Booked Star Class! Oasis Ultimate Panoramic Suite! Questions...

Yeah I'm excited. First time booking Star Class! For those that didn't follow along, i was just on Harmony in January for my 10 year wedding anniversary  and did a live blog here it was a blast!  That was our only other RCCL cruise and had a great time in our Sky Class Loft. Gotta say i was totally jealous watching those genies zip around for other groups. I knew i was going to book one just not this soon!  Seeing some of these prices I just couldn't pass up the deal... seriously not even taking into account that i wont need flights this time its about half the cost of my last cruise and it's STAR CLASS and we can now celebrate wifes 4.... i mean 30th birthday! ( i get to celebrate too my 40th is next week but canceled due to covid)

This room looks like it's a newer addition as part of the amplification.  It looks amazing. Has anyone here had the opportunity to stay in one of these rooms? Only 2 things are concerning me. First is no balcony. Obviously  this is made up for with the insane views, just a couple floors up and we got the suite deck anyways. Second is how far it is from the suite lounge / the rest of the star class suites. From what i can tell about the deck plans EVERY other star class suite is aft. I have no issues walking across the ship to get to coastal kitchen (i plan on being more #teamCK this time but now i'll have specialty dining included so still going to be limited, no MDR at all this time!)  a couple nights but I'm slightly worried about genie access with it being so disconnected for the rest of the star suites.  Any input on either of those items would be appreciated.

I am ready for a vacation! Working in healthcare int he middle of all this craziness is exhausting!  A September sailing seems like a pretty safe bet.

@Lovetocruise2002 Too early to start a live blog @ 5 months out?? ? . I upgraded my phone so I plan on taking a ton of pictures again!

8 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Has anyone here had the opportunity to stay in one of these rooms?

No, but there are a couple of great Youtube videos on it.  Just google "Oasis Ultimate Panoramic Suite" and it will come up.

9 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Second is how far it is from the suite lounge / the rest of the star class suites.

Far!  This cabin is Deck 14 all the way forward.  The rest of the SC cabins, and suite lounge are aft or Deck 17 aft.

10 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

genie access with it being so disconnected for the rest of the star suites.

If you read the live blog by @betatke1480 from February 2020, one complaint was the the Genies on Oasis were a bit disconnected and he was not sure if that was due to the addition of these new cabins or just the Genies themselves.

But in the end, SC is better than no SC, so go and enjoy!!  When is the sailing?

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If you read the live blog by @betatke1480 from February 2020, one complaint was the the Genies on Oasis were a bit disconnected and he was not sure if that was due to the addition of these new cabins or just the Genies themselves.

Slightly disappointing to hear ? ... I'll have to look up that blog. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

But in the end, SC is better than no SC, so go and enjoy!!  When is the sailing?

I'm sure! Sailing is Sep 20th.. 11 days after my wife's birthday, but she didn't want to go earlier / on her birthday because of school starting. I figured pulling my 9 year old out of school 2 weeks in will be fine though lol. I'm sure it's going to be a lot of recapping first couple weeks due to how school is running right now anyways.

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I don’t think we’ve had any reviews of the UPS yet so don’t really have much insight....but those views look awesome !

Congratulations !

Thanks! Yeah it's all pretty new stuff, which i love being part of. I'll be sure to do a big room review in the liveblog.  Not doing an over water cabana this time, figured actually seeing the rest of Cococay will be an experience in itself.  Really excited to see all the little differences between oasis and harmony now that oasis is amped. Playmakers and lime and coconut please!

Going to go back and reread some of yours and lovetos blogs to prep myself for the star class experience!

37 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

what isn't included with SC?

Pastries from Starbucks

Alcohol above the drink threshold (although I have had the excess $$ waived from time-to-time)

Excursions

Spa treatments.  SC includes 1 days of thermal spa access only but does not include any spa treatments 

Chef’s Table will charge you $25 PP for wine.

Obviously, anything in a retail store.  A single excel here is you can get ice cream at the candy store but not the candy itself.

There’s actually very little that is extra $$.  You will get all of the water, beer and soft drinks (including energy drinks) you want brought to your suite but you must pay for bottles of wine or liquor.  You can get individual wine and liquor drinks brought to your suite at no cost unless they exceed the drinks package threshold. We don’t bother with this as it is just more enjoyable for us to go to a bar or restaurant and order whatever we want....but you can do it if you want.

That panoramic suite is incredible. You will not miss the balcony unless you want wind in your face.

We were on Oasis for New Years and met Executive housekeeper Name of Leo I believe. Anyways we met him on an elevator.  He asked me if I would like to see that suite.

Leo gives me his phone number to call him at 9am on disembarkation day. We figure he is busy so we rethought it and decided not to call him. At 905 am he walked into the lounge we were having coffee at and says lets go why didn't we call. We were amazed!!

The views are the entire 3 walls of the suite.  You will love it, enjoy!

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Pastries from Starbucks

Alcohol above the drink threshold (although I have had the excess $$ waived from time-to-time)

Excursions

Spa treatments.  SC includes 1 days of thermal spa access only but does not include any spa treatments 

Chef’s Table will charge you $25 PP for wine.

Obviously, anything in a retail store.  A single excel here is you can get ice cream at the candy store but not the candy itself.

There’s actually very little that is extra $$.  You will get all of the water, beer and soft drinks (including energy drinks) you want brought to your suite but you must pay for bottles of wine or liquor.  You can get individual wine and liquor drinks brought to your suite at no cost unless they exceed the drinks package threshold. We don’t bother with this as it is just more enjoyable for us to go to a bar or restaurant and order whatever we want....but you can do it if you want.

Great info and about what I expected. Thanks!

How are the pours at Chefs Table? I've had very mixed results with quantity and quality of pairings. This could be an ideal date night if we can actually talk our daughter into the kids club this time.

One of my genie wishes will be to find another SC kid for ours to friend up with!

1 hour ago, Peachykeen said:

Speaking of prices, this post is makes me want to know: in general, which ships/ports have the most affordable star class? I know time of year matters and I assume older ships would be less, but anyone have a read on this? 

It varies big time.  Right now, prices are all over the place.  On my Oasis 08/23/2020 sailing, you wouldn't believe it if I told you that a Sky class cabin is even more expensive than star.

So I wonder is it a fairly common request to have the genie unpack for you? My wife may want to do hers herself but I'm going to have some things that need to be pressed and I am awful at putting away clothes.

Are there any other tours? Been on the bridge, looking forward to a gally tour and behind the scenes of the shows... what about engine room?

Any super secret things I should be asking for?

11 hours ago, bossdog421 said:

Are there any other tours? Been on the bridge, looking forward to a gally tour and behind the scenes of the shows... what about engine room?

It varies by ship but on OA, it's:

Bridge, Galley, Meet the Cast of Cats (right after their matinee show), no engine room (I think this is for all ships with Star.  I heard they got rid of it due to safety?).  Classes include Sushi, Cupcake, and Guacamole class.

11 hours ago, bossdog421 said:

So I wonder is it a fairly common request to have the genie unpack for you?

I would say that this is not impossible, but I have never heard of anyone actually requesting this...

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It varies by ship but on OA, it's:

Bridge, Galley, Meet the Cast of Cats (right after their matinee show), no engine room (I think this is for all ships with Star.  I heard they got rid of it due to safety?).  Classes include Sushi, Cupcake, and Guacamole class.

I would say that this is not impossible, but I have never heard of anyone actually requesting this...

Main reason I asked was i read an interview with a genie (Reyno) from years back and he mentioned it. Sounded much more like a butler experience though.

49 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Main reason I asked was i read an interview with a genie (Reyno) from years back and he mentioned it. Sounded much more like a butler experience though.

Yes, I know the interview...but again, I have not heard anything about people actually requesting that.  Personally for me, that would be sort of awkward lol.

There was a discussion on here a while back about asking a Genie to unpack.  The general consensus was that, while they MAY be willing to do that, it would almost certainly put the Genie in an uncomfortable position.  I know I would not be comfortable asking someone to go through my personal things and put them away.  How would I know where he/she put my "stuff" ?  I would spend the whole week looking my things.  Personally, I would never, never, ever ask a Genie to do this. 

The closest thing I've ever done to this was to ask my attendant to bring some [hanging] laundry up and put it into my closet upstairs.  It had been delivered and put into a closet down stairs. After that, the attendant always brought the clean laundry upstairs.  My guess is, some people do NOT want the attendant upstairs or inside their closets, so they (attendant) default to putting clean laundry in the downstairs closet.  After I asked him (in my case) to bring it up, it was always brought up, after that.  The unlimited laundry perk of Star Class is one of the most overlooked but most awesome things about Star Class.  Unlike Wash 'N' Fold, when you are SC, they bring everything (except underwear) back on hangers, nicely pressed and tidy.  There is no limit on how much/often you send your laundry out.  What a GREAT service.

One thing that is not on the normal "tour list" is a Central Park garden tour.  Ask your Genie (if you're interested) if he/she can get the ship's horticulturist to give you a personal tour of the garden.  It was fascinating when we did it a couple of years ago.  We were on Harmony and we were lucky enough to have Laszlo Turos, the horticulturist who has designed and overseen the installation of all of the Oasis class CP gardens, give us the tour.  He showed us all of the watering system, the maintenance shed, all of the tools they use and told us why certain plants are chosen for certain areas and lots of little tidbits of information.  He literally spent hours with us as it is very obvious that he loves his job.  My guess is he is on Symphony now but you never know !!

Sabrina is correct...they no longer (if they ever did) allow anyone inside the engine room.  I was disappointed when we took our All Access tour a few years ago as this was the one place I was really interested in seeing.  They did allow us to look through a viewing portal into the engine room, but we were not allowed physically inside. ...and speaking of the All Access Tour, I strongly recommend it for anyone.  It is a bit pricey (not free to SC, unfortunately) but it is worth it.  I don't think it is as inclusive as it used to be but i really enjoyed it and I use the chef's apron that they gave me as a gift, every single day.

One thing you might want to try (BTW, this would work for anyone with the UDP as well...not just SC) is just popping in to Wonderland for dessert (The World.  YUM !) even if you don't want to have a full meal there.  @Lovetocruise2002 gave me this idea.  It never occurred to me that I would want to eat dinner at one restaurant and dessert at another.  I am NOT a fan of the "other" food at Wonderland, but I always wanted to try The World so I asked the Genie to make a dessert-only reservation at Wonderland around 8PM and we just popped in to share a World and popped back out.  It was very decadent.

Great info thanks!  I'll probably skip asking for them to unpack for me.I will be taking advantage of the laundry service. I plan on bring a lot more cloths since I don't have to worry about flight luggage. I enjoy being in dress cloths for dinner even if its not formal night, wrinkle release just doesn't cut it for me.Tons of storage in this suite which will be great for how much I can image my wife will be brining as well.

I was excited to try wonderland but doesn't look it is on Oasis which I thought was odd.  I'm on Anthem next year so I'll set my chance.

15 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Great info thanks!  I'll probably skip asking for them to unpack for me.I will be taking advantage of the laundry service. I plan on bring a lot more cloths since I don't have to worry about flight luggage. I enjoy being in dress cloths for dinner even if its not formal night, wrinkle release just doesn't cut it for me.Tons of storage in this suite which will be great for how much I can image my wife will be brining as well.

I was excited to try wonderland but doesn't look it is on Oasis which I thought was odd.  I'm on Anthem next year so I'll set my chance.

Oops.  Sorry.  You're right.  No Wonderland on Oasis.

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Are these rooms only for 2 people? Just curious.

According to the deck plans, the UPS will accommodate 4 but there is only 1 BR so someone will be sleeping in the living room.

These are brand new suites, added to Oasis during amplification.  They are directly above the bridge wings.  They are supposed to be added to Allure (and presumably the other O class ships, eventually) but that amplification, as you know, have been delayed.  Hopefully they will be added as soon as possible.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

According to the deck plans, the UPS will accommodate 4 but there is only 1 BR so someone will be sleeping in the living room.

These are brand new suites, added to Oasis during amplification.  They are directly above the bridge wings.  They are supposed to be added to Allure (and presumably the other O class ships, eventually) but that amplification, as you know, have been delayed.  Hopefully they will be added as soon as possible.

Thank you very much. I tried to mock book one but as you know the Royal Caribbean website stinks. He won't allow me to and I just put in for 2 adults. I hate that website, they give you no explanation as to why you can't book a certain cabin. It just says choose another room. Thanks again, it's over my price range anyway but was just curious how much. That website really stinks for such a large corporation. 

5 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Thank you very much. I tried to mock book one but as you know the Royal Caribbean website stinks. He won't allow me to and I just put in for 2 adults. I hate that website, they give you no explanation as to why you can't book a certain cabin. It just says choose another room. Thanks again, it's over my price range anyway but was just curious how much. That website really stinks for such a large corporation. 

If you are given the category in the price listing but it tells you that the room can't be booked online it usually means that's the last one in the category available in inventory.  You can't price it out through Royal's site all the way through but a TA can and you can sometimes pull up the price through other travel conglomerate sites.