Cruise Sale Finder (Australia and NZ) Closing Down by Sept 30th

Cruise Sale finder were the company we booked with on her first cruise all those years ago. They are now closing their doors due to the impact of Covid-19 on their business.

They offered a great service and I am sorry to see them go.

I feel we won’t see a cruise season down here until 2021/2022 due to a variety of factors.

1) New Zealand’s strategy with Covid-19 is to eliminate from our country which is why we are in lock down presently. If we are successful then our borders will maintain tight control to prevent a reoccurrence, which will likely include 14 days self isolation. This would effectively prevent ships from coming to NZ. I feel Australia will have a similar strategy and so too the Pacific Islands which do not have any any active cases of Covid-19.

2) There is a lot of animosity to towards the cruise ships in Sydney, mainly due to the government failing to prevent passengers disembarking from the Ruby Princess on arrival to Sydney. Even though there were cases of Covid-19 on board these passengers were allowed to disembark and head off all over Sydney and the rest of the world. These passengers were inadvertently responsible for the fast spread of Covid-19 in Sydney and around the world. There are now over 640 cases attributable to the Ruby Princess and health officials are now readying for the next next wave of cases due to the contacts with this group. 

3)   I constantly hear people refer to cruise ships as “floating Petri dishes” so I suspect people will very reluctant to cruise for a while yet.

We have a B2B on Ovation scheduled for November this year but unfortunately I think it will be cancelled at some point in the future.

These are difficult times but I do look forward to day when we can all get back to doing the thing we love, cruising.

2 hours ago, F1guynz said:

I constantly hear people refer to cruise ships as “floating Petri dishes” so I suspect people will very reluctant to cruise for a while yet.

I hear people say this a lot too but those people are often those who have never cruised or didn't like cruising. I feel like Royal's ships are quite clean. They are a heck of a lot cleaner than large gathering places such as stadiums or the Mall of America near me

Weren't they owned by Webjet? Probably trying save the parent company by closing down these side companies.

I agree.. cruising is done down here for the foreseeable. There are 7 ships off the coast on NSW which the government is refusing to let dock. And one docked in WA that Border Force is asking to leave but it is refusing to go in a "stand-off" with police. 

The media/news are loving it! People will never cruise again.