Cruise Planner "Sale"?

I know, it's not technically a Cruise Planner sale, but...

My wife just noticed that the DBP, The Key, and a few other items in our CP dropped significantly just this evening for our 10/4/20 Oasis sailing... 

I checked the CP just a few hours ago and the old prices were still posted!

Take a peek in your CP just in case!

DBP dropped from $59 this afternoon to $44... nice!

The Key dropped from $26.99 to $21.99... we grabbed both and will worry how to spend our 125% OBC when the time comes!  :27_sunglasses:

It's still a whopping $89 (DBP) and $37.99 (The Key) for our 4/24/21 Symphony sailing...

image.thumb.png.a20f3bf5e40cc2346205c312f51d6748.png

image.thumb.png.b8575047c404391e068067c965dcc35e.png

Thank you SOOO much for this info.  I was able to go in and save a bunch on drink and internet packages.  Dining packages don't seem to be affected, but drinks and internet sure were.

I take back what I said in another thread that we would never see 40-anything prices again for drinks packages.  All of my non-Star Class cruises had 40-something (either $44 or $41) EXCEPT for my August Symphony (still $65.  Nope) drinks packages so I was wrong and I am HAPPY to be able to admit it !

YIPPEE !!!!!

Same here for Allure in December- $44 for deluxe beverage although since this is a cruise without kids we have to have internet to keep in touch with the Grandparents babysitters- $52 for beverage package + Voom.  Still a steal!

It’s still $89 for Symphony a month later.......I’ll be drinking water in a glass and house black coffee for that sailing unless the price drops!!

Refreshment package went down to $22 for our Adventure OTS Holiday cruise, Dec 28, 2020. Wait, that's what it USED to be. Someone on these boards called it! They said the higher prices will be reduced to "sale" prices, reflecting the former price., i.e., Price last year was $22 (former sale would be $18.99), now regular price $32 and sale is now $22. Ummmm, no thank you, Royal Caribbean.

Nice .... was able to take advantage of this -- a combo DBP & Voom (2 Device) for our September Oasis cruise ---

Thank You...

If I had to make a guess, doing this gave RC a much needed infusion of cash during these trying times.  Makes sense to me.  Everybody wins, us with a good deal, RC with an infusion of cash, and perhaps, those waiting on refunds (who knows on that last one).

I routinely check the Cruise Planner, and when I saw the price drops for Internet and DBP, I posted on my (Allure 1 Nov Transatlantic) group page.  Many people expressed thanks, but there were also one or two "it's just a money grab from RCL" comments.  While I acknowledged that it may take a little longer for the refund of the $ I spent for the originally priced Voom, I will eventually get it -- and it's about a $30 savings.   The combined DBP and Voom 1 Device was $47/day!  Of course, I have my "Intern" DBP, so didn't take advantage of that savings, but . . . WOW!!