2021 DBP Pricing

DDaley

Seems this is the trend....its going to backfire on Royal if these are the prices they are trying to collect on.

I was looking at some cruises in Jan/Feb 2021...I would say most are 25% higher than they were before this happened..then increase the drink packages by 40-50%......you dont need a degree in economics or business to know this isn't going to work out in Royal's favor...

While many "loyal to Royal" ppl will be willing to cruise( and perhaps pay these ridiculous prices)…..the average American who is wary about cruising to start with, isn't cruising with these costs...

Clearly no guarantees, but I can easily see these dropping once things get back up and running.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see them relax/go back on requiring everyone to have the DX if in the same stateroom.  We always call in and get my wife the refreshment, but I feel they'll be doing everything they can to bring revenue back in.

I'm also looking forward to getting the UDP on our first sailing back and getting some great food!

1 hour ago, codyh21 said:

Clearly no guarantees, but I can easily see these dropping once things get back up and running.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see them relax/go back on requiring everyone to have the DX if in the same stateroom.  We always call in and get my wife the refreshment, but I feel they'll be doing everything they can to bring revenue back in.

I'm also looking forward to getting the UDP on our first sailing back and getting some great food!

Wishful thinking but I'm right there with ya !!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Snotarni said:

I actually ended up seeing $41 for the DBP for my Dec 13 FOS Sailing yesterday, so, I cancelled (who knows when I'll see that refund) and repurchased it.  

Can you please keep us in the loop on the time frame of this refund?   It used to be so seamless to cancel and rebook something in the cruise planner.  I'm curious if they will be holding these funds too.  Thanks!

On 4/22/2020 at 11:20 AM, Vacation Crazy said:

Can you please keep us in the loop on the time frame of this refund?   It used to be so seamless to cancel and rebook something in the cruise planner.  I'm curious if they will be holding these funds too.  Thanks!

I did some cancel/rebooks on the 20th ... rebook hit immediately ... no refund yet ... will post when i see it.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:26 AM, Snotarni said:

Will do!  (Nothing yet today (of course))  ?

Nothing yet...   I'm assuming it'll get crushed into the backlog with all the other refunds...  I'm still waiting for my Cruise Planner refunds from 3/10 cancellations.  

On 4/24/2020 at 1:27 PM, jticarruthers said:

I did some cancel/rebooks on the 20th ... rebook hit immediately ... no refund yet ... will post when i see it.

Refunds for cruise planner purchases hit today ... seems to be reasonably consistent with "normal" delay on refund when doing the cancel and repurchase routine.

On 4/27/2020 at 8:59 AM, thatguy said:

Same here I'm on the Dec 13 Freedom cruise and cancelled and rebooked the DBP and internet on April 21.  No refund of the previous charges as of today yet.  

I got my refunds for the previous charges today so that is 9 days.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:20 AM, Vacation Crazy said:

I received my refund for the Cruise Planner purchases last night (cancelled on 4/22 for 12/13 Cruise)...  still no refund for cruise I cancelled on 3/10 for a 3/12 Cruise) ?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

Our DBP dropped today to 67 from 84 for our 2021 cruise.  Still not paying for it at that price.  

DBP on our 4/24/21 Symphony cruise dropped today from $89 to $71... I agree that is still too high to even consider this early on. 

DBP on our 10/4/20 Oasis went back up to $59 from $44 this week.

Well, guess I should have checked today, mine dropped to 71$ and 81$ with voom device, just got my Cruise Planner Credit so I'll have to figure out how to use that, from various posts it seems a bit complicated, too bad it can't all be handled on-line through the cruise planner. 

• 3 weeks later...

Rhapsody in Feb out of Tampa was $46 ($54 with tip) last week, $61 before tip this week.  Didn't pull the trigger - $1520 for the 4 of us.  Playing the waiting game for now.  I know I can cancel & rebook but just put the cruise deposit down.  That's enough for this month!!