Honoring Cruise Previous Pricing

Does anybody know whether RCI will honor previous offers when they cancel a booking? For instance I was able to take advantage of Black Friday pricing for my May 2020 Cruise, if this gets cancelled and I book a future cruise for October 2020 would I be stuck with whatever prices were on the cruise planner for the future cruise? Or offers made at booking, like reduced deposit and OBC? I plan on asking RCI to offer me the same perks, but just wondered if anybody had any experience. I realize a lot of this would be depend on whether you booked through a TA or with RCI directly. I booked through RCI originally because I was able to twist their arm and get a really good deal for myself. 

I'm booked for May 15th on Anthem out of Southampton, and basically waiting for the announcement it has been cancelled. Such a shame I was really looking forward to my cruise (like we all were) and as I said got a fantastic deal on booking and through the cruise planner on Black Friday. I hate to see all that pre-planning go to waste:(

I had called royal about a month ago and I had cancelled my April 26th Cruise on Harmony sailing out of Port Canaveral. I had booked a boardwalk balcony, $275 obc & the eat,drink,discover perks before they were cancelled and then when Royal emailed me saying that they would discontinue the program so I called the same day and got an additional $50 obc making the total of obc $325 & then the next day I received another email from royal saying that I could keep the eat,drink,discover perks if I wanted the perks so I decided to keep the perks that came with the Boardwalk balcony.

After I had cancelled my Harmony cruise that was on April 26th, I had immediately booked another cruise on Allure out of Port Canaveral for next May and I asked the representative that I booked the cruise with over the phone if I could have the same eat,drink,discover perks that was included with the boardwalk balcony room and I was told that the eat,drink,discover perks could not be added onto the reservation because they have stopped running that promotion back in September 2019.

About a few weeks after I had called and cancelled my cruise i received the email of my FCC that I had requested when I called to cancel my Harmony cruise

You will be stuck paying whatever the current price is for the new cruise that you book because royal will not honor past promotions for booking a new cruise or when purchasing items online thru the cruise planner. 

When I booked my cancelled Harmony cruise the price was about $2005 for 2 people & when I booked Allure for next may the price came to $2,198-$500=$1,698.23 for 2 people which means that I will be able to use the entire amount of the FCC (since both of the people who had an FCC issued in their name is booked on the same cruise for Allure next May) and I hope that I will get a refund for the remaining amount of the FCC or that it can be applied toward obc

Thank you - I figured as much. Wasn't sure if they would be willing to retain my custom or would rather give me a full refund. In this case it would be most definitely better for myself to get a refund and book a new cruise (with RCI or someone else possibly) vs. the 125% FCC. This is all dependent on RCI cancelling my cruise, as I will be sailing if the cruise goes ahead :)

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This rule is pretty much consistent with North American pricing rules.  Seeing that you are from the UK, it could be different but I doubt it.

Thank you, Yes things can get weird in the UK with pricing for sure, but I agree that most likely I will not be given any consideration to book again, and will be better off getting a refund.

12 minutes ago, wstephensi said:

Is not the 125% FCC aimed at countering price difference when you rebook?

Thank you. Yes, unfortunately the extra 25% does not make up what  I gained in incentives on my previous booking. Definitely doesn't make up for the savings (Black Friday) on a drink package or pay for the difference in price on the drink package on the new cruise. It would be different if they allowed your FCC to be used as non refundable OBC (never gonna happen). Such is life, it is what it is, not ruining my cruise buzz at all. I just need to decide refund or FCC :)

Booked 7 night cruise from Barcelona 31 May 20, waiting for it to be cancelled.

Looked at re-booking same sailing, same dates 2021, pricing is %162 for the same Guarantee Ocean View Balcony cabins, original cruise price was €7500 new price €12200. Even with %125 cruise credit I will be €3K out of pocket. In addition to this the cruise credit is assigned to each individual person on the booking, not the person who booked and paid for the holiday, 

Think I'll be pushing for full refund and spend it somewhere else