No new ships!

Not surprising. I think every cruise line will have challenges filling ships for at least a year after they start sailing again. Partly because they may have to deal with ongoing port restrictions that limit who chooses to sail with them, partly because of the PR black eye they’ll need a long time to overcome, and partly because they have so many ships already.

Long as I get to try out Odyssey eventually, whenever she comes to NJ, I’m good. ?

I know work continues on Odyssey but I wonder if she will complete on time.  Social distancing at the shipyard will slow down work.  It might not stop work, but with fewer workers per sq. m I have to believe it will delay launch. 

That may not be a bad thing as there will be one less ship to fill plus by dragging out construction, shipyard workers stay employed longer.   Sort of a win-win.  

What would they do if she is not finished, FCC? Oh boy, we are on her 11/20 with final payment due in August. I wish we could get an update, I would try to book another ship as back up, I need to sail on Thanksgiving or else! I must show up at the family place up North, (cold) ? usually still relegated to the kiddie table at the end, ugh!!!

15 hours ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Sadly Joe I Don't Think She Will Be Going Up There Anytime Soon. Her Design Would Not Do Well Up There.

I know she’s Q Ultra rather than regular Quantum, but is the design that different that she can’t handle cold weather and bigger waves? Even if it is, they could send her up for a summer season like Oasis or Adventure, no?

34 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I know she’s Q Ultra rather than regular Quantum, but is the design that different that she can’t handle cold weather and bigger waves? Even if it is, they could send her up for a summer season like Oasis or Adventure, no?

A little off track from Odyssey,... you probably already noticed, but it looks like we'll have Oasis (25 dates), Anthem (37 dates), Freedom (NE/Canada & Bermuda - 34 dates) and Empress (NE/Canada & Bermuda - 17 dates) out of Cape Liberty in 2021 based on the website!  :27_sunglasses:

40 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

A little off track from Odyssey,... you probably already noticed, but it looks like we'll have Oasis (25 dates), Anthem (37 dates), Freedom (NE/Canada & Bermuda - 34 dates) and Empress (NE/Canada & Bermuda - 17 dates) out of Cape Liberty in 2021 based on the website!  :27_sunglasses:

Yup, but the way things are going I need to be prepared to sail on Summit out of NJ. And if I don’t have this trip canceled, I still have an agreement with my wife that we take off cruising for 2021 to get the loan for our kitchen remodel paid off. So I’ll most likely be missing out on all the new-ships-in-the-neighborhood fun. ?

1 hour ago, Snotarni said:

I'm curious as to when the Amplifications will start back up... scheduled for 2 cruises on Explorer next year...  

Same here...I dread the idea of many of RC's plans that was scheduled to be completed over the next few years, may not see fruition til much later after their original debuts.

1 hour ago, LandstromCruise said:

That’s funny. Last night I was just looking at possibly booking a back to back on her as my back up plan. I heard great things after the refurb and have been wanting to cruise her. 

We're doing a B2B (4 day then 3 day) on Navigator in September.  Our replacement for our lost Indy Cruise in March.