RCL cancels all cruises thru 9/1/20 .....

I got the email for my August cruise.  It's the 48 hr cancellation policy.  If we cancel up to 48 hrs, then Royal will give FCC for the value. 

• If outside of final payment and non-refundable, then get FCC for deposit and refund of any additional funds paid. 
  • If past final payment, then FCC for cruise fare

Nothing about OBC or 125% if we cancel.  I suppose the other will come into play if Royal ends up cancelling and we have not.

2 hours ago, Bigken said:

But you can believe this my cruise for ocean View balcony sailing date August 29 out of Miami went down 365$ today and when I called to get which I got with out a problem I also ask about cruise planner sail and was told keep looking next 58 hours there will be a big sale that I will believe when I see it

Had you made your final payment?

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

This has not been verified anywhere.

I agree. I think Zacks just did some poor editing/fact-checking, that Yahoo! Finance just passed on verbatim without checking things.

As a sometimes copy editor, this makes me bristle, and I'm just glad it wasn't me who made this mistake. ?

Alaska cruises are not happening till July 1st at the earliest.   So who knows what will happen.  And now Florida is under  a 30 day stay at home order.  So much for those 2 Norwegian ships that can`t dock.   Who knows how many more delays there will be.  And the briefings are saying the next 2 weeks will be painful.  Obviously they know a whole lot more than what they are divulging.  Suspended till Sept. 1st.  Makes one think what year.  

With up to 200,000 deaths predicted for the US,  in reality I’ll be surprised if cruising is back to normal by September. There is no way cruising is going to start up again in May. I can’t see how cruise industry will be back anytime soon. People still can’t even get off ships.. let alone get on them! 

41 minutes ago, mattymay said:

With up to 200,000 deaths predicted for the US,  in reality I’ll be surprised if cruising is back to normal by September. There is no way cruising is going to start up again in May. Anyone who thinks the cruise industry will be back anytime soon is kidding themselves. People still can’t even get off ships.. let alone get on them! 

On a positive note:

image.png.66640374b7886c21db7e2cef9cddfbf7.png

A bigger question!!! Which cruise lines will still be solvent by September 1st??. Bet there will be some incredible deals on Mega cruise ships for sale this summer! Unless of course, the cruise lines decide to keep all of our payments and reorganize under bankruptcy protection laws of whichever country they are registered within! Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines could reorganize as "Regal Cruises the Caribbean Lines"!  ? Just throwing it out there! Something to think about. Experts are predicting doom and gloom. A cruise could be the furthest thing on our minds come August! I sure Hope Not!

2 hours ago, Cruise Happy said:

A bigger question!!! Which cruise lines will still be solvent by September 1st??. Bet there will be some incredible deals on Mega cruise ships for sale this summer! Unless of course, the cruise lines decide to keep all of our payments and reorganize under bankruptcy protection laws of whichever country they are registered within! Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines could reorganize as "Regal Cruises the Caribbean Lines"!  ? Just throwing it out there! Something to think about. Experts are predicting doom and gloom. A cruise could be the furthest thing on our minds come August! I sure Hope Not!

They've secured lines of credit in the billions.  Based on past results those won't take long to pay off once things get back to normal.

Life will get back to normal.  Maybe not in 2020 but by 2025 this will all be a distant memory.    RCCL will be fine.  Carnival will be fine.  Beyond that is anyone's guess.

14 hours ago, twangster said:

They've secured lines of credit in the billions.  Based on past results those won't take long to pay off once things get back to normal.

Life will get back to normal.  Maybe not in 2020 but by 2025 this will all be a distant memory.    RCCL will be fine.  Carnival will be fine.  Beyond that is anyone's guess.

Got to say, I'm not remotely confident that cruise lines will "get back to normal" and return to "past results" any time soon.  By 2025?  Maybe.  But how does RCI fill its *growing* capacity in 2020?  2021?  First-time cruisers aren't going to be giving cruising a try any time soon, and even diehards can only afford so many cruises a year.  I could see them selling off ships (assuming anyone would buy them).  

2 hours ago, danv3 said:

Got to say, I'm not remotely confident that cruise lines will "get back to normal" and return to "past results" any time soon.  By 2025?  Maybe.  But how does RCI fill its *growing* capacity in 2020?  2021?  First-time cruisers aren't going to be giving cruising a try any time soon, and even diehards can only afford so many cruises a year.  I could see them selling off ships (assuming anyone would buy them).  

They won't sell ships.  Load factors will be down.  

There was a time when ships didn't sail full.  You could request an upgrade on board and there were upgrades to be had.  We will return to those days for a while.  Ships won't sail full for some time.

24 minutes ago, twangster said:

There was a time when ships didn't sail full.  You could request an upgrade on board and there were upgrades to be had.  We will return to those days for a while.  Ships won't sail full for some time.

Wasn't there a time when the gave complimentary upgrades based on your C&A status.....seems even when I started back in 2013, this was the case and you could always ask for a cabin change at Guest services....

18 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Wasn't there a time when the gave complimentary upgrades based on your C&A status.....seems even when I started back in 2013, this was the case and you could always ask for a cabin change at Guest services....

Current CAS policy is D+ and P can be upgraded.  That was before RoyalUP but technically CAS policy hasn't changed.  I've never benefited from such an upgrade, maybe now I'll have a chance, assuming RoyalUp doesn't scoop up all upgrades.  Low bidding RoyalUp may be sound practice going forward.  

On 4/3/2020 at 1:48 PM, twangster said:

It still makes me laugh when I hear Disney cruise reviews and they talk about still having an upgrade desk at the port.