Resuming June 12, 2020 Saw this coming...

Neesa

2 hours ago, Ray said:

The more an area is built up or has a higher number of people present the higher the risk of contacting the virus This is why European Countries do not want to open up their doors to early or come out of lockdown without restrictions in place. 

I agree, population density has much to do with it.  What I was trying to say is that risk of dying after being infected or tested positive is rather high in Italy, Spain and UK --- close to 10%.  That is a crisis so I understand the lockdown.  I live in the middle of the United States where the corn grows so the risk of just being infected is relatively low.  It is fairly easy to maintain social distancing.  Even so, we are afraid of what could happen just by reading about what happens in the more densely populated regions ---including New York City region.  I don't think NYC plans to end the lockdown anytime soon either.

I just noticed you took the following cruise - Freedom of the Seas - Southern Caribbean - San Juan.  We have that scheduled for Jan 2021.  How was that cruise?  My most enjoyable cruise was a Mediterranean Cruise about 8 years ago. 

11 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

I just noticed you took the following cruise - Freedom of the Seas - Southern Caribbean - San Juan.  We have that scheduled for Jan 2021.  How was that cruise?  My most enjoyable cruise was a Mediterranean Cruise about 8 years ago. 

So far thats been my only cruise ? 

It was unbelievable ? 

I did a live semi sober blog on it at the time and it surpassed all my expectations ? 

Booked on FOTS for 30th of June 2020 to the ABC Islands ( God Willing ? ) The Uncertainty is driving me crazy lol It's ok RC saying ship will sail but i have so many pieces of the jigsaw that need to fit in place to make it happen and to save me losing roughly £3000!

While each Island may look the same ( It's an Island with green tree's and crystal clear water ) each one is different and amazing ? I am certain you will have a fantastic time 

On 4/16/2020 at 6:43 PM, Snotarni said:

I just picked 06/01/2020...  ?    It let me move forward.  So, I'm hoping it gets approved!!

On 4/16/2020 at 6:49 PM, Dan Curtis said:

Same problem, on the Independence on May 25th, keeps asking which voyager I’m on, I gave up.

Just an FYI... they removed the which "Voyager" sailing question... just completed the opt-in survey for the 125% OBC.

image.png.5a77835db8e12a9fb54f08cf3a81d218.png

@RBRSKI It seems like RCCI might be erring on the side of caution. While Disney and NCL is going best case scenario. RCCI might want to avoid setting themselves up for failure by booking more May itineraries and having to offer FCC or refunds. Disney and NCL want that money, they are like the thirsty people at Florida beaches today.

Patrick Plotting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I was feeling really good about having mapped out my cruise plans for the next 12 months to try and make up for the cruises I'm losing, but now...

I suffer from an anxiety disorder and a disorder that makes me obsess over every little detail to the point of sometimes making myself ill. I found a really good deal on the only 6-day itinerary offered on Oasis. Problem is, it sails on June 21. I really don't wanna go through the whole cycle with canceled cruises again, but this itinerary and price are perfect for me, and honestly, I'm kinda frozen right now, not knowing what to do.

I hate all of this. So, so much. I want my life -- and my leisure time -- back. ?

1 hour ago, Chadster said:

I was feeling really good about having mapped out my cruise plans for the next 12 months to try and make up for the cruises I'm losing, but now...

I suffer from an anxiety disorder and a disorder that makes me obsess over every little detail to the point of sometimes making myself ill. I found a really good deal on the only 6-day itinerary offered on Oasis. Problem is, it sails on June 21. I really don't wanna go through the whole cycle with canceled cruises again, but this itinerary and price are perfect for me, and honestly, I'm kinda frozen right now, not knowing what to do.

I hate all of this. So, so much. I want my life -- and my leisure time -- back. ?

I also have anxiety. major anxiety.. I honestly think you are making a mistake booking Oasis on June 21... My friends live in NYC. I honestly cant imagine NY and NJ allowing cruise ships to leave at all this year from their ports. I honestly only think Florida will be having ships leave this year.. Please know that I say this hoping and praying for cruises. I am dying for them to open and I hope I am wrong about NY and NJ but I really really think considering your anxiety its a mistake and I say this with kindness and respect please don't take it the wrong way. Are there any Florida cruises that would work for you? I honestly think its your best bet.. I am also taking a gamble and have a cruise booked for the end of July but mine leaves from Florida.. 

@Chadster Given that the border restrictions have been extended another 30 days...Also NYC and a few other states have extended Shelter in Place orders to May 29th,  I cannot see any cruises leaving before July, plus that June itinerary is under the 90 days. That means you would lock in your money, then be forced to wait as RCCI cancels. I am not saying cruising out of Florida and maybe Texas won't be back in June because it probably will be, as they are anxious to get back to the status quo. Just that in 60 days I expect we just, might be, finally opening up restaurants.

Thanks for the insights. As much as I hate to pass up an amazing fare like that, I can't help but think you both are right. I'm just going to focus on paying for the cruises I feel more confident about (the October group cruise and something for Christmas -- originally Grandeur, but now looking at other things, including Anthem, though there again, it brings the whole NY/NJ metro situation into play, so...)

This is all just so messed up -- I'm going stir crazy...in addition to my normal type of crazy. ?

Stiill gonna keep an eye on Oasis for June, because if it does go forward, maybe I can snag a cabin for an even sweeter last-minute price.

23 minutes ago, Boniface V said:

With all due respect.  It's mind boggling to me how anyone would book a cruise on any cruise line this year given the Pandemic.  People are dying and getting stranded on these ships for weeks in quarantine.  Most ports aren't accepting cruise ships.   Then if the cruise gets cancelled your out the money until the cruise company decides to refund it too you, if they refund it to you.

I love cruising, but for heaven sakes is it really worth it?  Wait till next year.

With all due respect Yes is is worth it to me. I feel if the cruise lines actually implement all of the plans they say they will implement then I do believe in July out of Florida it will be safe to sail. And to me it is worth the gamble. I LOVE cruises more than anything and I believe if cruise lines actually do all the health screening and require people to wear gloves and masks that its safe to go. If cruise lines aren't willing to make proper changes then No it won't be safe.. But the cruise lines know they cant screw it up again they are going to follow their own policies and procedures to the letter. As long as they do that I am going. I respect that you don't think its safe but I am willing to take the gamble. Some people agree with me and some people don't its all a matter of personal choice. 

If cruising isn't going to happen by July, I worry about the cash situation with these companies, and whether they are going to start thinking Chapter 11...bookings may be safe, but if you have stock...that's another issue. The Motley Fool article on the blog is red flag like.

29 minutes ago, Boniface V said:

People are dying and getting stranded on these ships for weeks in quarantine. 

That's a gross generalization, based largely on the Diamond Princess situation back in February.

You're also completely disregarding the vast and overwhelming amount of cases that eminated from airplanes, grocery stores, gas stations and pretty much every where else. Cruise ships account for a minute fraction of the cases.  They just garner a lot of attention because they are an easy target since people are there for many days.

COVID-19 came to the US by airplane, not cruise ship. In fact, pretty much every country (if not all) had their first cases as a result of people flying somewhere. So the blame and concern lay elsewhere.

32 minutes ago, Boniface V said:

Then if the cruise gets cancelled your out the money until the cruise company decides to refund it too you, if they refund it to you.

They are issuing refunds. It's a lot to process and they are getting done. Don't speculate on things that aren't happening, and spread falsehoods to others in the process.

3 hours ago, Boniface V said:

With all due respect.  It's mind boggling to me how anyone would book a cruise on any cruise line this year given the Pandemic.  People are dying and getting stranded on these ships for weeks in quarantine.  Most ports aren't accepting cruise ships.   Then if the cruise gets cancelled your out the money until the cruise company decides to refund it too you, if they refund it to you.

I love cruising, but for heaven sakes is it really worth it?  Wait till next year.

1 hour ago, Boniface V said:

Boniface V....I get your concern. This thing, unnecessarily imho, has cause a huge disruption in everybody lives...globally. Here's the numbers from just yesterday, please take note:

World Population: 7.8 Billion                                                           U.S Population:  331 Million

Total Global Infections: 2,373,850   .03%                                     Total U.S. Infections:  742,460    .23%

Global Deaths:  163,673   .002%                                                     U.S. Deaths:   39,651    .01%

The point I'm making....when society opens up, it will open under the stipulations that the numbers will be much more less than what you see above. Not to down play those that have perish because of this virus & families losing love ones...."But Those Numbers" does not justify shutting down the global economy, or to be more specific to this blog, the cruise industry. Even after things open, there will be some hiccups; and, I sure many + the media will say, "I told you so...open too soon". Yet again, the numbers will be far less when society, the world, opens It we may look back at if it was a bad chase of Global Chicken Pox, that a small segment of people caught, and made a big deal about it.  This is not the end of the world...…………………….I don't think. 

While I totally understand many companies are in an environment that they never saw coming, I think the other problem with refunds is the silence on Royal side or lack of direct updates.  They did give time-frames when the original refunds were supposed to be issued.  All of these dates have come and gone without an update directly to the consumer.

Other than the sheer amount of refunds they need to process, if their system or lack of personnel is holding up the refunds, let us know!   I know they can inform us on an individual basis because I got important information about my March 8th cruise after we got back home via email.

We're well aware of the current reality. After all, we are living in it, just the same as you. Those of us looking at cruises later this year in no way discount the current risk, but we also have faith in medical science and our fellow humans -- and yes, corporations like Royal Caribbean and platforms like cruise ships -- that there will be strides made in the coming months and believing that there will be advances to the point where we can resume our lives, including the leisure-filled portion.

We love cruises, but we will not take unnecessary or ill-advised risks. As I've said before, I have greater faith in a post-COVID cruise ship as a safe environment compared to an airplane or the airports to and from which they fly (the busiest of which sees approximately 243,000 people pass through it in any given day in normal times).

I choose to look forward with faith, trust, and hope...whether that's getting to cruise this year or getting my FCC or smaller refunds.

Until then, we wait and go about our lives the best we can, with as informed a view as we can have that may, yes, have a bit of hope mixed in. Naivety? No. Hope, yes.

I love Royal Caribbean and I won't cruise on anyone else (well maybe if it was free lol). 

It not an easy task to listen to people who talk bad or give their honest opinion about the company you love.  I honestly don't think anyone on this blog hates to cruise.  We are just so used to hearing positive things about Royal and people have voiced some of their opinions that happen to be negative.  It's not always sunshine and rainbows 

8 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

I hope this thread gets closed down soon. It's lost it's usefulness.

We can see if can be moved to a more appropriate "Topic" thread because we have tons on this blog in regards to FCC and Refunds.

Opinions should never be closed down, that's what this country needs more of and how to accept them.