FCC and Costco Cash Card

I used to use them but when they moved away from OBC in lieu of the Costco Cash card I moved onto another Travel Agent that offers Loyalty OBC along with all the other perks found elsewhere. 

I am sure we still have some folks on this forum that could answer this question and when all fails give them a call.  That was one thing I did enjoy with Costco Travel, anyone could help you with your booking!

Good Luck!  Stay Safe

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2020 at 6:34 PM, Blah Blah Blah said:

Straightforward question for anyone who may have dealt with this already. My May 30th cruise, booked through Costco Travel was just cancelled.  If I take the FCC option, will I still receive the Costco cash card that is supposed to be sent 4 weeks after the cruise?

thanks!!

I apologize in advance for the rambling response to your question... and apparently 2 month delay!

We have a few cruises currently booked through Costco Travel and my wife and I could not be happier with the service (and the pricing on group rate cruises!). We had always booked directly with Royal, but based on numerous Costco Travel referrals from family, friends and coworkers, we decided to try a TA last year. Thankfully, we have one especially at this time!

One sailing was cancelled (Oasis, 5/31) so far and I've since applied our FCC and OBC to our 4/24/21 Symphony cruise (same "boat" as you are now!). We did a L&S on our 10/4/20 Oasis sailing to the 10/3/21 sailing and in both cases, Costco Travel confirmed (as you would expect) that the Costco Shop Card will still be awarded after the actual cruise sails and is completed (same as the Royal C&A points). One call each time and it was done immediately (don't understand the claims of 72 hours for a change with some TA's) while I was on the phone with Costco and Royal. Also, no change fees or fees of any kind (I hear some TA's charge fees). If there is a wait to speak with Royal, they call you back when they get the CS rep on the phone. No fuss, absolutely no stress on TA side, just the stress of waiting for FCC, OBC and fee refunds on Royal's side of course!

It should still appear on your revised invoice they send you under "Included Extras" along with any other promos that applied to that booking (eg. Buyer's Choice, Kirkland Signature, Dining/OBC, etc.). On top of the Shop Card, don't forget that you also get the rewards cash at the end of the year when they send the membership renewal invoice and rewards check... and cash back if you used their CC to book.

image.png.6c4a7533b14317a99bb39e064aaf64aa.png

image.png.8c3b5983c390413a2a8b55a10b7213a2.png

image.png.dcd2b38bf3f63c46f9815c1453496132.png

• 1 year later...