Question for the pros regarding price drops

I'm pretty new to RC as this will only be my 2nd cruise with them...Our cruise (Oasis of the Seas leaving from NJ) is not yet canceled as we're not scheduled to depart until June 14th, but we're patiently waiting for them to cancel, instead of us canceling. I checked the prices this morning and my 2 cabins have gone down for a savings of about $640. Our travel agent stated that since final payment was due last month, they will not reduce the price but can move us from Central Park View staterooms up to ocean view balcony cabins at no extra fee. Does that sound correct?

I want to know if RC is similar to Carnival and will give credit for the decrease in pricing or not after final payment? Thank you in advance!

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Your agent gave you accurate information. After final payment Royal will not refund any money either as a cash refund, future credit or onboard credit.  They will, however, as your agent told you, upgrade your room at no cost.  No money back though.

Thank you very much for the quick response! I just wanted to be very sure before I have her check out the balconies for us.

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Your agent gave you accurate information. After final payment Royal will not refund any money either as a cash refund, future credit or onboard credit.  They will, however, as your agent told you, upgrade your room at no cost.  No money back though.

I just thought of this question...can be cancel and rebook?

1 hour ago, Nolagal said:

I just thought of this question...can be cancel and rebook?

No, you cannot cancel without incurring a cancellation penalty after final payment. Your only real option is for the free upgrade.  BTW, an upgrade from a Central Park view stateroom (essentially an inside room) to an ocean view balcony is an awesome upgrade !  I would jump in that before the price changes !

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, you cannot cancel without incurring a cancellation penalty after final payment. Your only real option is for the free upgrade.  BTW, an upgrade from a Central Park view stateroom (essentially an inside room) to an ocean view balcony is an awesome upgrade !  I would jump in that before the price changes !

Thank you again! We're definitely jumping on the upgrade.