$11 air fare

I have a trip planned for Memorial Day weekend, I suspect the hotel to extend their closure, but waiting until that happens. United is currently offering upgrade to first for $269 PP (that's one way, no idea for return as I used points and cannot upgrade). That's for a 5-ish hour flight, NY to Vegas. I'd jump on it but I don't see the trip happening. No need to just put myself into a larger voucher.

Also was planning on seeing a friend in June, those flights are in the $100 dollar range. That's a short 2.5 hour flight on American.

5 hours ago, twangster said:

But it's Frontier.  Ugh.  I've flown them before, once, then said never again.  

I get it Twangster, but options are limited from Indy, and we as mostly pleasure flyers like a good bargain.  We've had decent luck with Frontier.

We scored $39 each way from PHL to MCO in May for a land vacation, only for Southwest to go and cancel those flights.  They re-booked us on horrible timed ones, and if we want to change to a different one...of course there is a higher cost.   So if we actually get to go, we'll be getting up at 4 am to make our 6:30am flight. Sigh.

13 hours ago, bigpete said:

Might just be spoiled with the luxury of leaving out of the two-gate Trenton, but even with leaving out of Philly, Frontier has never been horrible. If the base airfare is that low, consider upgrading to the "stretch" seating that reclines. If you fly them enough, you'll get these upgrades for free. ?

The joke for us in Indy is that you can't get to He!! (that place none of us want to go) out of Indy without connecting in Atlanta!

I have flown them twice..both times for very cheap and no issues.....I dont mind paying those prices compared to over $600 or more to fly a local Canadian carrier.

That being said, prices have gone up for flights in November we are looking at for our Odyssey cruise.

Cruise prices sure aren't following a lower trajectory yet!

Meh, I hate Frontier. They say Frontier and Spirit are the same but having flown both, would rather fly Spirit again for short flights. Anything 2 hours or less I can justify a crappy airline for $11. That means more money to drink, eat and play with....now the terminals involved are a whole other beast.

45 minutes ago, Branderson610 said:

When I see prices like this, it just shows me how much we are overpaying for airline tickets. 

The market determines the price.  When people don't want to fly prices go down.  When people want to fly, prices go up.

Planes are flying nearly empty.  That's not profitable but in order to eligible for bailout money they have to keep flying.  The crazy low fares are not sustainable unless we keep promising them billions in bailout money.  

On 4/9/2020 at 4:57 PM, Branderson610 said:

I still think airlines have been over charging for years. However, that is just my opinion. 

I think the healthcare industry has been overcharging for years.  

I think internet service providers have been overcharging for years.

I think my taxes have been too high for years.

I think grocery prices have been too high for years.

Where should I stop?

I blame data analytics.  Once businesses could study sales trends and consumer trends they used data to maximize profit.  That didn't happen 3 decades ago.  

Airlines do it.  Cruise lines do it.  Your doctor does it.  The auto industry does it.  And so on...

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I think the healthcare industry has been overcharging for years.  

I think internet service providers have been overcharging for years.

I think my taxes have been too high for years.

I think grocery prices have been too high for years.

Where should I stop?

I blame data analytics.  Once businesses could study sales trends and consumer trends they used data to maximize profit.  That didn't happen 3 decades ago.  

Airlines do it.  Cruise lines do it.  Your doctor does it.  The auto industry does it.  And so on...

Just because I have an opinion doesn't mean you should go on a tangent. I hope you have a good day.