cruise planner refunds

kimlet

I just received email about my cruise planner refunds, has anyone gotten one yet. I was part of the second wave and was allowed to choose to have the 125% as OBC but my email states will be refunded to credit card. I sent my reply back before the date.  Was hoping to have that and use it toward new booking for next year.

15 minutes ago, kimlet said:

I just received email about my cruise planner refunds, has anyone gotten one yet. I was part of the second wave and was allowed to choose to have the 125% as OBC but my email states will be refunded to credit card. I sent my reply back before the date.  Was hoping to have that and use it toward new booking for next year.

I completed the form as well and got a the cancellation summary email.  Still haven't received a credit card refund (which I don't expect as I opted for the 125% OBC).  I think the cancellation summary email was triggered by the cruise being officially canceled in the system.  I know I was able to still see my cruise in my list of upcoming cruises prior to receipt of the email and now I can no longer see it.

24 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I think the cancellation summary email was triggered by the cruise being officially canceled in the system

Frankly, I think this is where a lot of confusion is being generated - and I'm not convinced that it isn't on purpose...

It seems to me that Royal is starting the "countdown clock" for refunds on the date that THEY officially cancel the specific cruise in the "system" (whatever that really means), which seems to be happening right around the time that the cruise would actually be sailing.  I could be completely wrong here, but it seems like the countdown clock does NOT start on the date that they make the formal announcement about the cruise cancellations, but rather on the date the "system" cancels the cruise.  So for me, that countdown clock will not start clicking until close to May 16, which is the date we would have sailed on our now-cancelled cruise.  I hope I'm wrong about this but that's what it seems like, to me.

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Frankly, I think this is where a lot of confusion is being generated - and I'm not convinced that it isn't on purpose...

It seems to me that Royal is starting the "countdown clock" for refunds on the date that THEY officially cancel the specific cruise in the "system" (whatever that really means), which seems to be happening right around the time that the cruise would actually be sailing.  I could be completely wrong here, but it seems like the countdown clock does NOT start on the date that they make the formal announcement about the cruise cancellations, but rather on the date the "system" cancels the cruise.  So for me, that countdown clock will not start clicking until close to May 16, which is the date we would have sailed on our now-cancelled cruise.  I hope I'm wrong about this but that's what it seems like, to me.

I believe you are correct in that. However, whatever refund date they are saying or tell you on the phone, add an additional 30 days. They have made it quite clear they have no intention to give anybody their money back by the dates they say.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

I completed the form as well and got a the cancellation summary email.  Still haven't received a credit card refund (which I don't expect as I opted for the 125% OBC).  I think the cancellation summary email was triggered by the cruise being officially canceled in the system.  I know I was able to still see my cruise in my list of upcoming cruises prior to receipt of the email and now I can no longer see it.

I opted for the OBC too, just hoping it goes through that way. I did email them to see

I also opted for the 125% cruise planner credit for my 05/11 cruise, but got the email at midnight at states it will be refunded to original form of payment. Like some mentioned above, I didn't think about it, but it probably is just an auto generated email. But I saw that they embedded a link to the cruise planner email address so I shot them an email about it. I'm not worried about it either way, but it would be nice to have an extra 25% to apply toward an excursion or something. We'll see! 

4 minutes ago, CruzOnBye said:

I also opted for the 125% cruise planner credit for my 05/11 cruise, but got the email at midnight at states it will be refunded to original form of payment. Like some mentioned above, I didn't think about it, but it probably is just an auto generated email. But I saw that they embedded a link to the cruise planner email address so I shot them an email about it. I'm not worried about it either way, but it would be nice to have an extra 25% to apply toward an excursion or something. We'll see! 

I emailed to, i am hoping to use it for next years. Just sucks i lose out on my 18.00 per day drink package and next years right now is 118.37

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This biggest problem that i see with this is.....you had to submit a request to get the FCC by April 10th in order to be eligible, which means those of us that are sailing after that date puts us in the category of technically submitting false documentation. ?  Also we are left out of the program of receiving 125% since that program hasn't been extended that i know of...or has it?

21 minutes ago, kimlet said:

I emailed to, i am hoping to use it for next years. Just sucks i lose out on my 18.00 per day drink package and next years right now is 118.37

Yikes!!! That's heartbreaking. We paid $61/pp and right now it's $65pp for August. Gonna wait till it goes down for sure. Our cruise in Feb is $90pp, so praying for a Black Friday sale! haha

1 minute ago, CruzOnBye said:

Yikes!!! That's heartbreaking. We paid $61/pp and right now it's $65pp for August. Gonna wait till it goes down for sure. Our cruise in Feb is $90pp, so praying for a Black Friday sale! haha

i am hoping it goes down too, maybe when dollar gets better

This cruise planner email was automatically generated. Your cruise disappeared off the planner too. Someone in one of my Facebook groups called RC and were told that it was automatically generated and they can’t stop them. 

All FCC and OBC will be done by April 30 and you’ll get another email stating that. 

I freaked too ?

Here is her actual response: 

The RC representative I spoke to this morning said, the email I received this morning saying that my cruise planner reservations will be refunded back to the card I purchased them with, is a standard email that is sent out when a cruise is “typically” canceled. She said they’re not able to prevent those emails from coming out. She said on April 30th, anyone who requested 125% FCC, as well as anyone who filled out the additional form for the 125% cruise planner reservation credit, will receive an email with that credit information. I asked multiple times to clarify that the money I spent on the drink package and dining package are NOT going to be refunded to my card and she ensured me that they are not. It seems as though they are unable to bypass the typical emails that are sent out when cruises are canceled (because they don’t normally offer the 125% credits). She said they have had a huge influx of calls regarding this today, and are trying to get that fixed for the newest around of cancelations. So I guess we’ll see on April 30th if that’s the case! 

5 hours ago, mworkman said:

This biggest problem that i see with this is.....you had to submit a request to get the FCC by April 10th in order to be eligible, which means those of us that are sailing after that date puts us in the category of technically submitting false documentation. ?  Also we are left out of the program of receiving 125% since that program hasn't been extended that i know of...or has it?

It was extended on the last round of cancellations. My TA sent me an email with the link to the form that has to be completed by May 4.

7 hours ago, kimlet said:

i am hoping it goes down too, maybe when dollar gets better

7 hours ago, CruzOnBye said:

I was just alerted that it just went down to $49 for our September Symphony sailing....I was so not expecting to see $40's again

We had two separate bookings on the same cruise that was cancelled. We executed the required request to cancel rather than take the FCC for both within a few minutes of each other. One (the one involving less $$$ that Royal has to return) was cancelled in the system and we have received the Cruise Planner cancellation email. The other (more $$$) booking still exists with no Cruise Planner cancellation email.

12 hours ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I was just alerted that it just went down to $49 for our September Symphony sailing....I was so not expecting to see $40's again

Mine is also down to $49 and I can’t book it because I don’t have my credit yet. ? I could go ahead pay for it and cancel and rebook when the credit comes through but then I would have to pay the current price and with my luck it’ll be higher. 

I spoke to a very nice rep in Guatemala last night. That was a surprise. I asked when I could expect the OBC refund and that I had put two items in my cart since there was a nice price drop. She did some checking and said it looked like I’d receive it by the 27th of April. So hopefully the items in my cart will still be available at the price they are now?

1 minute ago, TXcruzer said:

I cancelled about $1800 in cruise planner items on 4/10, I received 100% credit to my AMEX today, 4/21

That is awesome news.  Fingers crossed that they are going to continue with quick turnaround on CP purchases.  11 days is waaay longer than it used to take but waaay faster than the cruise fare reimbursements have been lately.

1 minute ago, TXcruzer said:

I cancelled about $1800 in cruise planner items on 4/10, I received 100% credit to my AMEX today, 4/21

Not a refund, but perhaps indicative of the volume of processing at RCL currently: I made a cruise planner purchase on Friday 4/17 and it has not yet posted to my visa.

5 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

Not a refund, but perhaps indicative of the volume of processing at RCL currently: I made a cruise planner purchase on Friday 4/17 and it has not yet posted to my visa.

Every one of the ones I made last night have already hit my account !!!  They wasted NO time in processing every single one of them like lightning.

1 hour ago, RBRSKI said:

Does anyone know if by law do US companies and banks have a certain time frame they have to follow for issuing credits?  Meaning number of days?

I am not aware of any law regarding the rapidity of issuing a refund.

As for banks, once the refund is submitted to the bank by a company the bank has three (3) business days (from COB on the day of the refund) to make funds available if the amount is less than $1000*. The time is extended to seven (7) business days for larger amounts (meaning 9 calendar days because there is guaranteed to be a weekend in there). If a refund is issued after 5:00 p.m. local time for the financial institution, it is the beginning of the NEXT business day so there can be four to ten (4-10) full weekdays before the money must be available to you.

*This was the amount that was in effect when my wife retired from banking. It may be higher now.

15 hours ago, Leroyr55 said:

I spoke to a very nice rep in Guatemala last night. That was a surprise. I asked when I could expect the OBC refund and that I had put two items in my cart since there was a nice price drop. She did some checking and said it looked like I’d receive it by the 27th of April. So hopefully the items in my cart will still be available at the price they are now?

Unless they extend it, I believe the current cruise planner prices are good thru April 27th