Well, I thought I had decided on Maya Chan for Costa Maya as I've heard great things about this place from Matt and others on the boards.  However, I've also been reading a lot about the Lost Mayan Kingdom water and zipline park.  So my question is which would you choose if you had a 9 year old with you?

I'm leaning towards cancelling our Maya Chan reservation and trying Lost Mayan Kingdom since we will be skipping Atlantis given that the Allure is only in Nassau for half a day.  In addition, I also know there are a number of great all-inclusive options in Cozumel.  Am I wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Kris, I think that Lost Mayan Kingdom thing must be pretty new.  I have never heard of it until just a week or so ago.  It looks pretty cool !

I think you probably are right to make the change.  While I LOVE Maya Chan, it's just another all-inclusive beach day and would not have the array of interactive stuff that the Lost Mayan Kingdom thing looks to have.

...and you're right about Cozumel.  There are dozens of options for an all-inclusive beach day there !

I LOVE Costa Maya.  It is one of my very favorite ports.  I will be going there on the Freedom next month but unfortunately, Maya Chan was booked for the day that we will be there.  Will just have to settle for Mahahual (sp ???) with the $20 beach massages, the bucket of $1 Coronas and the freshly caught and grilled lobsters.  Tough life.

Well, I thought I had decided on Maya Chan for Costa Maya as I've heard great things about this place from Matt and others on the boards.  However, I've also been reading a lot about the Lost Mayan Kingdom water and zipline park.  So my question is which would you choose if you had a 9 year old with you?

We were there in early April; the park opened in November last year.  DO THE WATER PARK!!!!  Your kid will LOVE it, and you will probably as well!  Go here for details http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php/topic/1824-vision-of-the-seas-april-2-9-2016-the-cruise-that-made-me-fall-in-love-with-cruising-again/?p=17008

We were there in early April; the park opened in November last year.  DO THE WATER PARK!!!!  Your kid will LOVE it, and you will probably as well!  Go here for details http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php/topic/1824-vision-of-the-seas-april-2-9-2016-the-cruise-that-made-me-fall-in-love-with-cruising-again/?p=17008

Yep, it was your post that got me thinking about changing plans in Costa Maya.  Thanks a lot. ;)