oops...

50 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Agree, that is great question and one that I was wondering too.  Hubby just asked me about that as I moved around bunch of things for Odyssey Inaugural. 

I cancelled my Deluxe Beverage package and swapped it for the new price of $49.  Then 30mins later, I kicked myself because in my excitement over the price drop, I forgot to check what VOOM+DX would be.  As it turned out VOOM+DX was cheaper than DX+VOOM two device plan, so I had to cancel my $49DX and get VOOM+DX instead. 

Anyway, because I did that twice, I now have two charges on my CC and no refunds back yet.  Hubby asked why there was about $1000 in new charges yesterday...oops...

Don’t feel bad.  I did the same thing (forgot to check the VOOM+DX Pkg price).  It turned out that there was only about $1 difference in price so I just let it go. In one case, it was only 50 cents difference.  Not worth the rebooking (not to mention, tying up the money) effort.

4 hours ago, KyleW2 said:

“Should”. 

Everyone with cancelled cruises from RC still haven’t gotten our cruise planner refunds, nothing is going to be quick. 

Just curious - did you go in to cruise planner and cancel the purchases? Or did they get canceled as part of the cruise getting canceled. I canceled "The Key" in the cruise planner for our May cruise and had refund in 3 days.   That was before I knew about the 125% Cruise Planner credit option.

16 hours ago, KJ1231 said:

Just curious - did you go in to cruise planner and cancel the purchases? Or did they get canceled as part of the cruise getting canceled. I canceled "The Key" in the cruise planner for our May cruise and had refund in 3 days.   That was before I knew about the 125% Cruise Planner credit option.

Mine was cancelled by them, on March 14th and I received the confirmation email from them that it was refunded. I was not eligible for the 125% cruise planner. 

It is now April 24th and I JUST received my refund this morning