Non-Refundable Deposit

So I am signed up for a cruise on September 6th on the oasis of the seas.  I have until 6/6 to cancel before losing anything but the non-refundable deposit.  My question is will I get a cruise credit for my non refundable deposit or do I lose it all? I really don’t want to cancel but I am worried I will lose it all if I don’t because it’s out of New Jersey and as bad as New York is now is that cruise going to even happen. I also don’t have trip insurance..... I am a first time cruiser so please help me out!!! 

3 hours ago, KenBrew89 said:

So I am signed up for a cruise on September 6th on the oasis of the seas.  I have until 6/6 to cancel before losing anything but the non-refundable deposit.  My question is will I get a cruise credit for my non refundable deposit or do I lose it all? I really don’t want to cancel but I am worried I will lose it all if I don’t because it’s out of New Jersey and as bad as New York is now is that cruise going to even happen. I also don’t have trip insurance..... I am a first time cruiser so please help me out!!! 

We are on the same cruise. We were supposed to be on Oasis May 10th that was cancelled and we also had a non refundable fare. You don't get penalized if they cancel that is for sure, we are getting a 125% FCC. I don't know but I think even if you cancel you don't get penalized because of what is going on and the "cruise with confidence" thing. I don't know tha for sure though cause I had no desire to cancel ourselves. 

This information is only based on you, the cruiser, cancelling. I believe cruise with confidence ends on Sept 1st, so those who had cruises scheduled before then will lose nothing and have the NFD converted to FCC. If you have NFD and a cruise scheduled after Sept 1st then you are subjected to penalties for cancellation. Which is a usually a $100 per person cancellation fee and the rest sent into FCC. So if the deposit is $250, you would get $150 in a FCC to be used...therefor you will lose $100. IMHO if you aren't sure, do not pay the balance as it will just lock in more money.

6 hours ago, KenBrew89 said:

I would just hold off on doing anything and revisit in late May.  It's quite possible Cruise With Confidence is extended at that point.

Thank you all for the info!! I really don’t want to cancel because this is my first cruise and I have been watching everything this site post. So I am absolutely dying to go on this cruise!! So I will wait till the end of May and see what is going on then. 
Thank you all!!