Fellow Canadians - border concerns to get to cruises

Do any fellow Canadian cruisers have concerns that the cruise companies will resume sailings long before the PM will open the borders back up for leisure travel?  Whether it is on the Canadian side of the border or the American side for that matter do you think border restrictions will be a larger hurdle itself compared to the cruising companies actually sailing again?

Remember not to make this an overly political debate if you weigh in.    

https://nationalpost.com/news/the-new-normal-prepare-for-smaller-covid-19-outbreaks-for-months-to-come-trudeau-says

Reading the article it appears that both of our countries are singing from the same song book.  We will most likely begin opening the economy/country in phases that very by state in the next month if the outbreak shows a definite "flattening of the curve".  I would be surprised if we start cruising before July, and it will most likely be a soft opening with a few ships sailing.  

There has been talk lately of having a test to see if those who had he virus develop anti bodies to it.  I'm hoping that the vaccine will be available later this year, there will be a big push to fast track it.

Defn a concern I have for my cruise in November. Although I see things perhaps opening up late summer, but if the cases increase or another outbreak hits, then its all shut down again for months.

Here in NB, we have been lucky wih the Covid numbers....hardly a blip on the screen..yet we have been shut down for 6 weeks and no indication the end is in sight...….

It's a concern for us for sure ( here in quebec canada). We have a lot of cases here but hoping things start to start slowly running again in about a month if we keep up our social distancing. 

Another fear for me is possible mandatory 14 day quarantines for anyone travelling. Worried they make us do it in the future. It's not so easy turning a 1 week vacation into 3.

I think cruise travel will remain as a Level 3 advisory for Canadians even if the cruise ships start sailing in the summer and fall.  It is just a lot of effort and resources to repatriate back to Canada once there's another outbreak onboard.

I live in a border city.  Our people and economies are connected.  A trip across the border just for some Mexican food is the norm.  Our local economy will start whenever Detroit is ready to start.  We are really in this together.  

On 4/14/2020 at 3:54 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Mexican town of course. ?

LOL, I only know this because I’m a (Canadian) Tigers fan and have made quite a few visits to attend games in the past: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g42139-d146680-Reviews-Mexicantown-Detroit_Michigan.html

(Judging from their user name, @Rose City Cruiser is from Windsor whose train and bus stations I know pretty well.)

Back on topic though, I don’t see the border opening anytime soon and I’m fine with that. As much as I love cruising, I don’t want to risk my health and my family’s health for non-essential travel. I’m a big baseball fan, and I’m also okay with the season being cancelled until next season. 

I’m totally in the minority on this of course, but my family is taking a serious stance against Covid-19. I’m worried about my sister who is a nurse.