Carnival Announcement Today, 4-13-20

1 minute ago, DunkelBierJay said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Royal do something similar, but Carnival just announced cancellation of all sailings of North American itineraries through June 26.

image.png.5a2acbd80e478751417f2c2382e70fcc.png

The part about NY sailings is not surprising, considering what's going on there now. 

17 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Just saw this too on Twitter.  I'm sure RC will follow. So very sad, lost vacations, lost revenue for these cruise lines.  

The best thing everyone can do is just sit tight and once cruising opens up, we need to support them by booking and cruising as soon as possible. This is the way we all, AS ONE, can show our LOYALTY, LOVE and SUPPORT for the crew, for the cruise line and most importantly, for CRUISING!!!!

11 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Totally agree!  I have 8 cruises booked, just keeping watch on when they get cancelled.  It's so so sad.

+1 

I have 5 future sailings booked, most likely going to lose 28 June 2020  I title my email requests to Sharla (MEI) TA stimulus sailing please? 

I watched Love at Sea (just awful in my opinion) but I pushed through it just to gaze at the ship! I found "High Seas" series (2 seasons) on NetFlix, another story taking place on a cruise ship, (I have enjoyed this one, 16 episodes) and have showered with my coveted stash of DCL and RCCL shower gels I had accumulated, just to close my eye's and dream I am on this ship for those few moments....and I wasn't even a fan of the fragrance of the L'Occitane but now I will miss it! 

During this sad time, what do you do to keep your spirits up? Are there any other movies etc taking place on a cruise ship you can recommend? 

Everyone be safe and stay healthy!

1 hour ago, danv3 said:

I have one on July 3 I'd honestly rather have them cancel before I have to decide about final payment.  Based on Carnival's action, I'm guessing Royal will also cancel only until late June for now.  

it's not the cruise that i am worried about its the airlines and hotels  ? Right now their dates for changes are only up to end of May. My cruise is end of June so if RC cancel cruise i need airlines to extend their dates also, if they dont then i would be expected to fly ? 

Rest of the year cancelled from NYC?..seems a little drastic...the governor today just spoke about looking at steps to soon start opening things up slowly...while no dates were given..cancelling cruises for Nov/Dec seem a little far out to predict?!

I suppose of the seasonal only run till Sept it would make sense...Royal runs year round out of NJ....I dont think they would cancel 8 mths out yet?!

17 minutes ago, YOLO said:

I don't see a previous post on this thread.  Did I miss something?

I couldn't delete my previous post where I said something about Love at Sea for a cruise movie then realized that someone had already mentioned it. So I said what I said. I probably should have said, ignore this post.

2 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I suppose of the seasonal only run till Sept it would make sense...Royal runs year round out of NJ....I dont think they would cancel 8 mths out yet?!

My understanding is that Carnival literally operates just that one ship out of NJ, and it's a seasonal one as noted in the announcement. Makes sense for them to just pull out of here now and find someplace else for her to go sail once things get more cruise-friendly again.

RCL has I think 5 ships scheduled out of NJ this summer and fall -- Empress, Oasis, Adventure (double-check me on that one), and Anthem (starting in the fall / winter); plus Summit from Celebrity during the spring and summer months. So while they may not cancel all sailings from NJ, it's not outside of reason to think they might pull out the summer seasonal ships that aren't likely to have any chance to sail before this virus decides to Go The Frick AWAY, already.

It is definitely looking less and less good for Summit in August, as that ship basically has nothing more than her repositioning sailing left with the 100-day CDC restriction in place. After that start-of-August sailing to Dublin, she's supposed to sail back across the pond for the fall foliage season in Boston. That return trip might still happen, or they might decide to just pull Summit entirely like Carnival did. ? 

3 hours ago, Ray said:

it's not the cruise that i am worried about its the airlines and hotels  ? Right now their dates for changes are only up to end of May. My cruise is end of June so if RC cancel cruise i need airlines to extend their dates also, if they dont then i would be expected to fly ? 

I got lucky on airfare.  Jet Blue rescheduled my flights by 8+ hours, allowing me to cancel without penalty.  ?