Cancellations Extended?

So, I just read from a reliable news source that there may be more cancellations coming soon:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/04/15/expect-possible-decision-more-royal-caribbean-cruise-cancellations-week

Is this telling me to book any ol' room on a cruise I just know is about to be cancelled; just so I can take advantage of the 25% of the 125% FCC?

7 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

I would just ask that the speculation of RCCL filing bankruptcy or such topic thereof, just stop. It just creates more unecessary issues and even more misinformation.

Let’s look at the past 5-10 years. How many multi billion dollar companies have we seen file bankruptcy to re organize debt? Airlines, auto manufacturers, hotel chains, oil companies and on and on. The length of the list will stun you. 
it’s not creating more issues by mentioning the possibility, it’s a very valid piece of information one should take into consideration when choosing a FCC versus a refund. 

11 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Let’s look at the past 5-10 years. How many multi billion dollar companies have we seen file bankruptcy to re organize debt? Airlines, auto manufacturers, hotel chains, oil companies and on and on. The length of the list will stun you. 
it’s not creating more issues by mentioning the possibility, it’s a very valid piece of information one should take into consideration when choosing a FCC versus a refund. 

But why would you bring up such a topic knowing that there are individuals out there who are now having financial difficulty. This topic only will upset them even more if they are waiting for a refund. It's just common sense and having consideration for those who are going through financial difficulties especially when you do not have proof that RCCL is filing bankruptcy. Why bother even bringing up the topic unless you like feeding off of or like getting your thrills from others misfortunes.  Have a heart.

9 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

But why would you bring up such a topic knowing that there are individuals out there who are now having financial difficulty. This topic only will upset them even more if they are waiting for a refund. It's just common sense and having consideration for those who are going through financial difficulties especially when you do not have proof that RCCL is filing bankruptcy. Why bother even bringing up the topic unless you like feeding off of or like getting your thrills from others misfortunes.  Have a heart.

I was replying to a poster they was considering purchasing a cruise they know will be cancelled just for the extra 25% value in the FCC, I am of the belief this person is doing OK financially. Knowledge of all possibilities is a public service, sticking your head in the sand and pretending everything is rosy helps no one regardless of their current economic situation. You know nothing of me, or of my heart. Insinuating nefarious intent is uncalled for. 

4 hours ago, bobroo said:

Is this telling me to book any ol' room on a cruise I just know is about to be cancelled; just so I can take advantage of the 25% of the 125% FCC?

Personal, I'd only flip it to an existing sailing, not purchase something in the hopes for a future value that may or may not be worth a "25% credit" given cruise price fluctuations. Plus interest free loan, yuck! ?

4 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

The 125% FCC will be worthless after the bankruptcy filing 

This is a very valid point.

I'm not in the situation of having a cruise booked, but if I did I'd take the refund ahead of the 125% FCC in a heartbeat.  And I certainly wouldn't be booking and paying solely for the purpose of obtaining a 125% FCC when the future remains so uncertain.

1 hour ago, KWofPerth said:

This is a very valid point.

I'm not in the situation of having a cruise booked, but if I did I'd take the refund ahead of the 125% FCC in a heartbeat.  And I certainly wouldn't be booking and paying solely for the purpose of obtaining a 125% FCC when the future remains so uncertain.

Thank you for your input, some feel it is in poor taste to even bring up the subject

Cheers