Independence compared to Navigator/Mariner

PRebecca

Hiya, thinking of doing a quick trip to Cococay usually leads me to think of Mariner and Navigator; but I noticed Independence has some 4 night trips going to Cococay as well; I've been on Mariner and Navigator, can anyone tell me the main differences between those and Indy? I'm going with my 21 year old daughter and staying in a balcony and wondered if I should try Indy instead of Mariner/Navigator. Opinions?

Indy is a stretched version of Mariner and Navigator.  They literally added a new section in the middle, otherwise the front and back are nearly identical in layout.  

The extra space makes the promenade longer so there is room for a dedicated Sorrento's Pizza.  Playmakers is found in a different location.  There is extra space on the pool deck.  There are also more cabins on Indy so more people.  

There are variations between ships in things like the types of water slides and the types of specialty restaurants.  Much of these differences are just the normal differences between ships.  

Voyager class (Mariner/Navigator) are a sweet spot for me.  Perfect size and lots to do.  Navigator's pool deck is awesome and might be the best AMP to date.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Indy is a stretched version of Mariner and Navigator.  They literally added a new section in the middle, otherwise the front and back are nearly identical in layout.  

The extra space makes the promenade longer so there is room for a dedicated Sorrento's Pizza.  Playmakers is found in a different location.  There is extra space on the pool deck.  There are also more cabins on Indy so more people.  

Thank you for that info, I had Indy booked for a cancelled May trip but hadn't viewed it in comparison to the Voyager class or thought about it from a young adult's view; thanks for the summary, it helped solidify my plan. Independence sailing Thursday thru Monday as opposed to Monday thru Friday saves me 2 days vacation over going on the other's 4 night itinerary so that's what I'll book in the morning. Thanks again.

BTW, I suspected that your amazing  sunset shot in Royal's Zoom background offering! I saw you mention one of yours was on there, and I wondered if that was it. 

1 hour ago, PRebecca said:

Thank you for that info, I had Indy booked for a cancelled May trip but hadn't viewed it in comparison to the Voyager class or thought about it from a young adult's view; thanks for the summary, it helped solidify my plan. Independence sailing Thursday thru Monday as opposed to Monday thru Friday saves me 2 days vacation over going on the other's 4 night itinerary so that's what I'll book in the morning. Thanks again.

BTW, I suspected that your amazing  sunset shot in Royal's Zoom background offering! I saw you mention one of yours was on there, and I wondered if that was it. 

My photo was in Alaska approaching Dawes glacier.