CDC Updated No Cruise order

18 hours ago, livin-the-life said:

rccl will probably put out a detail statement this weekend, tomorrow starts the 30 day window to restart sailing, i think they will extend 30 more days wiping out rest of may and part  of june..  2 more of my cruises down the drain... will be interesting what they do with 90000 crew industry wide, they cant keep them on the ships forever...

Many Hundreds on Royal near end of Contract have already left ships. Also many more Contract Employees left in last few weeks

23 hours ago, DunkelBierJay said:

Judging by the effect on stock prices today, Wall Street doesn't seem concerned...RCL is priced about as high as it has been since all this started...my take is to remain calm and hopeful people will stop taking the CDC so seriously given how much their modeling has been off.

The stock market is just ridiculous at the moment. It is now only 13% down and yet the economy is shutdown, many companies have zero sales, thousands will go out of business, we will hit over 20 million unemployed by the end of the month, there is going to be credit and mortgage issues to come, companies will be posting quarterly results showing <20% of forecasts.. No one really understand what the market is going to do, but we all do know the economy is in the shitter right now.

If you have cash on hand and are patient, there is money to be made in the stock market at least. If you brought RCL under $30, I would sell as soon as possible. That stock will be going down again, as will the market.

I've been seeing lots of argument on Facebook about when the 100 days starts.  Some people are adamant that it starts from the original March 14th date.  Others, including myself, read it as starting from the date of publication of the new order which is scheduled for April 15th. 

Do I read it wrong?

Mike

38 minutes ago, MicroBeta said:

I've been seeing lots of argument on Facebook about when the 100 days starts.  Some people are adamant that it starts from the original March 14th date.  Others, including myself, read it as starting from the date of publication of the new order which is scheduled for April 15th. 

Do I read it wrong?

Mike

That's how I've been reading it. The text says 100 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register, and per the Federal Register's website, the order is scheduled to be published on 4/15, so that's when the 100 days would start.

1 hour ago, MicroBeta said:

Do I read it wrong?

Mike

You're correct, though it's largely an academic debate.  CDC can easily shorten the 100 days or lengthen the 100 days.  

No one should be assuming that a cruise scheduled to depart on April 15 + 101 days will proceed.  

7 minutes ago, danv3 said:

You're correct, though it's largely an academic debate.  CDC can easily shorten the 100 days or lengthen the 100 days.  

No one should be assuming that a cruise scheduled to depart on April 15 + 101 days will proceed.  

I doubt it will last 100 days.  I kinda think that the max they expect so rather than update the order they said 100 unless rescinded sooner.

Mike 

On 4/12/2020 at 10:58 AM, MicroBeta said:

I doubt it will last 100 days.  I kinda think that the max they expect so rather than update the order they said 100 unless rescinded sooner.

Mike 

I think you may be over estimating the industries ability to comply with the infrastructure requirements layed out in this order

Our cruise is scheduled for May 15. I know it isn’t going to go, but I am getting frustrated with RCCL’s lack of transparency in the matter. They are sending “Upgrade your stateroom” pleas via email today, when they should be telling us our options for refunding or rescheduling this sailing