Information regarding future cruise protocols from Princess

9 minutes ago, mworkman said:

@melmar02 it looks like they have changed that page, I seen it and should have captured it on a screen shot.

The only place I saw mention of chronic conditions was an article by cruise critic that was popping up as news. I wonder if some of the new policy information was combined with some of the early march information and published as fact.

I can approve of the changes, although one thing that I do not care for is the fact that they have not made hand washing mandatory in the one area that I think that it should be....in the buffet!  I do believe that if you walk through the doors then you should be washing your hands PERIOD.  I have seen too many folks that come from the buffet, go to the bathroom and walk back in without ever touching the hand sanitizer or washing their hands.  ?

17 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

I can approve of the changes, although one thing that I do not care for is the fact that they have not made hand washing mandatory in the one area that I think that it should be....in the buffet!  I do believe that if you walk through the doors then you should be washing your hands PERIOD.  I have seen too many folks that come from the buffet, go to the bathroom and walk back in without ever touching the hand sanitizer or washing their hands.  ?

Would be interesting if they added a second set of doors to the windjammer that are manned to eliminate the non-hand washers. 

8 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Would be interesting if they added a second set of doors to the windjammer that are manned to eliminate the non-hand washers. 

How I wish!! I’ve seen things like that too often which is why I really don’t care to eat in there much anymore.  

10 hours ago, bhageerah said:

I do believe that if you walk through the doors then you should be washing your hands PERIOD.  I have seen too many folks that come from the buffet, go to the bathroom and walk back in without ever touching the hand sanitizer or washing their hand

On the Anthem you do go through a handwashing station.  There is no way to enter without going through there and they have someone watching you.  I have always seen the WJ manned and makes sure they do the WASHY WASHY with hand sanitizer if they don't have the station like Anthem

Where I have an issue is the MDR, it also has a buffet for breakfast and lunch.  I have never seen them monitor it like they do at the WJ.  On our Anthem cruise, we all remarked about how is it at 1 buffet you are forced into a handwashing station, but at another they don't enforce you to use the sanitizer right in front of them before they take you to a table.

16 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

This is a problem, although I’d imagine most would lie. Define severe?

“We will deny boarding to any crew or guests if they:

• Have an underlying, severe, chronic medical condition.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/keeping-you-safe-and-healthy/

Recalling what happened in the 60's and 70's, I expect a major public health initiative a year from now.  I also expect proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be useful in air or cruise travel, certainly to obtain visas when required.

4 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Exactly! Mine is induced by closed horse barns in the winter or indoor large exotic cat holding areas.

If I didn’t know better, That almost sounds like you just threw it in a random scenario generator. So I’m going with 

mine is triggered while bouncing around the surface of Mars while eating a Milky Way bar ?

1 hour ago, Pima1988 said:

On the Anthem you do go through a handwashing station.  There is no way to enter without going through there and they have someone watching you.  I have always seen the WJ manned and makes sure they do the WASHY WASHY with hand sanitizer if they don't have the station like Anthem

Where I have an issue is the MDR, it also has a buffet for breakfast and lunch.  I have never seen them monitor it like they do at the WJ.  On our Anthem cruise, we all remarked about how is it at 1 buffet you are forced into a handwashing station, but at another they don't enforce you to use the sanitizer right in front of them before they take you to a table.

You are right,  on the Anthem you really can´t go in the windjammer without ¨washy,washy¨ or the Purell  station right there. I agree re: MDR,  Solarium Bistro has sink and soap at door and Purell station.

In the UK, severe or chronic Asthma (as classed by some insurers and healthcare) is usually having a hospital visit for it in the last 3 years or using daily nebulisers. If you have asthma and use an inhaler with no further care required, they don't even blink when it's mentioned or at least my travel insurer didn't. If you have really bad asthma I would definitely get a letter from your doctor. My wife has very mild astha and I may get a letter from her doctor prior to our next sailing, but that is still a maybe.

16 hours ago, bhageerah said:

When I go to the bathroom, I wash my hands IN the bathroom.  Should I be required to wash again after taking 10 steps to the WJ entrance?

8 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Exactly! Mine is induced by closed horse barns in the winter or indoor large exotic cat holding areas.

That would not be considered chronic asthma. It is allergy-induced asthma. No issue.

My asthma, however qualifies as chronic because I HAVE asthma all the time, regardless of the fact that it is well-controlled by my current medications and exercise.

@SpeedNoodles is cleared to cruise, @HeWhoWaits may have to figure out how to minimize the chances of being "discovered."

14 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

When I go to the bathroom, I wash my hands IN the bathroom.  Should I be required to wash again after taking 10 steps to the WJ entrance?

Depends - do you touch the restroom door with any part of your body that MIGHT come in contact with your hands after washing but before you get to the buffet?

5 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I know that you will disagree, but its my humble opinion that for the good of all onboard that yes, performing hand hygiene is harmless.  And washing often does you no harm and benefits you as well everyone else onboard.  I would say that in your case the use of hand sanitizer would suffice, but my issue is that I see those that freely walk into the Windjammer and not wash or sanitize.  I have seen people pick their nose in line while they are waiting and grab a spoon, I have seen people scratch their personal areas and grab spoons, cough or sneeze into their hands and grab the same spoon that you are about to grab.  I will leave it right here there is someone on this board that says" I wash my hands 50 times  a day and it is not hard since I only have two."  That is a @twangster quote that I firmly believe in, its less than 45 seconds from applying soap to drying, and is a proven defense agains the spread of germs and keeping yourself as well as everyone else safe onboard.  

2 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

That would not be considered chronic asthma. It is allergy-induced asthma. No issue.

My asthma, however qualifies as chronic because I HAVE asthma all the time, regardless of the fact that it is well-controlled by my current medications and exercise.

@SpeedNoodles is cleared to cruise, @HeWhoWaits may have to figure out how to minimize the chances of being "discovered."

I can accept that. Well-controlled diabetes? It’s just a slippery slope.  

8 hours ago, Marlena said:

What I want to know is the come in contact with possible covid part....as health care professionals are we all banned now? I cant refuse to treat patients for 14 days before. 

Yep same here. I mean I wonky work weekends so the most I can go is  6 days ..I can probably ask my partner to do the covid patient scans (CT scan) but I mean making her do them for 2 weeks is kinda lame. Not to mention how would royal know I didn't have covid patients or not.

Hopefully by October it cools down and the so called second wave we can handle better by then