FCC - Is this right?

Matt V

Trying to keep it brief...

Had cruise in early April. We cancelled on March 11th. This was days before the 125% FCC or full refund offer, sucks for us.

I called today as I never got my FCC email. RCI said they did the FCC calculation and gave me totals which is fubar.

Not to anyone's surprise but completely unfair is that they split the FCC equally four ways (me, wife, two toddlers). 

We got $716 each. Our original cruise fare was as follows: 

Adult $1251 Adult $ 693 Child $475 Child $475.

The new cruise we booked fare as follows:

Adult $1633 Adult $1633 Child $456 Child $456

So they applied the FCC to take $716 off the adult fare and $455 off the kids. Now I get the remaining FCC of $522 for a future cruise good for 6 months that I'll never use or even can use with everything shut down

Is this correct of them? Shouldn't I get the $522 refunded towards the $1000 deposit? The second cruise costs more than the first one but I still have to pay more out of pocket because they split the FCC equally. 

Either way what a complete mess. 

You can call m royal and provide them with your reservation number tell them that you would like to apply the remainder of your FCC to your new cruise reservation which is exactly what I did when I made a new booking while on the phone with a Royal Caribbean representative days after I had cancelled my April 26th cruise on Harmony of the seas in an interior room for my mom $ I & about a few weeks later I got an FCC email for 878 each so Yesterday I called royal Caribbean and booked a new cruise over the phone for independence of the seas for November 2021 in a Junior suite for 2 people & after the deposit that cruise was more than the harmony cruise that I had booked online so after I had the Royal Caribbean representative apply all of the FCC & $200 deposit plus the cost for selecting the refundable deposit the remaining balance is less than $30 for my mom & I.

First a FCC can only be used towards the cruise fare of the person it was issued to. This case the remaining amount will only be eligible to be used by the kids. Next, the remaining value of a FCC will be issued post cruise valid until the FCC would have expired in the first place.

Deposit should be viewed as a pool of money, not a $250 payment per person. With that in mind the deposit covered the taxes for all individuals and the remaining funds went towards the balance for the adults.

Hopefully this example makes sense...

Using your example: Cruise fare: Adult $1633, Adult $1633, Child $456, Child $456. Using a hypothetical taxes of $100 per person.

Post FCC remaining balance: Adults $917, Adult $917, Child $0 ($261 FCC post cruise), Child $0 ($261 FCC post cruise). Now the $1000 deposit covered $400 in taxes.  Remaining $600 will go towards the adults cruise fare leaving $1,234 ($617 each) owed.