Next Cruise Booked- Changing Dates?

Hi Guys! Been a while... Working in healthcare right now is nuts!

Last night my wife looked at me and said, "Am i crazy for wanting to book a cruise right when this is over?" While my mind hasn't had a chance to process much besides work I instantly felt like i am ready for a vacation already. Now all i can think about, aside of work, is cruising again.. lol

On my last cruise i took advantage of the Next Cruise program. I am currently booked for a cruise in Oct of 2021.  I seem to remember that one of the perks is that i could change the sailing within a certain amount of time.. though I am not 100% on that. I currently do not have access to my paperwork to check.  Can anyone confirm that?

While the resume dates of sailing are still uncertain I am seeing some deals that are tough to overlook. I think May is going to be a wash, i just dont see things going back to normal, even if it is I might still have a lot of work to do to normalize the business. June.. maybe.. I see a 9 night Canada cruise in a guaranteed suite for a price that is great. Even if things aren't normal it seems the refund policy is on point. I'd like to move my next reservation from next year to this June. Hell even if it's not possible i might book it anyways.

What do you guys think?

Stay safe everyone! Remember Washy Washy!

4 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

I see a 9 night Canada cruise in a guaranteed suite for a price that is great.

I vaguely remember that 60 days is the magic number.  But I could very well be wrong as I've never done that through NC.

And the 9 night is no longer going to Canada.  @Chadster is on that sailing and it's going to Bermuda now.

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I vaguely remember that 60 days is the magic number.  But I could very well be wrong as I've never done that through NC.

And the 9 night is no longer going to Canada.  @Chadster is on that sailing and it's going to Bermuda now.

Oh man that 60 day mark is only a couple days away for me. I'll send out an email to my RCCL rep... hope she is well and still has a job!

Odd that the itinerary has changed and isnt updated on the website, looking at the booking now and it still says Canada. His is on Adventure leaving from Cape Liberty in June?

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Having recently booked and revised a NextCruise booking, I can confirm that 60 days is the free change period from the original date of making the reservation.

3 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Odd that the itinerary has changed and isnt updated on the website, looking at the booking now and it still says Canada. His is on Adventure leaving from Cape Liberty in June?

Yep.

Just for reference, here's the itinerary pulled from an email that Royal sent my travel agent that she then forwarded to me. They haven't notified me directly; the change came about yesterday.

Revision.jpg

4 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Yep.

Just for reference, here's the itinerary pulled from an email that Royal sent my travel agent that she then forwarded to me. They haven't notified me directly; the change came about yesterday.

Revision.jpg

Well that kinda sucks, no wonder the price dropped hard. Better run that by the wife, she was excited for the Canadian stops.

So an overnight stop? How does that work?

16 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Well that kinda sucks, no wonder the price dropped hard. Better run that by the wife, she was excited for the Canadian stops.

We're on the July 15th sailing.  That one is currently still doing Canada.  Price has also dropped a bit.  I saved $600 last week.

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We're on the July 15th sailing.  That one is currently still doing Canada.  Price has also dropped a bit.  I saved $600 last week.

Yep..this one's a decent deal, too. I had a cabin booked on this one just in case, but I'm gonna go ahead and have my travel agent cancel it. I'll do Canada later when things calm down a bit.

Just now, Chadster said:

Yep..this one's a decent deal, too. I had a cabin booked on this one just in case, but I'm gonna go ahead and have my travel agent cancel it. I'll do Canada later when things calm down a bit.

I am really torn about this sailing.  I have had this one booked for almost two years.  This is an itinerary that we have not ever done and are really looking forward to it.  I tried to look for a Plan B for this one last week and 2021 does not have anything similar.  The only one that was somewhat similar is late August 2021 (which I cannot do because of work) and it's on Empress.  If this sailing is a no-go, I don't even know when we can re-do it.  I was just saying to my TA that there is no Plan B for this one.

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That one looks great until i actually get into it. The preview price for the suite is 800 less than once i click into it.

I'll keep an eye on it though.

The cruise that i was really interested was in September on Oasis. The crown loft price was amazing but my wife says its too close to the beginning of the school year and doesn't want to pull our daughter out considering how this years school year is ending. Too bad though, that sailing would have been on a milestone birthday for my wife.

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Really?  For the suite guarantee?  Preview price is $1299pp (double occ) and total screen reflects that.

Maybe it's because i'm a triple? Preview shows 1299, once i click in (no guarantee option) suites starting at 1905. So 600 diff not 800... but still

EDIT:

That's why... no juniors once i go into suites

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am really torn about this sailing.  I have had this one booked for almost two years.  This is an itinerary that we have not ever done and are really looking forward to it.  I tried to look for a Plan B for this one last week and 2021 does not have anything similar.  The only one that was somewhat similar is late August 2021 (which I cannot do because of work) and it's on Empress.  If this sailing is a no-go, I don't even know when we can re-do it.  I was just saying to my TA that there is no Plan B for this one.

Ugh...that's unfortunate! I'm lucky in that I live in Maryland, so Grandeur (and its replacement next year, Enchantment) do this Canada itinerary regularly. Whether I do June or July this year, I'll get to experience Adventure, which was the bigger push for me behind booking out of Cape Liberty this time and actually flying to the port. And with the OBC deal Royal is offering me to keep my June sailing is just too good to pass up, so that's an added motivation for June.

Just now, bossdog421 said:

I should just say screw it and do the September Oasis one that i really want. If they can make us home school now no reason they cant give her some work books she can complete in the kids club while us parents have some fun!

I don't blame you for this one at all -- especially right now, I say book the itinerary and/or ship you really want!

1 minute ago, Chadster said:

Ugh...that's unfortunate! I'm lucky in that I live in Maryland, so Grandeur (and its replacement next year, Enchantment) do this Canada itinerary regularly. Whether I do June or July this year, I'll get to experience Adventure, which was the bigger push for me behind booking out of Cape Liberty this time and actually flying to the port. And with the OBC deal Royal is offering me to keep my June sailing is just too good to pass up, so that's an added motivation for June.

Living in Jersey i find that Maryland and Massachusetts  are acceptable drives given the right deal.

4 minutes ago, Chadster said:

I don't blame you for this one at all -- especially right now, I say book the itinerary and/or ship you really want!

Well convincing the wife is my actual concern. I may be the boss at work... but at home... yeah. She won't think my idea of doing workbooks from the kids club is an acceptable tradeoff. Maybe if i remind her about deck 17...

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I love this itinerary, I wish they would keep doing cruises like this. 

I have to admit, when they first announced the change, I was frustrated, thinking "This isn't even CLOSE to what I paid for!". But then, I thought about it, and it makes for a nice mixture of experiences. I'm actually really looking forward to it!

3 minutes ago, Chadster said:

I have to admit, when they first announced the change, I was frustrated, thinking "This isn't even CLOSE to what I paid for!". But then, I thought about it, and it makes for a nice mixture of experiences. I'm actually really looking forward to it!

Yeah I have been saying this a while now but cruises from NJ are limited, I mean they can only mix it up so much. I only cruise from here because of a serious fear of flying. I accept that I'm not going to get the incredible itineraries if we cruised from Florida and that is OK. To me the ship, especially mega ships like Anthem, like Oasis the ship is 90% of the cruise. I just LOVE the ships, constantly in awe of their size, and the technology and power of these ships. But I also wish they would mix things up and do some cool, different things. Like this, going to Maine and the Bermuda, LOVE it. How about Cape Canaveral, Coco Cay and then Bermuda on the way back? How about Bermuda on the way down and then Florida and then Coco Cay. How about straight to Coco Cay for 2 days and then Bermuda on the way home. 

I plan on going to Coco Cay a freaking lot. Every year would soot me fine but again I'm limited because I only sail from NJ. Thank goodness Royal had the foresight to place a port here in NJ. 

6 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

How about Cape Canaveral, Coco Cay and then Bermuda on the way back?

My 8-day cruise that leaves the week before Christmas from Baltimore (Grandeur) is visiting Charleston, Port Canaveral, Nassau, and CoCo Cay. I honestly mainly chose that cruise because it gave me an excuse to go to Kennedy Space Center and soak up some history in Charleston. Plus, I won't just sit at home on Christmas, missing my family who's half a continent away.

Also, the Amtrak train service between here and Jersey isn't too bad, so that might be an alternative to flying if you don't mind smaller ships like Grandeur or Enchantment.

3 minutes ago, Chadster said:

My 8-day cruise that leaves the week before Christmas from Baltimore (Grandeur) is visiting Charleston, Port Canaveral, Nassau, and CoCo Cay. I honestly mainly chose that cruise because it gave me an excuse to go to Kennedy Space Center and soak up some history in Charleston. Plus, I won't just sit at home on Christmas, missing my family who's half a continent away.

Also, the Amtrak train service between here and Jersey isn't too bad, so that might be an alternative to flying if you don't mind smaller ships like Grandeur or Enchantment.

I LOVE Amtrak, I could definitely do that. I like that itinerary too!