369 days.....

FManke

That is the number of days I have kept our 30th anniversary cruise to Greece this Oct from my lovely wife. I just told her yesterday, which was our half anniversary. And yes, she freaked out a little. Keeping the secret that long was a little agonizing because, as most of you know, sharing the excitement of an upcoming cruise, is one of the best things about cruising. Let's hope as is well come Oct and yes, if things clear up and RC is cruising then, we'll be on Rhapsody!

Happy future cruising!

3 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Fingers crossed. Greece has pretty low numbers, so let’s hope that’s accurate and not just as a result of a delay in testing. That Greek isles itinerary looks awesome. Did you get the flights and keep those secret? Or now getting flights?

Got the flights back in the middle of Jan. Direct flight from Chicago to Venice there and a layover in London on the way back. Good deal, at least so far. Same seats and flights have been running anywhere from 50% to 100+% higher since. Who knows what the future will bring though. I guess the only concern going forward is that the cruise leaves out of Venice, and we all know how hard Italy has been hit by Covid-19. Oct is a ways off, so we'll see.

4 hours ago, FManke said:

Got the flights back in the middle of Jan. Direct flight from Chicago to Venice there and a layover in London on the way back. Good deal, at least so far. Same seats and flights have been running anywhere from 50% to 100+% higher since. Who knows what the future will bring though. I guess the only concern going forward is that the cruise leaves out of Venice, and we all know how hard Italy has been hit by Covid-19. Oct is a ways off, so we'll see.

Hopefully Italy will continue its trend towards getting better. Not to make light of the situation but I’m guessing without a thriving economy some of the aggressiveness towards cruise ships may go away in Venice and they may be welcoming. 

Wow, what amazing will power to keep a secret like that secret for so long. I really hope things will have taken an upturn by then and you get to do your anniversary cruise and have a fabulous time. Fingers, legs and eyes crossed for you. ?

We did Serenade to the Southern Caribbean for our 30th. Hoping to do Panama Canal for our 35th!

22 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Wow, what amazing will power to keep a secret like that secret for so long. I really hope things will have taken an upturn by then and you get to do your anniversary cruise and have a fabulous time. Fingers, legs and eyes crossed for you. ?

We did Serenade to the Southern Caribbean for our 30th. Hoping to do Panama Canal for our 35th!

Thanks! We were on Serenade in 2017 to New England/Canada. We hope we love Rhapsody as much as Serenade.