Maybe's and Could Be's...... Would Love Opinions

The kids and I are scheduled to leave July 11th out of Ft. Lauderdale on Indy. With the CDC announcement everything has become a "could be" and "may be" situation which leaves us in limbo. My question is, in your opinions, will I be holding a frosty beverage on the balcony of my suite or will I be enjoying same frosty adult beverage with my toes in a kiddy pool in my front yard? At this point it's either cruise away or stay-cation because the money has been spent. I'm just frustrated with the lack of information flowing from RCL. Thanks for any opinions. 

Katie

If it a guess you want....I think it's a vacation on land. Late august earliest is maybe is my best guess. Feel like they will make damn sure not to go back too soon and risk taking steps back and having to stop again. And when they do sail again it will be limited sailings with limited guests I think. Until they know it's ok.

But I know nothing...just an assumption. 

10 minutes ago, TheJones said:

I think cruise lines will be back online by July, but not back to 100%. 

By the time they get ramped up they'll be shutting down for the 2020-21 flu season.

I have Alaska in July and Southern Caribbean in November and not counting on boarding either one. If we do, great! If not, I just spend more time in our mountain getaway.

I think you’ll be on land unfortunately. I asked a friend of mine who was Hotel Director on Oasis and he felt the Fall should be ok and that RC will probably bring Oasis class back first. Those 4 ships each had over $400 million in revenue last year. Makes sense to bring your big money makers back first. Generate some cash flow. 

7 hours ago, KWofPerth said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't see how cruising resumes before 2021, unfortunately. And even then, not until the latter end.

I think they will try, end up with a scare or outbreak and then that will set things back even more. That is why they need a comprehensive testing process in place before they start. If they can get to a point of mass instant testing, cruising can resume. If I was RC, that would be my number one goal right now. Working with some company to product such a test.

The other downside to cruising is I do not believe companies will relax the 2 week self isolation after returning from a cruise any time soon.. so your 7 day vacation is going to turn into using at least 15 days of PTO if you can't work from home. 

2 hours ago, Scrumps said:

I think they will try, end up with a scare or outbreak and then that will set things back even more. That is why they need a comprehensive testing process in place before they start. If they can get to a point of mass instant testing, cruising can resume. If I was RC, that would be my number one goal right now. Working with some company to product such a test.

Unfortunately i think this is going to be the holdup. It doesn't even have to be a person getting sick on a cruise ship, if there is a flare up anywhere while a cruise ship is at sea, some ass in the media is going to start screaming about "how irresponsible it is to let people on a cruise ship while the disease is still active" and get them all shut down again.

I'm hoping my September sailing goes but i think its 50/50 at best.