Resuming June 12, 2020 Saw this coming...

Neesa

ONLY READ IF YOU WANT SOMETHING POSITIVE

I knew this was going to happen, just was patiently waiting for an announcement specific to the actual date. Okay, with this being the case I still have 5 sailings my closest one 28 June 2020. Not sure if that one is a go BUT Sharla Manglass with MEI-Travel secured me savings on all of my future sailings due to this April promotion, so if you have reservations time to re-price! If you don't have the benefit of an amazing TA like me call late into the evening when the wait times are shorter. Here is wishing you some amazing future savings, thanks again Sharla...always looking out for us! 

Sale GIF by memecandy

It looks like there isn't an option for the 125% cruise planner purchases this time around.  I was really hopeful because the credit and an existing obc were going to cover the DBP for 3 adults on my Jan 2021 trip. Maybe that detail was just left out of what RC has posted so far, and it will be listed in the emails to passengers that haven't been sent out yet. 

Good, finally official... sad we can't sail out of Cape Liberty on Oasis on 5/31, but we knew it was going to be cancelled eventually.  ?

Now the waiting game begins for us for the FCC for the cruise fare... by 5/22 they claim.

No more 125% FCC/OBC for cruise planner purchases... that stinks, especially since we're not likely to get the same deals through the CP for our 10/4/20 sailing.

Fingers-crossed we don't get bumped in OCT again!

FYI... it looks like we do have the option of 125% OBC for the Cruise Planner purchases... we were on the 5/31/20 Oasis sailing and I just logged into the CP...

*** You must Opt-in by 5/4/20 otherwise you will get the 100% refund automatically...

So, to recap... same as it was for the last set of cancellations (confusing):

• Cruise Fare
    • 125% FCC if you do nothing
    • 100% Refund only if you request it
  • Cruise Planner Purchases
    • 100% REFUND if you do nothing
    • 125% OBC if you OPT-IN by 5/4/20

image.thumb.png.70a07da12c3a9c9afc5590e6f293f3d3.png

After you click the link...

image.thumb.png.50890efeb462625ec9014a41c5397713.png

50 minutes ago, spursfreak21 said:

I’m booked on Enchantment to CocoCay on...wait for it...June 12th!  So happy! Hope it stands!!! 

I have a June 14th on Harmony, cross my fingers, since I'm still mourning my March Freedom cruise being cancelled

I have a feeling they will do one more round of cancelations and I think cruises will really resume July 14.. I have no proof of this just a feeling based on the CDC order. I honestly think they didn't extend it until that date because they cant afford to give 2 months worth of refunds. I also think cruises out of Florida will open First.. I cant see NJ, Alaska, or Europe opening this year. Again I have no factual proof of this its just a feeling. I do hope cruises open by July. I am dying to go and I have a cruise booked for the end of July so I do hope it happens. 

4 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

I have a feeling they will do one more round of cancelations and I think cruises will really resume July 14.. I have no proof of this just a feeling based on the CDC order. I honestly think they didn't extend it until that date because they cant afford to give 2 months worth of refunds. I also think cruises out of Florida will open First.. I cant see NJ, Alaska, or Europe opening this year. Again I have no factual proof of this its just a feeling. I do hope cruises open by July. I am dying to go and I have a cruise booked for the end of July so I do hope it happens. 

That is a well written opinion.  What do you think they will do with Oasis?  Leave it in South Florida for at least the months of May and June poss July then move it to Jersey!

49 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

It looks like there isn't an option for the 125% cruise planner purchases this time around.  I was really hopeful because the credit and an existing obc were going to cover the DBP for 3 adults on my Jan 2021 trip. Maybe that detail was just left out of what RC has posted so far, and it will be listed in the emails to passengers that haven't been sent out yet. 

There is a 125% OBC for cruise planner.. you have to request that by May 4th.

26 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

Pretty sure this is quite accurate. I know someone who was pretty high up with RC (hotel Director on Oasis class) that told me he felt Oasis class ships will come back first. Europe/exotic probably not happening. 

It’ll be interesting to see it unfold. I’ve got an October Symphony to replace my May cancelled one. Fingers crossed ? 

@TXcruzer Yes, that CDC order is always in the back of my mind. I think RCCL is voluntarily halting sailings at 30 day clips in the hopes that the order is lifted or modified. Maybe individual testing as well as sailing half full in addition to other mitigation can allow a sailing to go, if not then we wait. I refuse to be negative I think positivity is the only way to go here, it is tough. So I totally understand this strategy and fingers crossed everyone tethered to this industry gets their jobs back and paychecks for their families. I think of my TA Sharla and her family and pray for them and their livelihood. She is a constant reminder of why I will keep my bookings, because ultimately she matters to me. Be safe and stay healthy.?

Just got in under the wire with a June 14th cruise to the Caribbean. Am hoping we do get to go as it is our 45th wedding anniversary cruise. Did not reserve any excursions but did get a great deal on the dining package before the virus interrupted life. Still waiting for our refund for our March cruise but expect it soon.

Very strange...

Logged onto Cruise Planner to opt into 125% OBC for my cancelled May 24 Oasis sailing out of Liberty.

Questionnaire asked me for the vessel name, so entered as follows:

image.png.90c1d7548b55cb1bd63d33e2a192f95a.png

It then asked me for the sailing date - no issue thus far:

image.png.74ccffcccc103d0c5cc78432263646be.png

... however the next question asked me to select from the following:

image.png.93c4be5d4e7f6e769fc1ddceae9c5158.png

As it is a mandatory field I cannot progress any further - Aaaargh! ?

3 minutes ago, Ian T said:

Very strange...

Logged onto Cruise Planner to opt into 125% OBC for my cancelled May 24 Oasis sailing out of Liberty.

Questionnaire asked me for the vessel name, so entered as follows:

image.png.90c1d7548b55cb1bd63d33e2a192f95a.png

It then asked me for the sailing date - no issue thus far:

image.png.74ccffcccc103d0c5cc78432263646be.png

... however the next question asked me to select from the following:

image.png.93c4be5d4e7f6e769fc1ddceae9c5158.png

As it is a mandatory field I cannot progress any further - Aaaargh! ?

I was wondering the same thing... typical Royal screw up... what do we choose and do they just ignore the Voyager question... 

1 minute ago, JohnK6404 said:

I was wondering the same thing... typical Royal screw up... what do we choose and do they just ignore the Voyager question... 

Not sure... I'd try calling tomorrow but expect I will be a long time in the queue and there is no immediate rush to get it done.

Just now, Snotarni said:

I just picked 06/01/2020...  ?

Did you get some sort of confirmation by e-mail or something... It always makes me nervous with Royal as all of these surveys go into some black hole and you don't always get an e-mail confirmation of your selection.

Just now, JohnK6404 said:

Did you get some sort of confirmation by e-mail or something... It always makes me nervous with Royal as all of these surveys go into some black hole and you don't always get an e-mail confirmation of your selection.

Not yet... all I got was a Confirmation on the site... no email (yet)... basically... Thanks for the Request, if it's approved you'll get the 125%, if not, you'll get 100%... (something like that)

11 minutes ago, Snotarni said:

Not yet... all I got was a Confirmation on the site... no email (yet)... basically... Thanks for the Request, if it's approved you'll get the 125%, if not, you'll get 100%... (something like that)

Yeah, seems typical with these "opt-in" surveys. When we booked our Symphony cruise for next year, we booked a CP balcony room that came with the Dine, Drink, Discover package. When they eliminated that perk, we had to complete a survey to "opt-in" to keep the package vs. getting a $50 OBC. Of course no confirmation e-mail... had the TA call to confirm at a later date while making an adjustment. RC stated they see the choice in their system, but they cannot send an e-mail to confirm our choice. Strange... better not have any issue once onboard next year... I'll take either perk at this point.

37 minutes ago, Jill said:

Pretty sure this is quite accurate. I know someone who was pretty high up with RC (hotel Director on Oasis class) that told me he felt Oasis class ships will come back first. Europe/exotic probably not happening. 

It’ll be interesting to see it unfold. I’ve got an October Symphony to replace my May cancelled one. Fingers crossed ? 

Do you have any knowledge that the 3 night Navigator and 4 night Indy cruises to The Bahamas would also come back with Oasis Class Ships? I would think 3/4 nighters out of Florida would also start up in July but I have no clue what Royal will do lol. 

10 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

With Europe being weeks ahead of the US with this virus what is your reasoning behind them not opening ?  

Can't see Europe opening up anytime soon, we're still in the middle of the crisis, there's no chance anyone will give the green light to anything that has thousands of people all at the same venue at the same time, be it a cruise, a sports event.... Just wish Royal had bitten the bullet and delayed things until the autumn, rather than death by a thousand cuts.

4 hours ago, Morganno said:

With Europe being weeks ahead of the US with this virus what is your reasoning behind them not opening ?  

As I said in my above post my feelings are not factual based just personal gut feelings.. I feel that way because I think logistically I cant see them being able to open in Europe. Too many ports that cant open. Plus to deploy ships to Europe for like 1 or 2 months I cant see them wanting to do that. I could be totally wrong my feelings aren't factual but I see Carnival Canceling Europe and I just think Royal might too

3 hours ago, Mike.s said:

Can't see Europe opening up anytime soon, we're still in the middle of the crisis, there's no chance anyone will give the green light to anything that has thousands of people all at the same venue at the same time, be it a cruise, a sports event.... Just wish Royal had bitten the bullet and delayed things until the autumn, rather than death by a thousand cuts.

Europe is hard to understand because of the high death rate due to covid-19 in western Europe.  It seems like the death rate is what decides how countries respond as compared to the number of cases.  That was the main problem with the cruise industry.  People disembarking on stretchers and needing hospitalization was bad optics but death was the real problem in the media.  Norovirus on cruise ships gets hyped up once in awhile but unless someone dies the story doesn't last long.

Economic death is not so good either.  I have read that Spain wants to open up soon because the economy relies heavily on tourism.  The ports in Spain are very hard hit economically.  That factors into the equation too.  Makes me wonder if my trans-Atlantic cruise from Barcelona to Miami on November 1st will happen.  Economic pressure says it will.  However, the health of the locals in Spain and other countries in western Europe isn't looking too good at the moment.  I just hope Europe's health doesn't predict what will happen if the USA opens up too soon due to economic pressure.

4 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

Europe is hard to understand because of the high death rate due to covid-19 in western Europe.  It seems like the death rate is what decides how countries respond as compared to the number of cases. 

Hard to compare properly when it's not like for like, USA is far bigger than most European Countries in not only population but also size, thus meaning the population of the US is spread out more than in European Countries.

However if you take New York City which has a population larger than some European Countries their figures are not the best reading

UK POPULATION 2020 : 67,886,011 Death by Covid 19 = 14,576 as of 17/04/20

NYC POPULATION 2020 : 18,804,000 Death from Covid 19 = 11,477 as of 17/04/20

Now to me NYC is far worse than the whole of the UK due to the % 

SCOTLAND POPULATION 2020 : 5,500,000 Death By Covid 19 = 837 as of 17/04/20 

The more an area is built up or has a higher number of people present the higher the risk of contacting the virus

This is why European Countries do not want to open up their doors to early or come out of lockdown without restrictions in place.