New Cruise Planner Sale

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

This was my thought as well..this sale will generate some short-term immediate cash.  I think the return policy always stated it could take up to 30 days to see the refund of a cruise planner purchase, even before the current situation.  However it never took that long for me in the past.

That's what I was thinking! I haven't received my credit for the 125% in OBC but the price is sooo low. They're banking on me buying it anyway and using my future OBC for more things! Pretty good move, I'd say. 

Wow, never thought to ask!  Is anyone booked on Rhapsody 7 day out of Tampa late February?  We are strongly considering this for hubby, me & 2 adult children (can you be an adult child???). Would love to know what the UDP would cost.

Has anyone else had a problem repurchasing the Deluxe Beverage Package?  I have a September and a November cruise booked and had already purchased the DBP for both.  I was able to cancel the DBP for both of us on both cruises, but the cruise planner won't let me repurchase the DBP for either cruise.  The DBP no longer shows in the history of either cruise, but when I attempt to purchase  them again, it won't let me click on our names to put them in my cart.  

Edited by Winterh8r
Sorry, of course after I post this, now it decides to work.

30 minutes ago, Winterh8r said:

Has anyone else had a problem repurchasing the Deluxe Beverage Package?  I have a September and a November cruise booked and had already purchased the DBP for both.  I was able to cancel the DBP for both of us on both cruises, but the cruise planner won't let me repurchase the DBP for either cruise.  The DBP no longer shows in the history of either cruise, but when I attempt to purchase  them again, it won't let me click on our names to put them in my cart.  

No.  Last night I cancelled and repurchased a number of DBP, internet packages and 1 UDP.  No problem repurchasing.

8 hours ago, melmar02 said:

No, the alcohol package does not require a refreshment package for a minor. We've bought our alcohol packages on one sale and waited for the next sale to buy the kids drink packages. However, if one person gets the alcohol package, all adults in the cabin must purchase it. If you call you may be able to get an exemption to that, but they make the second adult buy the refreshment package instead.

You are correct.  I got my cruise lines crossed.   It was NCL that forced the 2nd person to the same package, so minors had to get the soda package.   We split up between cabins so only 1 adult has to buy the beverage package.  Thanks for the catch.

12 hours ago, tcneal said:

Now I wish those Coco Cay Cabana prices would drop.  They are still $1800 and above.   I wonder if they ever get purchases at that level?

Depending on sail date, there are price drops currently in place. I only have visibility into a date in February 2021, but there are sales. An example: Chill Island cabanas at 698 down from 999. Not the lowest I've seen, but a decent deal.

16 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

On my Oasis Dec 2020 cruise the Beverage package went down to $44/day but both adults have to get it so that is a pass.

As someone mentioned earlier, if you call and ask they will allow the second person to get the refreshment package.   It just might not work online.

1 hour ago, Ogilthorpe said:

Depending on sail date, there are price drops currently in place. I only have visibility into a date in February 2021, but there are sales. An example: Chill Island cabanas at 698 down from 999. Not the lowest I've seen, but a decent deal.

I remember the day when the raised the Labadee Cabanas to $595 and everyone screamed that they wouldn't buy another Cabana.   Now, I wishing for $595.

2 hours ago, Ogilthorpe said:

Do you know what the waterpark cabanas are running? 

22 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

Do you know what the waterpark cabanas are running? 

From my cruise planner (for 2/10/2021)

Thrill waterpark cabanas $598.99

Oasis Lagoon Cabanas $599.00

Chill Island cabanas $698.99

Coco Beach Club beach cabanas $899.00

South Beach Cabanas $999.00

Coco Beach Club Floating Cabanas $1499.00

2 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

From my cruise planner (for 2/10/2021)

Thrill waterpark cabanas $598.99

Oasis Lagoon Cabanas $599.00

Chill Island cabanas $698.99

Coco Beach Club beach cabanas $899.00

South Beach Cabanas $999.00

Coco Beach Club Floating Cabanas $1499.00

That's awesome! Thanks!

Just got off the phone with RCI, Just saved 142.00 off Nov 2020 sailing, 85.00 off Nov 2021 and got cabin upgrade, agent told me to keep an looking at prices for all their cruises. I couldn´t spend any more time on  it, I´ll call back tomorrow on the other 2 cruises we have. I just hope all is clear by Nov. 

23 hours ago, eaglesfaninfl said:

Just booked $44 beverage for me and $19 refreshment for my wife on Grandeur over Thanksgiving after seeing it on the Matt's Blog. Lowest beverage price I've seen in quite a while, thanks for the heads up, Matt. Now I just hope it sails!!?

We are on that cruise also.

Just hope that the drink package price is still that low when we finally get the 125 percent OBC.

19 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Yeah still not going to do that as my wife "only" drinks water, black coffee or tea.

I called yesterday and told them my husband is a diabetic. They allowed me to just purchase the dbp for myself. They never even mentioned making him purchase the refreshment package to my surprise. 

2 hours ago, Shari3 said:

I called yesterday and told them my husband is a diabetic. They allowed me to just purchase the dbp for myself. They never even mentioned making him purchase the refreshment package to my surprise. 

That is great!! 

Unfortunately for us that won't work as she has no medical condition "which is great" or religious reason for not drinking. It is just her choice.   

5 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

That is great!! 

Unfortunately for us that won't work as she has no medical condition "which is great" or religious reason for not drinking. It is just her choice.   

I'm wondering if they aren't being more lenient on this policy. I'm able to buy a DBP for one of my cruises for just one of us on the Cruise Planner.  It can't hurt to call and ask.

21 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm wondering if they aren't being more lenient on this policy. I'm able to buy a DBP for one of my cruises for just one of us on the Cruise Planner.  It can't hurt to call and ask.

Not for me they are not. From the cruise planner it wont let me just select one person. When I called they stated that they would need a Dr's note stating that my wife can not drink alcohol. Since she can but chooses not to will not suffice.

So its a pirate life for me.

26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I did several Cruise Planner cancellations/rebookings on 4-22 and 4-23 and received refunds last night (4-29) so I'm pleasantly surprised that these came in a reasonably timely manner.

Same with me!  I only did one cruise planner cancelation and repurchase.  The price difference was only $20 and I must admit I was reluctant to do it because I was expecting the refund wouldn't happen for a month or two.  Now, I feel somewhat guilty ... I should have let Royal keep the $20.

On 4/25/2020 at 4:24 PM, Leroyr55 said:

Wonder when the sales end. The fine print says May 13th. I’m still waiting for my %125obc refund. Have items in carts but want to use the refund to pay for it. 

I’m really hoping my OBC comes through before the sale ends too. Fingers crossed! 

On 4/21/2020 at 10:30 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Under normal circumstances, you would see your refund within 48-72 hours but I really have no idea how long it's liable to take now.  Since I suspect that this sale is designed to generate cash for Royal, it would seem logical that they would hold onto your original purchase as long as they possibly can.  I just don't know how long that could be.  I wouldn't look for your refund quickly, like it used to be.  I hope I'm wrong !!  I also made numerous cancellations and repurchases last night.  It would be nice to get the money quickly but I'm not going to count on it.

Glad to report I got the refund this week so it took a bit longer but not much!

10 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I did a cancel and repurchase on an internet package on April 21.  The charge posted April 22.  My refund posted April 29...a lot better turn around than I expected!

10 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I did several Cruise Planner cancellations/rebookings on 4-22 and 4-23 and received refunds last night (4-29) so I'm pleasantly surprised that these came in a reasonably timely manner.

Same.  All the Odyssey cruise planner items that I re-priced on 04/20 came back today.  I thought I would be waiting forever for that.  Still nothing back yet though from my cancelled 03/15 sailing.