Renaissance Marriott Curacao

Neesa

Hello friends!

Anyone try the above destination for the day on this port stop? We will be in Curacao fingers crossed 11/24/20 if the ship is delivered on time and we sail. We have never visited this Island and will be there from 0800-2000. 

There are no day passes but we are considering just booking a room for the day, thoughts? 

Appreciate your input, be safe and stay healthy!

Beach Day Summer GIF by MSLK Design

No, I have never been to that resort...but...

Curacao is my favorite island and if you have never been there before, I recommend that you take the opportunity to just walk around and enjoy the port area/downtown the first time.  It is so nice.  It is so easy to walk from the ship through the fort area into town (across the Queen Emma floating bridge) and enjoy the waterfront.  I love the tuk tuks at the other side of the bridge that will give you a wonderful tour.  I’m not saying that the resort wouldn’t be great...I would just hate for you to miss the wonderful experience of walking and exploring the first time. The choo choo train tour is also a lot of fun.

@WAAAYTOOO Thanks so much! We have never been before & are scheduled to be there during our Thanksgiving Odyssey sailing. I was looking at the area on google earth and it did look just gorgeous...and I LOVE choo choo tours lol!! Thanks for your input, I really hope she is done in time, I know @Lovetocruise2002 is going to be on the first sailing when she arrives in Port Everglades. I hope they give an update, my balance is due in August and I MAY already be dealing with an FCC for my 28 June sailing, albeit feeling better and better about that one though every day. 

train GIF

You are so welcome !  Just 1 note about the train...there is only 1 way to get on that train and that is to book it ahead of time through Royal in the Cruise Planner.  You canNOT buy a ticket on land once you’re there. I found that out the hard way  ??

We won’t be there again until August 2021 on Symphony but I can’t wait.  I LOVE it there.