refund for cancelled cruise

Mljstr

I haven't been on this blog for several weeks for obvious reasons-no cruise in sight! Without having to troll through hundreds of posts, my April 12 cruise was cancelled and I applied for a refund. My understanding is that the refund will show up 30 days after my cancellation date. I would appreciate hearing from people who receive their refunds before me. Isn't today the day, the first round of cancellation refunds are due to be sent? TIA

22 minutes ago, Mljstr said:

I haven't been on this blog for several weeks for obvious reasons-no cruise in sight! Without having to troll through hundreds of posts, my April 12 cruise was cancelled and I applied for a refund. My understanding is that the refund will show up 30 days after my cancellation date. I would appreciate hearing from people who receive their refunds before me. Isn't today the day, the first round of cancellation refunds are due to be sent? TIA

Unfortunately its not 30 days from when you cancel. Its 30 days from when their computer system cancels you. My March 21 cruise got canceled and I have called a few times and they told me the computer didn't officially cancel me until March 20 so I have until April 20 to get it.. Yours might not have been "canceled" in the system until this past Friday. I really don't know but its 30 days from whenever it got "canceled" in their system.. My May 7th cruise got canceled on March 24 but still shows active in the system. Its very frustrating but that's the way it is. I suggest you call Royal and ask what date you got canceled in their system so you know when your 30 days starts. 

3 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

Unfortunately its not 30 days from when you cancel. Its 30 days from when their computer system cancels you. My March 21 cruise got canceled and I have called a few times and they told me the computer didn't officially cancel me until March 20 so I have until April 20 to get it.. Yours might not have been "canceled" in the system until this past Friday. I really don't know but its 30 days from whenever it got "canceled" in their system.. My May 7th cruise got canceled on March 24 but still shows active in the system. Its very frustrating but that's the way it is. I suggest you call Royal and ask what date you got canceled in their system so you know when your 30 days starts. 

Can't you just look at your reservation on their website and if it's still there it's not canceled.

1 hour ago, Flacruiser99 said:

Can't you just look at your reservation on their website and if it's still there it's not canceled.

you would think so lol but for my symphony cruise in march even though it said canceled I still could see it in my cruise planner so I am not sure I would trust that. Its better to call so they can actually look it up in the computer system and give a specific date that it got processed. 

3 hours ago, Mljstr said:

April 14th is the date they gave for the first round of cancels... .so I would give it another day or two.  It is an amazing amount of reservations that they are manually working thru as no system was ever created to handle all of this.

Its very frustrating.. I was going to Vegas and spirit canceled my flight obviously lol They refunded me within 3 days of requesting it. So if an airline can do it why can't Royal? Honestly a lot of my refunds are taxes and fees.. I have almost $1500 in taxes and fees from various cruises and I would be happy if Royal would just move the money over to other cruises I want to book but they won't. That bothers me the most.. They owe me that amount of money AND expect me to give them more money to rebook.. 

I cancelled my 12 March Cruise on 10 March.  I haven't received anything yet, BUT, I was told that the 30 days doesn't start until you're "Processed" in the system.   I was told I was processed on 3/21... so, I'm waiting out my FCC and CP refunds until next week.  ?

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I'm part of the first round of cancellations and so far not a thing has come back yet.  No excursion money, no taxes and fees, and no FCC.

Me too.

I am now over 30 days from when their system cancelled my reservation per their representative I spoke to. 

I will call on Wednesday and see where my refund and FCC is. 

6 minutes ago, KyleW2 said:

Me too.

I am now over 30 days from when their system cancelled my reservation per their representative I spoke to. 

I will call on Wednesday and see where my refund and FCC is. 

I will give them until April 14th, like @AnnetteJackson said.  Otherwise, I will start calling by Thursday or Friday.

My March 14th cruise was cancelled and I received the FCC today via email.  We have not received a refund on the credit card for the taxes paid on the cruise or the internet/drink packages we purchased through cruise planner.  Should I be concerned about that or is everyone in the same boat just waiting for those to be refunded?

18 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No, Oasis March 15th out of Miami.  @WannaCruise was supposed to be on Anthem on 03/15.  She got hers back a while ago.

Correct. Had Anthem cruise booked for Mar 15.  We cancelled on Tues Mar 10 (so only option of FCC).  Royal cancelled on Fri Mar 13.  

Excursions/drink packages were refunded almost right away.  We got the FCC email on Mar 27.

However, I don't believe we've received the credit yet for taxes/fees and gratuities. (We put everything on DH's card for insurance , so need to check with him again...but a couple days ago we still hadn't received).

I'm trying my best to be patient, but it's just frustrating to have cash refunds for price adjustments and the refund of deposits for cruises booked for next year that you cancelled all sorta lost in the ether and bureaucracy. Granted, I originally planned for that money to be not in my account, but I also didn't expect...well...this worldwide situation, either. I worry that Royal will be so focused on FCCs (which I get are important), that the smaller refunds will be lost in the void for months on end. Add to that my frustration that I didn't put direct deposit info on my tax return this year because I neither owed nor am getting a refund, so I'm anxiously waiting for the IRS to launch their tool this week so I can update that info and get my stimulus check.

And sadly, because I don't have an FCC coming back, but instead am just waiting for deposits and price-adjustment credits, I can't do a hold until May 31 on an October cruise, and that hold's gonna expire in a couple of days and I'll lose the opportunity at an awesome cabin. ? I got an FCC for a cruise I cancelled when they rolled out Cruise With Confidence, but I guess that won't count for extended hold purposes since it's already been issued.

I love cruising, but I think cruising hates ME right now. ?

P.S. Sorry for the rambling rant...I'm exhausted from work and school and can barely keep track of what day it is, and was just SO looking forward to a break on the seas.

7 minutes ago, Chadster said:

I'm trying my best to be patient, but it's just frustrating to have cash refunds for price adjustments and the refund of deposits for cruises booked for next year that you cancelled all sorta lost in the ether and bureaucracy. Granted, I originally planned for that money to be not in my account, but I also didn't expect...well...this worldwide situation, either. I worry that Royal will be so focused on FCCs (which I get are important), that the smaller refunds will be lost in the void for months on end. Add to that my frustration that I didn't put direct deposit info on my tax return this year because I neither owed nor am getting a refund, so I'm anxiously waiting for the IRS to launch their tool this week so I can update that info and get my stimulus check.

And sadly, because I don't have an FCC coming back, but instead am just waiting for deposits and price-adjustment credits, I can't do a hold until May 31 on an October cruise, and that hold's gonna expire in a couple of days and I'll lose the opportunity at an awesome cabin. ? I got an FCC for a cruise I cancelled when they rolled out Cruise With Confidence, but I guess that won't count for extended hold purposes since it's already been issued.

I love cruising, but I think cruising hates ME right now. ?

P.S. Sorry for the rambling rant...I'm exhausted from work and school and can barely keep track of what day it is, and was just SO looking forward to a break on the seas.

You can still hold a cruise with a travel planner with a deposit or payment date of May 31st as long as the final payment date is not prior to May 31st.  

1 hour ago, AnnetteJackson said:

You can still hold a cruise with a travel planner with a deposit or payment date of May 31st as long as the final payment date is not prior to May 31st.  

Thanks, Annette; I'll touch base with Sharla again -- maybe I didn't communicate my request clearly in my email; days and words are all blending together lately!

Edited to add: She said it was supposed to hold automatically until 5/31, but it didn't for whatever reason, so she'll call and take care of it for me.

Once more, lemme say, travel agents rock -- especially the MEI crew! ?

4 hours ago, Ogilthorpe said:

An indication that they may be catching up on things: I received my cruise planner cancellation email for 3/15 Oasis overnight. 

I got that email a month ago for my 3/16 Enchantment cruise and still have not received any refunds. 

4 minutes ago, KyleW2 said:

I got that email a month ago for my 3/16 Enchantment cruise and still have not received any refunds. 

The email I received was specific to the cruise planner items, and was in addition to the global cancellation email and the FCC notification. It itemized each purchase as well as the exact amounts and where they were going. e.g. OBC, Visa, etc.  

Just now, Ogilthorpe said:

The email I received was specific to the cruise planner items, and was in addition to the global cancellation email and the FCC notification. It itemized each purchase as well as the exact amounts and where they were going. e.g. OBC, Visa, etc.  

Yes. I received the itemized email for the cruise planner purchases stating my refund had been processed. Still no refund back to my credit card. The email came in March14th.

On 4/14/2020 at 11:19 AM, AnnetteJackson said:

Unfortunately, RCCL refused to hold until May 31 since I don't have an FCC coming, but Sharla did manage to get me a couple extra days.