Anyone Shuffling Cruises Around Due to a Cancelled Cruise?

For those that have multiple cruises booked up to 2021 or 2022, are you shuffling your cruises around due to a having to cancel a cruise that you were really looking forward to?  

We had Anthem booked this past March and had it cancelled.   Really really wanted to try Anthem.  We have re-booked it for December, but I have doubts if things will be stable then (or if cruises will even start up again in NY by then).  

We also have a 4 day Mariner cruise + a few nights at Disney planned for August we most likely will be cancelling.  That was an amazing combo and we promised our kids we would return to Disney some day.  

We have Harmony booked for March break, and Oasis booked for following March break.  So we could cancel one of those and replace it with Anthem (of course, for even more than our Dec price, which is much more than our cancelled Anthem).  Or hang in there and wait for March break 2023.  That seems so far away...but then again, we love Oasis class and have yet to try those two ships (plus although we have a very basic room booked, we have a very good price).

And not sure was well when we will rebook Disney.  Ugh.....

How about others?  Are you replacing an existing cruise with one that you missed?

I'm taking the Group Cruise on Brilliance in October to replace the one I lost on Adventure in June. It's slightly shorter and in a different ship class, but I'm still excited. I also received an FCC from a cruise on Grandeur I cancelled in May when all this started, and I'm thinking I want to use it to experience Oasis even just one time. I'm trying really hard to make something positive out of all these changes and to experience new things while also trying to experience the things I wanted to originally, too.

We just had a 4 day on Enchantment in late May cancelled - Deluxe Beverage Package for 2, Chef's Table, and internet package was purchased. We have two 7 days on the books already. The first is Liberty in November, and all of our cruise planner purchases are already paid for. The second is on Jewel in January 2021 going to CocoCay, and the cruise planner just started listing items in the last couple weeks. We really weren't planning on another cruise in 2021 because we want to save as much as we can for an Alaska cruise and land tour in 2022 for DH's 50th birthday. So we're going to apply the FCC to one of those cruises already booked, and we opted for the 125% OBC for our cancelled cruise planner purchases which we'll apply to the Jewel sailing. We already have a big OBC on that one (Next Cruise and the promo at the time), and with the 125% added in, it will cover the DBP for all three adults who are going on that cruise. I plan to drink my weight in Coco Locos and forget all about the coronavirus. 

So far, lost a May Mariner ... booked a Sept Indy replacement ... same money, better/longer itinerary ... 

Lost an april NCL cruise ... letting that one go to refund, they didnt have anything comparable that interested me

Holding an October Panama Canal cruise but think that's going to be cancelled by me when we hit final payment date ... will probably look at an October replacement at that point ... possibly the blog cruise.

Lost three B2Bs starting in Sydney on April 7 and ending in Vancouver 39 days later (would be at sea en route to New Zealand today, after visiting five ports in New Caledonia and Vanuatu).  Re-booked same route next year, roughly same time frame.  Just hope it goes!  Two ship prices higher, one lower than this year.  Flying to Australia on frequent flyer miles, hopefully!

We were booked for Oasis on 5/31... it was just cancelled as everyone knows. We really wanted to sail Oasis class out of NY/NJ and sail on the amplified Oasis. We did book a backup date for Oasis of 10/4/20... fingers crossed that cruise will be a go. It will be the first cruise that my wife and I will go on alone since our honeymoon back in 2004. Good news is that Oasis will still be here in 2021 too if they cancel the 10/4 sailing!

We booked Symphony for 4/24/21 before we booked Oasis and can’t wait for that as we are going with our good friends that we sailed on Allure with back in May 2019. We originally had booked Harmony that month, but the cruise was cancelled by Royal due to the 5-year maintenance dry-dock. Royal was awesome and we moved effectively to the same cabin on Symphony at the same cost plus they threw in $200 OBC for the inconvenience. Fingers crossed that cruise will be good to go as well!

3 hours ago, Dan Curtis said:

Had cruise canceled for May 25 th, not rebooked yet, but planning to, just not sure how far out to plan, don’t want to have to keep rebooking, their is other people involved in booking. Good luck to everyone and their planning.

Yeah...this is a problem. To decide how far out can you reschedule...that works with your travel time that won't be cancelled or unsafe to cruise.

3 hours ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

May 30th on Adventure to Bermuda was just canceled, so we’re trying to make lemonade out of lemons and book the same cruise on Freedom in 2021.  Hoping to use the 125% to make it a better experience with cabin upgrades ?

Love the positive attitude.  

13 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

Had one cancelled in March right after the shutdown, rebooked to November. Have one in June hoping they do not cancel and added one in July in case they do. Things opening up starting this week and hoping by end of next month all back to normal. 

Wow !  There’s optimism for ya !  Good job !

8 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

How about others?  Are you replacing an existing cruise with one that you missed?

I have two that are being held as back up right now. 

If Oasis this August gets cancelled, I will be joining @WAAAYTOOO on SY for the 8 night next August.  In doing so, I will give up Liberty, which I currently have booked for August 2021. 

If Odyssey Inaugural gets cancelled, then I have a deposit on Navigator (hopefully it's stable enough to travel by then).

The one that pains me the most to lose is my upcoming July sailing on Adventure, 9 night to Canada/NE.  Not only have I been looking forward to that itinerary for almost two years, and we haven't sailed Adventure since our honeymoon almost 18 years ago, but there is no Plan B for that sailing for the foreseeable future.  Next summer (2021), there are no 9 night Canada/NE sailings like that one.  The only similar one is on Empress and it's so late in August, that I won't be able to go due to school restarting.  That means the earliest I "might" be able to replace that one is summer 2022. ☹️

10 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The one that pains me the most to lose is my upcoming July sailing on Adventure, 9 night to Canada/NE.  Not only have I been looking forward to that itinerary for almost two years, and we haven't sailed Adventure since our honeymoon almost 18 years ago, but there is no Plan B for that sailing for the foreseeable future.  Next summer (2021), there are no 9 night Canada/NE sailings like that one.  The only similar one is on Empress and it's so late in August, that I won't be able to go due to school restarting.  That means the earliest I "might" be able to replace that one is summer 2022. ☹️

I'm lucky enough to be able to have the time in my schedule to take the Blog Group Cruise on Brilliance in October to make up for my Canada/NE trip I lost on Adventure -- I decided to go that route instead of going with a backup on your sailing like I had originally planned, in part because I'm so very sad to say, I'm a bit concerned about whether it'll be a go. ? I REALLY hope you get to do that one though, because 2022 is a long way away. ?

32 minutes ago, Chadster said:

I'm lucky enough to be able to have the time in my schedule to take the Blog Group Cruise on Brilliance in October to make up for my Canada/NE trip I lost on Adventure -- I decided to go that route instead of going with a backup on your sailing like I had originally planned, in part because I'm so very sad to say, I'm a bit concerned about whether it'll be a go. ? I REALLY hope you get to do that one though, because 2022 is a long way away. ?

I would totally be on the Brilliance GC if it didn’t fall over Canadian Thanksgiving. The kids are not interested at all for Canada/NE so it was always just Hubby and I. I can’t leave them behind over a holiday though. Both the kids and grandparents would probably not be ok with that lol.

9 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

cancel a cruise that you were really looking forward to

We lost our June 7 Jewel of the Seas Arctic cruise, which has been a bucket list trip forever. Even scored the Intern Special for it ? 

There is no comparable sailing next summer, sadly.

So we'll be looking to add a couple of sailings, likely in the Caribbean since we'll be moving back to that side of the world before the end of the year. As soon as we have a move date, I'll be back to planning and plotting! ? The good part is that Arctic cruise was more expensive than some, so we'll be able to get a couple trips out of our FCC.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have two that are being held as back up right now. 

If Oasis this August gets cancelled, I will be joining @WAAAYTOOO on SY for the 8 night next August.  In doing so, I will give up Liberty, which I currently have booked for August 2021. 

If Odyssey Inaugural gets cancelled, then I have a deposit on Navigator (hopefully it's stable enough to travel by then).

6 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

We lost our June 7 Jewel of the Seas Arctic cruise, which has been a bucket list trip forever. Even scored the Intern Special for it ? 

There is no comparable sailing next summer, sadly.

So we'll be looking to add a couple of sailings, likely in the Caribbean since we'll be moving back to that side of the world before the end of the year. As soon as we have a move date, I'll be back to planning and plotting! ? The good part is that Arctic cruise was more expensive than some, so we'll be able to get a couple trips out of our FCC.

It's soo disappointing when you've planned for so long and then it gets cancelled...and then hard in both your cases where you can't rebook similar. For Anthem, we know that it will come back and sail again similar (for this one, it's all about the ship).

@Lovetocruise2002 so sounds like you've been taking care of back up plans. I have so many "What-if" scenarios.  Am tempted to just put down a deposit too for backup plans (as can imagine prices will really skyrocket with so many FCCs), but I keep thinking the worst case where cruising is out a long time and then companies go bankrupt.  

I've been sitting here tonight thinking I might just pay cash for the 6-day Oasis cruise scheduled for late June, and then use the FCC I already have toward an upgraded holiday cruise; after a bit (okay, a lot) of browsing on the RCCL website, I'm finding decent prices for balconies for Christmas, which would be an upgrade from my current oceanview-cabin Christmas plans aboard Grandeur. I figure Lady G's in Baltimore until April of '21 at least, and fitting in even a quick 5-day jaunt to Bermuda in the late winter or early spring wouldn't be too hard since it's a quick trip to Baltimore to sail. That way, I could pick a different ship/itinerary for Christmas cruising this year, still get a summer cruise thanks to a decent price for that 6-day Oasis cruise if it goes forward, be able to take the group cruise to Canada this October thanks to the FCC I'll get back from my cancelled early-June cruise, and get at least one sailing on Grandeur before she leaves the fleet.

So many options! Ugh...I blame you people and your YOLO attitudes! ? I hope you're proud of yourselves. ?

We had Liberty of the Seas booked out of Galveston, Texas this past March 22, 2020 and had it cancelled. We have re-booked Liberty of the seas out of Galveston, Texas for August 2, 2020.  

We have booked Navigator of the seas out of Galveston, Texas for April 16, 2021. 

Looking to book Mariner of the seas cruise out of Orlando, Florida for April 2022.