Jump to content
camaro9840

Cabin Question for Freedom, Independence, Liberty

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the cabins on Deck 10 AFT, D1 category, 1380-1392 or 1680-1692 on the Freedom class of ships?

We have the option for a D1 cabin in that area of the ship but are a bit concerned being directly under the windjammer. It is appealing however because its on deck 10 in not such a busy area, away from elevators and more suites on this deck so maybe a bit quieter.

The other options would be similar D1 cabin on deck 7 that would have cabins above and below us instead of the windjammer. 

Tried searching pictures of these cabins but can't seem to find any.

 

Also, is there a way to figure out the bed arrangements on Freedom class ships?  Is the bed always by the balcony or does it swap between being close to the balcony or close to the bathroom?

Thanks for any help / advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been on Deck 10 aft before (one of the Jr. Suites on the fantail) and there IS noise associated with chair movement, etc. coming from the WJ above.  It was not so excessive that I would not get a cabin in this location again.  It seemed to be worst in the morning, but I am fairly easy to please...so it might be more annoying to others than it was to me.  All things being equal (same exact room, etc.) I would probably go with Deck 7.  When you are aft like that there is very little foot traffic - generally nobody's back there unless they "live" back there.

 

Regarding the placement of the bed on balconies.

 

1.  Look at the deck plan and place yourself, mentally, in the hallway, facing the closed doors of the balcony rooms.  Be sure you are in the hallway.

2.  Find the closest set of adjoining rooms (you can tell them by the double-ended arrow that designates that these rooms are adjoining).

3.  The room on the right-hand side - the one with the arrow pointing to the right - will be the room with the beds near the balcony.  The ones with the arrow pointing left are the ones with the beds near the closets.  These cabins are manufactured in "sets" and they always follow this pattern.

4.  Moving toward the cabin that you are interested in, alternate, "closet, balcony, closet, balcony, etc." until you get to your cabin.  The most popular configuration is with the bed near the balcony.  It gives you the most room inside your cabin....therefore, this configuration is considered to be the "right" one.  The easy way to remember this rule is, "right is right" meaning that if you want your bed near the balcony, you want the "right" configuration - the cabin on the right.  Soon you will just be able to say, "right, wrong, right, wrong".  It's easier than saying "balcony, closet."

5.  For Freedom, Deck 7, the nearest set of adjoining rooms are cabins 7394 and 7396.  So 7396 is the "right" cabin and so are 7392, 88, 84, etc.  94, 90, 86, etc. will all have the bed near the closets.  BTW, these rooms are D3, not D1.  If you want a D1 cabin on 7 they would be 7370 - 7378 (and 7668 - 7678 on the port side),  Of these cabins the D1 "right" cabins would be 7376 and 7372 (and 7678, 7674 and 7670 on the port side).

 

It's easy once you get the hang of it.  I have never known it to be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm thinking about booking rm 1706 on the freedom and read about the noise in the mornings...we will have toddlers so they may nap in the afternoons...would there be noise during this time since the windjammer would probably open around their nap time (2 - 4 pm)? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, faith1118 said:

Hi, I'm thinking about booking rm 1706 on the freedom and read about the noise in the mornings...we will have toddlers so they may nap in the afternoons...would there be noise during this time since the windjammer would probably open around their nap time (2 - 4 pm)? Thanks

I don't think there will be any noise on deck 10 as deck 9, above you, is another set of suites.  I think you should be good-to-go.  Very nice location.  I say YES !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2016 at 12:44 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have been on Deck 10 aft before (one of the Jr. Suites on the fantail) and there IS noise associated with chair movement, etc. coming from the WJ above.  It was not so excessive that I would not get a cabin in this location again.  It seemed to be worst in the morning, but I am fairly easy to please...so it might be more annoying to others than it was to me.  All things being equal (same exact room, etc.) I would probably go with Deck 7.  When you are aft like that there is very little foot traffic - generally nobody's back there unless they "live" back there.

 

Regarding the placement of the bed on balconies.

 

1.  Look at the deck plan and place yourself, mentally, in the hallway, facing the closed doors of the balcony rooms.  Be sure you are in the hallway.

2.  Find the closest set of adjoining rooms (you can tell them by the double-ended arrow that designates that these rooms are adjoining).

3.  The room on the right-hand side - the one with the arrow pointing to the right - will be the room with the beds near the balcony.  The ones with the arrow pointing left are the ones with the beds near the closets.  These cabins are manufactured in "sets" and they always follow this pattern.

4.  Moving toward the cabin that you are interested in, alternate, "closet, balcony, closet, balcony, etc." until you get to your cabin.  The most popular configuration is with the bed near the balcony.  It gives you the most room inside your cabin....therefore, this configuration is considered to be the "right" one.  The easy way to remember this rule is, "right is right" meaning that if you want your bed near the balcony, you want the "right" configuration - the cabin on the right.  Soon you will just be able to say, "right, wrong, right, wrong".  It's easier than saying "balcony, closet."

5.  For Freedom, Deck 7, the nearest set of adjoining rooms are cabins 7394 and 7396.  So 7396 is the "right" cabin and so are 7392, 88, 84, etc.  94, 90, 86, etc. will all have the bed near the closets.  BTW, these rooms are D3, not D1.  If you want a D1 cabin on 7 they would be 7370 - 7378 (and 7668 - 7678 on the port side),  Of these cabins the D1 "right" cabins would be 7376 and 7372 (and 7678, 7674 and 7670 on the port side).

 

It's easy once you get the hang of it.  I have never known it to be wrong.

Thank you WAAYTOO!! I had no idea there was an actual system to this. I prefer the bed near the balcony but I always went with "luck of the draw". This is fantastic information!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@WAAAYTOOO, does that system apply to hump cabins or just the cabins in the main hallway to either side of the hump? I tried applying that pattern for my cabin on Anthem, which is a JS right in the middle of the hump, and at first glance it would appear to be a "wrong" cabin. But if I keep going past my cabin to the next connected cabin pair, it's now backwards.

Makes me think the hump cabins are maybe all "right" cabins? Especially since they tend to have a price premium over the cabins not in the hump and also don't line up in a way that they could be made in pairs like the hallway cabins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on deck 6 and you could hear the music from the bar below, in the future I will be going 7 or higher because of this. Sandra sleeps through anything so she was fine but it would keep me awake at night (not that I had planned to go to bed too early and hung out a few times with @joost instead.) I think nap time around 2-4 should be okay. Close to 4 it might start to pick up for dinner time but I think the morning rush would be the worst you will get and should be a lot less then our music lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, JLMoran said:

@WAAAYTOOO, does that system apply to hump cabins or just the cabins in the main hallway to either side of the hump? I tried applying that pattern for my cabin on Anthem, which is a JS right in the middle of the hump, and at first glance it would appear to be a "wrong" cabin. But if I keep going past my cabin to the next connected cabin pair, it's now backwards.

Makes me think the hump cabins are maybe all "right" cabins? Especially since they tend to have a price premium over the cabins not in the hump and also don't line up in a way that they could be made in pairs like the hallway cabins.

Joe, I really don't know the answer to your question !  Unless I am mistaken (nah, oh wait....) the JS all have the same configuration and do not alternate the way that the OV balconies do.  I BELIEVE that the JS all have the couch by the windows but with a JS it isn't really an issue since there is so much more room.  I cannot recall ever having a JS where the bed is next to the sliding glass doors.  AND I have never been on Anthem so I don't know if they even follow the same alternate rules as the other classes.  Let us all know in 13 days !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

AND I have never been on Anthem so I don't know if they even follow the same alternate rules as the other classes.  Let us all know in 13 days !

Well, I'll have to let you know in more like 208 days, as that's when I sail on Anthem in a JS. Freedom will be my home 13 days from now, and a pair of connecting OV balconies (with my wife and I in the "wrong" one, and lucky ducky kids in the "right" one). :3_grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Well, I'll have to let you know in more like 208 days, as that's when I sail on Anthem in a JS. Freedom will be my home 13 days from now, and a pair of connecting OV balconies (with my wife and I in the "wrong" one, and lucky ducky kids in the "right" one). :3_grin:

When we went on the cabin tour I saw a spa junior suite.  The couch was by the balcony.  But as @WAAAYTOOO said, it doesn't matter because there is lots of space for moving around.  It looked identical to our room except the bathroom was different and the couch was a bit smaller and no pullman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...