Health

Bigken

Banned is a strong word. They changed boarding policies a lot every few days when this disaster was initially unfolding. I don't think anyone knows for certain what the new boarding criteria / policies will be yet. They certainly haven't been announced. IMO, I could see that they could require a note from your doctor stating that the asthma is controlled (such as with the use of inhaler), but I doubt they will ban anyone with asthma from getting onboard. They wouldn't even know if the passenger didn't disclose. 

31 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

They wouldn't even know if the passenger didn't disclose. 

IMO, this is how they will skirt the majority of what they are calling "health evaluations".  I think it will be kind of a "don't ask, don't tell" scenario. Obviously, with something transmissible, like Norovirus or COVID, they have to be  more careful (presumably) so they may conduct something like temperature checks or maybe even quick-result onsite testing but that would get expensive pretty quickly (of course, we all know who would pay for it in the end....US).  I do realize that temperature checks is a fairly useless indicator unless you are well into the transmissible phase, but it will probably suffice for what they will do.

1 hour ago, melmar02 said:

Banned is a strong word. They changed boarding policies a lot every few days when this disaster was initially unfolding. I don't think anyone knows for certain what the new boarding criteria / policies will be yet. They certainly haven't been announced. IMO, I could see that they could require a note from your doctor stating that the asthma is controlled (such as with the use of inhaler), but I doubt they will ban anyone with asthma from getting onboard. They wouldn't even know if the passenger didn't disclose.