Excited About Cruising?

We were supposed to be on the Oasis of the Seas from 04/05/20 to 04/12/20 but it was canceled due to the pandemic.  I was devastated.  We had a beautiful Crown Loft Suite reserved (the nicest room we've ever booked) and I really wanted to see the revamp that was done in 2019.  The last time we were on the Oasis was in 2012.

Fortunately, we have two more cruises booked.  One, for Christmas 2020 and the other, for Spring Break 2021.  Since we were able to get a full refund for our April 2020 cruise (sadly), I figured, what the heck?  I emailed my TA yesterday and upgraded our Junior Suite to a beautiful Owner's Suite on the Freedom of the Seas for our Christmas cruise.  YAY!  I will now start my Keto diet again, ramp up the exercises, and start getting bathing suit ready for December.  It will happen....it HAS to happen.  LOL!

Here's to cruising SOON...very soon!

The best room we have ever stayed in so far is a Grand Suite.  I am so very excited to see this room and to see the Freedom of the Seas.  We have never sailed on her before.  Only issue is we have 5 ports in 7 days so there won't be quite as much time on the ship since we love to explore the ports, but I will enjoy every minute either way.  I'm having cruise withdrawals like everyone else, I'm sure.  ?

Awesome story, I know its tough having cruises cancelled, our Oasis cruise in May was cancelled, something we have been looking forward to since last June. We just moved it to Sept. with our FCC. Gotta roll with the punches right. Your awesome cruises will go off with no problem. Have a great time and you have great rooms. 

Totally get it.  We book early.  It's good for price drop monitoring, but really it's the best for the anticipation and planning.  For our March cruise, we didn't have a special room like you, but we were able to get 2 connecting virtual interior rooms with our kids so perfect set up for us.  And it was our first time on Anthem.  All was perfect then bam...the virus went out of control and cruise cancelled.

Our next one is August..and we have an aft corner room.  Really cool!  But alas....I suspect we won't make that one.  (And $18 drink packages on both...bye bye).

Like you....we rebooked our cancelled Anthem to Christmas holidays....and also upgraded (2 connecting interiors to 2 connecting balcony rooms).  Hoping hoping hoping that one goes ahead.  Even rebooked our excursions and all.  (Did not rebook the drink package at the going rate...boo).  Also have Spring Break 2021 like you...

You have an amazing upgrade for your Christmas cruise....so exciting.  Fingers crossed that it's all a go!

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Be sure and take the time to have room service from the MDR in your suite...especially breakfast.  You will have a nice dining table and chairs in your suite and also on your balcony.  You will be so spoiled !

Thank you for the tip.  I saw a video of a nearby Owner's Suite and these rooms are gorgeous.  I definitely want to have a few meals there.

Yes!  Spoiled.  That's what I want to be.  LOL!