Next Round of Cancellations

The present situation seems to indicate that the current "no sail" date will be extended.

1.  Does it seem likely that the next cancellations will not be announced until May?  With so many refunds and FCC yet to be issued with the last round of cancellations, I am wondering how long they will wait to extend the date.

2.  I have a May 30th cruise on the books. Should I go ahead and cancel my Cruise Planner purchases now?

3. Does Royal even have enough cash to continue to offer refunds?

7 hours ago, luv2sail said:

The present situation seems to indicate that the current "no sail" date will be extended.

1.  Does it seem likely that the next cancellations will not be announced until May?  With so many refunds and FCC yet to be issued with the last round of cancellations, I am wondering how long they will wait to extend the date.

2.  I have a May 30th cruise on the books. Should I go ahead and cancel my Cruise Planner purchases now?

1 hour ago, Branderson610 said:

I have already cancelled my cruise planner purchases for my June sailing. I didn't see the need to wait on that.

Don't forget, in the second round of cancellations they were offering 125% FCC on cruise planner purchases.  If that is still offered in the next round and you can cancel beforehand you won't be able to take advantage of it.  '

11 hours ago, luv2sail said:

Does Royal even have enough cash to continue to offer refunds?

Royal has taken out about $4 billion through its available lines of credit to shore up liquidity and “cash on hand”. That’s for short-term / near-term use, so yes, they will be able to continue issuing refunds if they do more cancellations.

7 hours ago, Branderson610 said:

I have already cancelled my cruise planner purchases for my June sailing. I didn't see the need to wait on that.

That is what I am thinking. I took advantage of Black Friday prices and had $55 Coco Beach Club passes.  It is hard to face reality and let it go.

I have Coco Beach Club passes for one leg, DX/Refreshment for both legs, and a UDP for one leg for our May b2b on Navigator.  I'm keeping all of it and if they cancel will take the 125%.  Money is already spent, and I will just roll over to whatever cruise we take next.  On the off chance it doesn't get cancelled, then we plan on cruising.

Because of the Canadian port closures, Royal changed the itinerary of my June 4 cruise on Adventure, taking out the Canadian ports and replacing them with an overnight in Bermuda. When they changed the itinerary, they offered us the choice of 100% refund, 125% FCC, or OBC based on your cabin type ($250 for interior, oceanview, and balcony, and $450 for suites). They're making the OBC refundable.

If they cancel, I know I'll get either the 100% refund or the 125% FCC, but my question is: what happens to that OBC? Will it be available for future use?

1 hour ago, Chadster said:

If they cancel, I know I'll get either the 100% refund or the 125% FCC, but my question is: what happens to that OBC? Will it be available for future use?

Usually OBC offers for bookings gets lost when they cancel except in some special situations such as NextCruise credit or OBC that was applied due to a cancellation.  Your situation may fall under this latter case and then you could move it to another booking. 

But remember at the point where they cancel this one, nearly everyone (excluding new bookings after the itinerary switch) still booked for this sailing will be in the same situation as you.  So they may make a blanket special case for you guys.

50 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Usually OBC offers for bookings gets lost when they cancel except in some special situations such as NextCruise credit or OBC that was applied due to a cancellation.  Your situation may fall under this latter case and then you could move it to another booking. 

But remember at the point where they cancel this one, nearly everyone (excluding new bookings after the itinerary switch) still booked for this sailing will be in the same situation as you.  So they may make a blanket special case for you guys.

I'd honestly be fine with either having it refunded or being able to use it on my December cruise. In fact, I'm hoping for the latter -- that's why I was wondering.

16 hours ago, luv2sail said:

5 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Royal has taken out about $4 billion through its available lines of credit to shore up liquidity and “cash on hand”. That’s for short-term / near-term use, so yes, they will be able to continue issuing refunds if they do more cancellations.

Yep. I think the question is: Do they want to issues refunds? To that, the answer is no (in my opinion) hence the 125% future OBC.

I'd probably take the full refund when/where I can honestly. I (thankfully) do not need the cash but rather it earn a little interest in my Ally cruise savings account.

1 hour ago, Deerman6040 said:

I hope RCCL doesn't cancel another round...I've had two in a row cancelled...Oasis in April, 2019 because of a crane, and Adventure in April 2020...I dont know when I'll be able use my FCC, maybe on a b2b on Mariner in October/2020???

When is your new one ?

I was just pricing out upgrades to my Christmas cruise on Grandeur, and it turns out if my June cruise is cancelled, I'll be able to make a fairly inexpensive jump to a balcony cabin on Grandeur in December. Heck, before final payment is due in September, maybe even the leap to JS would be reasonable.

I suddenly feel much more calm about all of this, knowing that whenever I cruise, I'll be able to treat myself. My obsessiveness has been in high gear since I booked my first RC cruise back in January, and my anxiety has been in fairly high gear since all of this started back in early March.