New Years/Harmony/COVID?

The wife and I were on Harmony for New Years along with 8000 or so guests and crew..

About a week after returning home, around January 12th or so, I got sick with a fever for about 3 days and right after, my wife had the same. We shrugged it off.

Now I wonder could we have been early COVID survivors.

I can believe a lot of us had it already but didn't suffer grim fates or were incorrectly diagnosed since underlying conditions attribute to death. I traveled to Connecticut and Seattle in Jan for almost 3 weeks on business conferences. The first week of February I had the "flu" and it lasted almost 3 weeks. I was sick for a week, 2 days after I felt great and then a days later I could barely walk. I had bad pains, couldn't eat and had a high fever..it even hurt to breathe. I later read that all of my symptoms can occur with the virus. Then in early March, when things had progressed,  one of the lawyers actually got COVID, from another lawyer who happened to be asymptomatic. I stayed home when I was sick in Feb and the other guys went to work, none of us had been on cruises. We did fly American, United and Spirit more than 8 times that month.

7 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

I totally agree with most everyone's response,  I was on the Adventure for NYE and got off with a nagging cough.  The A symptomatic aspect of this virus is making it very hard to nail down.

Just as side note because I'm not a ln expert on pandemics or viruses but has there ever been a virus quite like this? Some get mild symptoms, some get serious symptoms, some need to go to the hospital, some don't, don't need to go to the ICU, some die and some have absolutely no symptoms at all and just spread it. Is this not completely insane?

2 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Just as side note because I'm not a ln expert on pandemics or viruses but has there ever been a virus quite like this? Some get mild symptoms, some get serious symptoms, some need to go to the hospital, some don't, don't need to go to the ICU, some die and some have absolutely no symptoms at all and just spread it. Is this not completely insane?

Trust me I know.  I am a Firefighter/Paramedic and our policies have been changing every shift.  Very Sad for those who have lost their lives.

28 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

It is completely insane.  And so frustrating when your coworkers won't follow social distancing "rules", potentially endangering everyone in the workplace.

I have a neighbor who refuses to believe this is real, tries to get in your space, will not wear a mask, annoying and dangerous. I have COPD and don´t need the aggravation.