Future Cruise Prices

RBRSKI

Good Morning RCB

So I check prices at least three times a day on cruises that I have booked down the pipeline which I am sure many others do the same!  I would have thought that prices would go down a bit!  With suspension dates keep moving and reports everyday from reputable sources not in favor of the cruise industry. 

Other than prices, what do you think the cruise lines could do to get people back on board one of the most amazing vacations out there.

Not only are cruise fares not budging but Cruise Planner prices are all topped out as well.  I guess Royal doesn’t want to collect money it will just have to turn around and refund if cruises don’t start back up soon.  It’s kind of a head-scratcher to me.  One would think that they would be happy to take in some cash on discounted Cruise Planner items (where they still make a nice profit) but they don’t seem to see it that way, I guess.  On something like internet packages, where their fee is almost 100% profit, you’d think they’d be offering a couple of deals, but nope.

4 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Holy mackerel, Carnival just cancelled all cruises to the end of the year!!!   Oh Royal please don't do this!!!

This is from Carnivals website. Looks like they are extending cancellations on select ships/ports probably to decrease cost for the remainder of the year as they recover financially.

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:

• All ships sailing between March 14 and May 11
  • All Alaska sailings through and including June 30, 2020
  • All San Francisco sailings through 2020
  • All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020
  • All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020

6 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Holy mackerel, Carnival just cancelled all cruises to the end of the year!!!   Oh Royal please don't do this!!!

I don't think it's all sailings.  Just a few.  And not exactly till the end of the year, well except one...

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22715-carnival-cancels-more-sailings.html?fbclid=IwAR0M3nTkw-1q0ADiSugbClfolJ5tEKEPt00RQ6K-z6ovMjqo2xOCEJYKdUE

Just now, loki007 said:

This is from Carnivals website. Looks like they are extending cancellations on select ships/ports probably to decrease cost for the remainder of the year as they recover financially.

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:

• All ships sailing between March 14 and May 11
  • All Alaska sailings through and including June 30, 2020
  • All San Francisco sailings through 2020
  • All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020
  • All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020

Let hope so, what I heard on the news they said till the end of the year, let's hope they got their information wrong!

I cant see them going that far out with a blanket policy. if things got better quicker than expcted I would think it would be harder to start up quickly.

I can seem some cruises being affected longer than others though..with no ports in Canda open till at least July1st..and some areas having bigger issues, it doesn't surprise me that some ports may not  open as quickly as others.

That being said, I just upgraded to a balcony room on Odyssey  for less than what I paid for a Oceanview…...I REALLY need that cruise not to be cancelled!!

On 4/1/2020 at 10:23 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Not only are cruise fares not budging but Cruise Planner prices are all topped out as well.  I guess Royal doesn’t want to collect money it will just have to turn around and refund if cruises don’t start back up soon.  It’s kind of a head-scratcher to me.  One would think that they would be happy to take in some cash on discounted Cruise Planner items (where they still make a nice profit) but they don’t seem to see it that way, I guess.  On something like internet packages, where their fee is almost 100% profit, you’d think they’d be offering a couple of deals, but nope.

Some new items appeared in the CP for our 4/24/21 Symphony cruise just today... current DBP price almost gave me a heart attack! ?

We got the DBP for $45 on Allure and $51 on Oasis (5/31)... I know this is the full price... let's see what they do around Black Friday!

image.png.52e75889b315c9392af6ed65eb488288.png

Just now, JohnK6404 said:

Some new items appeared in the CP for our 4/24/21 Symphony cruise just today... current DBP price almost gave me a heart attack! ?

We got the DBP for $45 on Allure and $51 on Oasis (5/31)... I know this is the full price... let's see what they do around Black Friday for this cruise!

image.png.52e75889b315c9392af6ed65eb488288.png

OMG that’s horrible !