Deluxe drink package pricing

jcfoshe

1 minute ago, jcfoshe said:

I am new to Royal Caribbean and have a 7 day western Caribbean cruise Sept 21.  They just added the pricing for the drink packages in my planner for purchase, $71 a day.  What is a good per day price for this package.

It seems to depend on the ship, to some degree.  For the cruises I have booked, the new, big ships seem to be in the $65 PP/PD range and the older ships seem to be in the $59 PP/PD range.  $71 PP/PD is high.

Is that Sept 21, 2020, or is that Sept of 2021 and what ship? The price for Jan 2021 seems to be higher, but may come down as we get closer. Also you can watch for cruise planner sales. If you purchase the package and the price goes down, you can cancel and repurchase at the sale price.

7 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

Is that Sept 21, 2020, or is that Sept of 2021 and what ship? The price for Jan 2021 seems to be higher, but may come down as we get closer. Also you can watch for cruise planner sales. If you purchase the package and the price goes down, you can cancel and repurchase at the sale price.

These are mostly 2020 prices that I was quoting. 

33 minutes ago, jcfoshe said:

I am new to Royal Caribbean and have a 7 day western Caribbean cruise Sept 21.  They just added the pricing for the drink packages in my planner for purchase, $71 a day.  What is a good per day price for this package.

About a year ago, you could find the price in the $40s if you were lucky.   For my Mar sailing on the Oasis, pre-coronavirus, the best price I found was $55 and that's even including Black Friday prices.   $71 a day is high, but maybe that is the new norm, post-coronavirus, only time will tell.

2 hours ago, jcfoshe said:

Depends on how much you drink to break even. $71 a day is easy for some. But also know it includes unlimited beers, wine by the glass, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages, premium coffee, tea, fountain soda, fresh squeezed juices, sparking and bottled still water.

3 hours ago, melmar02 said:

this is for sept 2021

3 hours ago, melmar02 said:

liberty of the sea, sept 2021

This far out, I would just start keeping an eye on it. My January 2021 out of Galveston is at $72 right now, so I check once or twice a week to see if they have come down to something more normal. I would also expect cruise planner sales to start up again once the cancellations stop. Just as a reference, we paid $48 during the 2018 Black Friday sale for Sept 2019 on Liberty. We paid $55 during the 2019 Black Friday sale for Nov 2020 on Liberty. 

1 hour ago, CrznTxn said:

I am not sure why your DBP would show that high of price on Liberty. Our November cruise currently shows $51 and we have another for July that shows $55.image.thumb.png.e71f985a514cb72f65d4498cd04fcd6a.png

image.png

It just depends on the sailing.  I just checked my Nov sailing on the Harmony and it $65 for the Beverage Package.   And everything on this page is higher for me.   My UDP is at $179.00.