Covid 19 Memes

Pima1988

3 hours ago, ellcee said:

At this point I only know I'm 45+ days. I've lost count on how long I've been home.

Amateurs. I'm on day 188 of working from home every day. Even before this Covid-19 crap, I was barely able to get out of the house thanks to that foot wound I was dealing with. The only difference is that now I have all of my family here with me, so instead of being free to roam the house while I worked I'm stuck in the basement full-time.

You know it's getting to everyone when the wife, who never drinks, asks you pick up a bottle of Baileys so she can have an after-dinner cocktail with you. And we went through it in... umm... three nights?

EDIT -- I credit being able to get through over six months of being mostly stuck at home on the fact that I was one of those 70s "latch key kids". Mom got divorced when I was two, and starting in I think 3rd grade or maybe 4th (so 8 or 9 years old), I literally wore a key on a leather strap around my neck that I used to let myself into the house right after school let out. Call mom at work to her know I was back safe, then on my own until she got home around 8:00 or 8:30, depending on traffic. Would make myself a snack from whatever we had at home, do homework, read, whatever. Not allowed to leave the house or have any neighbor's kids over, at least in the beginning. Was that way until she remarried when I was 10, we moved to a new house, and she was able to stay home.

On the plus side, she worked for Walter Cronkite at CBS as a staff writer. He was a seriously cool guy, I got to meet him when I was 5 or 6 and she had to bring me to work. He showed me his office and just took a few minutes to talk to me. She was also working friends with Morton Dean, Dan Rather, and a few of the other big CBS news guys from that era and the 80s.

Just now, JLMoran said:

Amateurs.

Actually, the only reason I was taking an on-campus class this semester is because I wanted a break from the house for a bit. Most of my work's online. Everybody's been like "oh, this must be pretty easy for you, huh?" Yeah, no...it's definitely getting to me -- and yet, I've somehow managed not to imbibe since New Year's Eve. If I can keep the streak going, I'm planning on breaking it on Brilliance in October during the group cruise. I mean, RCCL clearly wants me to drink -- the DBP's only $41 a night on that trip!

Nightlife News: Takeout Cocktails To Go All The Rage During COVID ...

10 minutes ago, Chadster said:

I've somehow managed not to imbibe since New Year's Eve.

That's seriously awesome. I still drink, but most nights I still just have my usual 1-2 glasses of beer or wine a night on most nights, just like I would before the pandemic hit. The Bailey's just took the place of one of those beers or glasses of wine each night.

I had gallbladder surgery late last year and had a tough time bouncing back, and was worried I was going to overdo it, so It started out as "Oh, I'll just do it for January and see how it goes," and then "I'll see how it goes for February". And then... wham.

I figured for the $41 price tag on the October cruise, I can stick mostly with my normal inhalation of Coke Zero and coffee, but add a beer or even mix a Jack or two with said Coke Zero and get my money's worth each day.

Plus, I think we need more research...

Too funny!? in 2020 | Whiskey distillery, Spray, Jack daniels