Cruise planner %125 credit.

5 hours ago, AlexWinters said:

Does it show up in planner or only when you’re onboard? The extra 25% would definitely not be as valuable if you can’t take advantage of pre-cruise deals. 

The 125% of what you had paid in your cruise planner had to be requested or it was a refund back to your card you purchased on.  BUT if you elected for this, the 125% amount will be loaded to your upcoming cruise to be used as OBC to your Cruise Planner.  It is a use it or lose it OBC so make sure you can spend all that on board if you elect to use this

1 minute ago, Leroyr55 said:

I did request it figuring prices would be going up. It has not shown up yet in my cruise planner. I may call soon to see when I can expect it so I can start booking some things. 

Because this was offered with the second round of cancellations, it could be those get applied later this week and maybe into next week.  They extended the sign up for this to April 10th.  With this being a holiday weekend and I know they are behind and have all hands on deck trying to get caught up on the FCCs for the first round of cancellations that are to be done by April 14th..... I would say give it a week.

15 hours ago, AnnetteJackson said:

The 125% of what you had paid in your cruise planner had to be requested or it was a refund back to your card you purchased on.  BUT if you elected for this, the 125% amount will be loaded to your upcoming cruise to be used as OBC to your Cruise Planner.  It is a use it or lose it OBC so make sure you can spend all that on board if you elect to use this

We have 2 cruises booked.  If we don't use all of our 125% cruise planner credit on our first cruise are we able to transfer the remaining credit to our other cruise?   Thanks for your help. 

15 hours ago, Vacation Crazy said:

We have 2 cruises booked.  If we don't use all of our 125% cruise planner credit on our first cruise are we able to transfer the remaining credit to our other cruise?   Thanks for your help. 

You must use all the OBC on one cruise that you pick to use it on.

14 hours ago, mworkman said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, if you have several cruises booked, don't you get to select which one that you would like it applied to?

You will let them know them know which cruise you want to use it on.  But make sure it is a cruise that you will use all the OBC on - its use it or lose it.

4 hours ago, AnnetteJackson said:

You will let them know them know which cruise you want to use it on.  But make sure it is a cruise that you will use all the OBC on - its use it or lose it.

Sorry to pile on to the question line, but it looks like you're on a roll!  ? If you take your Cruise Planner purchases as an FCC, how soon does it become available to you?  Can you use it to pre-book items in the Cruise Planner for the future cruise you apply it to, or can you only use it for on board purchases? 

2 hours ago, USCG Teacher said:

Sorry to pile on to the question line, but it looks like you're on a roll!  ? If you take your Cruise Planner purchases as an FCC, how soon does it become available to you?  Can you use it to pre-book items in the Cruise Planner for the future cruise you apply it to, or can you only use it for on board purchases? 

The cut off for deciding you wanted that was April 10th.  They have not said at this time when it would be ready to apply to the next cruise.  Sorry - I have asked this several times a week since they started doing this and no firm answer yet.

I will be interesting to see how Royal ends up distributing these.

I filled out the form for the 125% OBC credit.  I've heard and seen responses from Royal all over the place about how they're going to issue these.

In my case, we actually ended up going the refund route for the cruise itself.  Makes me wonder I will still get the 125% OBC since we did the refund.  Someone else was paying for the cruise itself while I was paying for the cruise planner purchases.  I have plenty of cruises coming up and consider the money already spent, so had no issues with trying for the 125% OBC in the name of research.

They actually have processed the cruise through as a cancellation (disappeared from my upcoming cruises list and triggered the cancellation email for cruise planner purchases).  So either in 30 days I will see the CP purchases refunded to my credit card or maybe I'll get the OBC certificate/notification.  

3 hours ago, ChrisHaff said:

Can I request the 125% onboard credit if I don't have a new cruise planned yet? I'm definitely booking another cruise but want to wait until I get my FCC. My cancelled cruise was May 31st.

From what I understand yes..you apply for the 125% OBC and they should email you whatever is needed to be able to apply it to the cruise you want to use it on.

They haven't processed any of these as far as I know yet, so there aren't any reports on how it shows up or is applied..so that remains to be seen.

38 minutes ago, Dan Curtis said:

can we rebook now for July or August or do we have to wait until we get something showing we ask for fcc?

Absolutely you can rebook now.  Just be aware that you will need to put down a deposit when you book.  They have also implemented the ability to place long term holds on cruises, which was never possible before if you do not want to put down a deposit right now. Then you would just apply the FCC to the booking once it is processed.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Absolutely you can rebook now.  Just be aware that you will need to put down a deposit when you book.  They have also implemented the ability to place long term holds on cruises, which was never possible before if you do not want to put down a deposit right now. Then you would just apply the FCC to the booking once it is processed.

Thank you very much.

• 1 month later...

I filed for the 125% OBC the end of March.  Royal Caribbean says they never got it.  I clicked on the link provided and filled out the form and emailed it back.  Stupid me didn't save a copy.  I have asked to talk to a supervisor and have been put on hold for an hour now.  We booked another cruise for next June.  I'm wondering if I should cancel with Royal and book thru another cruise lines.  Very disappointed.

We asked for the 125% on 3 of our cruises and it has been almost two weeks and no email so we can apply it to a future cruise.  Someone had said they didn't get an email but after a week they called and was able to apply it.  I tried and it did not work.  I did not save a copy of the online form I filled out for the canceled items.  We have 5 or 6 cruises booked and I want to apply it to the ones I know we will spend it on.  It totals over 2k so I wish they would hurry up because I have some excursions I want to book but don't want to spend more money.

We have received our FCC and taxes/fees refund for our cancelled May sailing but are also awaiting the 125% OBC. I called RCCL on Friday and was advised that it has not yet been processed but they are hoping to do so in the next couple of weeks, although I can't say with any confidence whether this was based on reliable info or simply optimism on the part of the agent in question ?