The Genie Is Out of the Bottle – Our First Star Class Cruise – Oasis 9/20/2020

bossdog421

On 6/5/2020 at 12:38 PM, mk-ultra said:

If you don't mind me asking, did you get crazy-good pricing on the Ultimate Panoramic Suite?  I booked the exact same suite for a Oasis April 2022 cruise the same day they released the it for booking.  The price on this Star Class cabin was ~$100 more than an L1 Sky Class loft, which was insanely good.  Now the price seems comparable to any other Star Class cabin.

Yes, very good pricing. Like I didn't want to wait pricing.  With that said this wasn't the only room  priced really well on this sailing.  Tons of sky level suites were insanely low too.

Double digit day! 99 days to go. Feeling good and worried about the date at the same time. A random post from someone in the FB group saying they called the port and said they will be good to go out of jersey in August gave me a bit of confidence. But still... the world has gone mad, and all that grouping together is likely to drum up more cases. We are on the cusp of reopening and don't think anyone is going to be willing to shut down again. 

I've always been a gambling man. My bet is still on things will go!!!

Diet update down about 14 pound overall. Had a pretty big plateau for about a week that I finally got passed. Another 16 or so to go.

Beautiful day in Jesery. Got out for a hike with the family.

20200613_115254.thumb.jpg.bbbd4c1beabf3b43f2eb2b5dfdc94385.jpg

20200613_121327.thumb.jpg.36ccfcf75f25374fa844b9cbb94eaf8d.jpg

20200613_114537.thumb.jpg.a4411b37cd8b24a3d66331027b188e29.jpg

On 6/13/2020 at 5:21 PM, bossdog421 said:

Double digit day! 99 days to go. Feeling good and worried about the date at the same time. A random post from someone in the FB group saying they called the port and said they will be good to go out of jersey in August gave me a bit of confidence. But still... the world has gone mad, and all that grouping together is likely to drum up more cases. We are on the cusp of reopening and don't think anyone is going to be willing to shut down again. 

I've always been a gambling man. My bet is still on things will go!!!

Diet update down about 14 pound overall. Had a pretty big plateau for about a week that I finally got passed. Another 16 or so to go.

Beautiful day in Jesery. Got out for a hike with the family.

20200613_115254.thumb.jpg.bbbd4c1beabf3b43f2eb2b5dfdc94385.jpg

20200613_121327.thumb.jpg.36ccfcf75f25374fa844b9cbb94eaf8d.jpg

20200613_114537.thumb.jpg.a4411b37cd8b24a3d66331027b188e29.jpg

That shot of the skyline is insane.  Where is this?

3 hours ago, coneyraven said:

That shot of the skyline is insane.  Where is this?

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/new-jersey/wildcat-ridge-hawkwatch-trail

Hawkwatch. 5 minute drive from my house then about a 30 minute hike. 

Lots of cool stuff on that trail if you are willing to do some more serious hiking.

50 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/new-jersey/wildcat-ridge-hawkwatch-trail

Hawkwatch. 5 minute drive from my house then about a 30 minute hike. 

Lots of cool stuff on that trail if you are willing to do some more serious hiking.

Hiking has always been one of my loves .... Done many miles on the Appalachian Trail.  One of the true benefits of being in far western Maryland..... hiking trails all around.  Thanks for sharing the link.  Will have to check it out.

So here we go. Final payment day is coming in quick.

Had to have the "what do we do discussion" with the wife.  Lift and switch isn't a viable option, it would put us too close to a cruise we have booked next year.  FCC doesn't interest me too much because i'd still want to do something this year(I. Need. A. Vacation). We are going to make the final payment on friday and hold on for the ride. If the cruise gets canceled we will just take the refund and make other plans.

Really hope things still go. This is what i want to do. Not losing hope yet!

PS: This diet is officially making me mad. 

3 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

So here we go. Final payment day is coming in quick.

Had to have the "what do we do discussion" with the wife.  Lift and switch isn't a viable option, it would put us too close to a cruise we have booked next year.  FCC doesn't interest me too much because i'd still want to do something this year(I. Need. A. Vacation). We are going to make the final payment on friday and hold on for the ride. If the cruise gets canceled we will just take the refund and make other plans.

Really hope things still go. This is what i want to do. Not losing hope yet!

PS: This diet is officially making me mad. 

If memory serves me correctly, we are on the same sailing. We are doing the same thing, my agent said she'll process on Friday in case of any processing errors and we will ride it out. We will shift it to next year as we are eyeing the September 2021 Oasis anyway to replace our December Harmony sailing (officially going to cancel, supposed to be a friends cruise but no friends can make it). However, if this cruise does get cancelled, I'll probably upgrade us to a Grand Suite in 2021. Looking at current price it's about the same price as September & December so, why not, it'll be our 5 year & a late celebration of her 29th (+11) birthday. Also gets my agent similar commission she would have got this year from me LOL! Win-Wn! 

We too need a vacation, started looking into Wildwood, it's been years and only a 3 hour drive.

59 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

If memory serves me correctly, we are on the same sailing. We are doing the same thing, my agent said she'll process on Friday in case of any processing errors and we will ride it out. We will shift it to next year as we are eyeing the September 2021 Oasis anyway to replace our December Harmony sailing (officially going to cancel, supposed to be a friends cruise but no friends can make it). However, if this cruise does get cancelled, I'll probably upgrade us to a Grand Suite in 2021. Looking at current price it's about the same price as September & December so, why not, it'll be our 5 year & a late celebration of her 29th (+11) birthday. Also gets my agent similar commission she would have got this year from me LOL! Win-Wn! 

We too need a vacation, started looking into Wildwood, it's been years and only a 3 hour drive.

There are several of us in the 9/19/21 Facebook Group that are refugees from this sailing .... in fact, one of the transplants is already getting plans in place to do a get-together for just us. 

So looks like up to 9/15/20 is being canceled. Still going to ride it out. I mean i got 5 whole days past the new cancel date. If she still sails that means I would be on the first on Oasis out of NJ once things resume. I have no issues being the test subject for new policies.

Not looking great but worst case they cancel and I refund and do something else. I have some ideas but I'd rather be cruising.

*Rubs lamp* Come on Genie give me some magic.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I tried to stay positive but Corona has taken this cruise.

I am extremely disappointed because i really needed this trip. I am trying a hail mary with the travel agent to lit and shift outside of the normal dates but i doubt that will happen. Once this refund is processed I will just spend it on a vacation that isn't a cruise.

Diet update: I changed from a strict low carb diet to the Haagen Dazs about 2 weeks ago and hid the scale in the basement. I have been too ashamed to post. lol

17 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

I am extremely disappointed because i really needed this trip. I am trying a hail mary with the travel agent to lit and shift outside of the normal dates but i doubt that will happen. Once this refund is processed I will just spend it on a vacation that isn't a cruise.

Diet update: I changed from a strict low carb diet to the Haagen Dazs about 2 weeks ago and hid the scale in the basement. I have been too ashamed to post. lol

So disappointed for you.  Why don't you think you will be able to find a qualifying L&S cruise ?

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So disappointed for you.  Why don't you think you will be able to find a qualifying L&S cruise ?

Well i already had another cruise scheduled In Oct 2021. I am unwilling to take more time off work within 2 months of an already scheduled absence. It would just create too much work and headaches.

As far as I can tell the L&S for this cruise would have to fall between Aug and Oct of 2021.  If I could move this to sometime between March - and June 2021 it would work. That is my hail mary move. If the TA can work some magic great. Pretty sure I'm just going to take the refund.

1 hour ago, bossdog421 said:

I hate you lost your cruise. Cant wait till we can all talk about actual, real, happening cruises, again.

As for the weight loss journey....dont feel bad. As long as it took and as easy as it was to gain weight, its equally hard to lose it.  Set backs are just part of it. Over the past 3 years, I started at 270, got down to 195, and have gone between 215 and 195 at different points based on how strict ive been in my routine. ROUTINE IS THE KEY. Since Covid19 struck, Ive gained 13 lbs. No gym + stuck at home with all the food (and increased alcohol intake) = weight gain.  Our office had a gym, and once this hit and i started working from home....gym went bye bye. I tried working out at home, but its just NOT THE SAME, and its discouraging. Good news is, I found out this week that ill never be going back to the office (working from home permanently) so im going to bite the bullet and join a gym near the house. Now that I know this is permanent I can establish a new ROUTINE. Im more than ready to get back to my old diet and exercise. YOU CAN DO IT....set backs happen. Dont give up.   

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Congratulations !  That’s awesome !

Thanks! I hope it goes well. Next, if I can just get these kids out of here!!! I like to PLAN....and now that I know Im here full time, it alllows me to do so a bit more.  The constant uncertainty was weighing on me pretty heavily. Now I just have to set up my "office" and get off the kitchen table.....and away from the pantry.  

5 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

Thanks! I hope it goes well. Next, if I can just get these kids out of here!!! I like to PLAN....and now that I know Im here full time, it alllows me to do so a bit more.  The constant uncertainty was weighing on me pretty heavily. Now I just have to set up my "office" and get off the kitchen table.....and away from the pantry.  

Well, as you noted above, routine is so important. I definitely advise you to get a space that is dedicated to “work” and get a routine in place.  I have been working from home since 2005 but I have been fortunate - no children at home and have always had an [home] office.  Frankly, I don’t know if I could have done it if I’d had children at home.

1 hour ago, SteveinSC said:

I hate you lost your cruise. Cant wait till we can all talk about actual, real, happening cruises, again.

As for the weight loss journey....dont feel bad. As long as it took and as easy as it was to gain weight, its equally hard to lose it.  Set backs are just part of it. Over the past 3 years, I started at 270, got down to 195, and have gone between 215 and 195 at different points based on how strict ive been in my routine. ROUTINE IS THE KEY. Since Covid19 struck, Ive gained 13 lbs. No gym + stuck at home with all the food (and increased alcohol intake) = weight gain.  Our office had a gym, and once this hit and i started working from home....gym went bye bye. I tried working out at home, but its just NOT THE SAME, and its discouraging. Good news is, I found out this week that ill never be going back to the office (working from home permanently) so im going to bite the bullet and join a gym near the house. Now that I know this is permanent I can establish a new ROUTINE. Im more than ready to get back to my old diet and exercise. YOU CAN DO IT....set backs happen. Dont give up.   

Yeah at my heaviest I was about 300, I got all the way back to 190 a couple years ago. I have been hovering between 220 and 230. I feel the best with myself under 210. I was 214 when I gave up 2 weeks ago. I'm 220 again.

Dieting is super hard when there is a ton of stress. Work is tough, virus screwing up everything, a line to my septic collapsed and flooded my basement (this started my diet failing, just fully fixed today)... I just wanted a break!

I was just joking about the Häagen-Dazs diet, I haven't been that horrible...I'll get back on track soon.

Going to pretend to cruise in my bathtub now.

thrive love & hip hop GIF by Robert E Blackmon

15 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Going to pretend to cruise in my bathtub now.

Or you could dive into depression like us and do crazy things...like build a pool, hot tub, and cabana right in your backyard.  No cruise, no problem!  Now I just need a Genie, oh wait, that's me, I'm the home Genie lol.  

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

...like build a pool, hot tub

We talked about a pool this year hot tub last year. Think we will go pool but next year. By the time it's up and running, summer will be over in NY.

13 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Now I just need a Genie, oh wait, that's me, I'm the home Genie lol.

Same... And this Genie is making some Margarita's tonight!

4 hours ago, bossdog421 said:

Sorry, know how much you were looking forward to it. We moved to next year after the CLIA announcement.

Good luck on your hail mary L&S! 

Diet: ugh, it's all of us struggling. I have to realize, I'll be remote for the foreseeable future. As @SteveinSC mentioned, it's time for me to get a routine, up my workouts (I am doing a little from home gyms still closed), and put away the alcohol during the week.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Now I just need a Genie, oh wait, that's me, I'm the home Genie lol.  

I got me a genie already. It's my wife. *cheesy comment* because with her all of my dreams came true... *realistic comment* She definitely has to use some kind of magic to put up with my crap.

3 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Sorry, know how much you were looking forward to it. We moved to next year after the CLIA announcement.

Good luck on your hail mary L&S! 

Diet: ugh, it's all of us struggling. I have to realize, I'll be remote for the foreseeable future. As @SteveinSC mentioned, it's time for me to get a routine, up my workouts (I am doing a little from home gyms still closed), and put away the alcohol during the week.

I've "quit drinking during the week" about 5 times since this all started.....fucked up dancing GIF