New Sushi and Sake Pairing Experience?

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, DublinFC said:

I had this booked for our postponed Dec cruise.  I can book it for the next cruise but it is on the last day.  I personally would prefer if it was earlier in the cruise.  I am still debating on signing up again.  I am already doing the sushi class.

We loved the sushi making class on our Alaska sailing. We roll our own, now. ?

9 hours ago, DublinFC said:

I am the only one in my family that likes sushi, so I am rolling solo for the class.  I might start making it for myself after the class.  I have looked locally for a sushi class without any luck.  

After this class, you won't NEED to take another class. I also learned a few tips and tricks that I can use elsewhere in my kitchen. A big one was using plastic wrap to cover the counters/tables where participants worked to keep cleanup to a minimum. This is one of those "more is caught than taught" situations. Now, when I make bread (daily), I cover my countertop with a 3'x2' layer of plastic wrap. With that in place, I rarely have to use my bench knife for cleanup. We were rolling our sushi before this class, but it was nice to pick up a few pointers, and we made a lot! Took it back to our cabin for a mid-day snack!

On 9/19/2020 at 6:29 AM, Baked Alaska said:

After this class, you won't NEED to take another class. I also learned a few tips and tricks that I can use elsewhere in my kitchen. A big one was using plastic wrap to cover the counters/tables where participants worked to keep cleanup to a minimum. This is one of those "more is caught than taught" situations. Now, when I make bread (daily), I cover my countertop with a 3'x2' layer of plastic wrap. With that in place, I rarely have to use my bench knife for cleanup. We were rolling our sushi before this class, but it was nice to pick up a few pointers, and we made a lot! Took it back to our cabin for a mid-day snack!

I am hoping to have plenty of leftovers too so I can snack on it later too.  I already told my wife our bill might be a little steep from the grab and go sushi option.  I plan to have it a few times on the ship ?

10 hours ago, DublinFC said:

I am hoping to have plenty of leftovers too so I can snack on it later too.  I already told my wife our bill might be a little steep from the grab and go sushi option.  I plan to have it a few times on the ship ?

When my daughter and I did this we weren't allowed to take leftovers out of Izumi.