Wow! Pretty scathing article about Carnival

Carnival was negligent. They transferred crew off the Grand Princess in California and sent them to other ships. Across their lines they had way more problems than any other line and in my opinion it is due to their lackluster response in the very beginning. 

It looks very damning for Carnival, but it certainly isn't going to be good for any cruise line.

Surely Royal will get a lot of fallout from this article simply because, to the ignorant general

consumer, all cruise ships are the same.  Floating Petri Dish is simply too easy for non-cruisers

to say, as it makes them look as if they actually know what they're talking about, when it proves

that they are just plain stupid and mis-informed.

Carnival's misdeeds are frequent and in many cases appear to be deliberate in nature. This starts at the top and ignorance is a very poor excuse especially in this day and age. The willful display of non-transparency and manipulation permeates the culture. Hence, why I will never cruise with them.

7 hours ago, Jill said:

Carnival was negligent. They transferred crew off the Grand Princess in California and sent them to other ships. Across their lines they had way more problems than any other line and in my opinion it is due to their lackluster response in the very beginning. 

??? I never said if they was negligent or not...speaking specifically on how manipulative the article is...especially showing a picture that's not collaborated...as being from the particular cruise/ship in question or date, time, authenticity of the pic...which no doubt used to convey a narrative. Of course, imo, there was negligence; and, those passengers & crew are going to have a case: but, the article itself is not saying anything that we are not already aware of for the last month, from when this event happened. Why rehash month old news if it was not to show a picture, to prejudice the reader, right off the bat; then rehash an old story to achieve what? Very manipulative, imo, and add to the total wrecking of an economy & more specifically, the industry. The article, posted a few days ago, was not needed & very unnecessary.  Cruise ships, by nature, is going to be problematic & an easy target....which is what this is.

When I read that article I couldn't do anything but laugh. Because it is nothing more than a rehash of old news set to a bias, scathing, badly contextualized theme. It lumps all the other lines in by causally mentioning them, tarnishing cruising as a whole. I cruised on Carnival about 14 years ago, there was no "washy, washy"...I heard there still isn't and they are not the cleanest in other instances. They were negligent to continue to have ships out, after March 15th, and they deserve any and all punishments for that. But be careful of the narrative...cruise ships are floating cesspools the same way airplanes, museums and indoor venues are.

52 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

Didnt know viruses had eyes to not make contact with ....

Sorry, I took your comment as a general statement of NYC subways and my reply was meant to be humorous. I've lived here in New York my entire life and have been to NYC many, many times as it is a short train ride away. I did not mean to confuse you.

They need to have some one to try and blame. Cruise lines have been taking a beating since this started, it still comes up about the Diamond and the Grand Princess´s I still hear about it from friends that know we like to cruise. I tell them you fly don´t you, how clean is that, just have to be safe about it.

6 hours ago, ehw51 said:

They need to have some one to try and blame. Cruise lines have been taking a beating since this started, it still comes up about the Diamond and the Grand Princess´s I still hear about it from friends that know we like to cruise. I tell them you fly don´t you, how clean is that, just have to be safe about it.

I believe after the initial barrage of rebookings, there will be a big lull in bookings over the next 1 to 2 years.  In my opinion, there will be amazing prices offered, but dining packages, drink packages, and other add-ons will be more expensive, and I'm afraid service and food quality will take a hit.