Stop for supplies

CCudmore

We're taking our first cruise in 10 days leaving out of Port Everglades on the Allure of the Seas. Can't wait.

On our taxi ride from FLL to the port, we'd like to stop to pick up a few items. We usually travel with only carry-on bags so we need to buy anything we can't put in carry-on. We need to pick up a a case of water, a couple bottles of wine, sun screen and  a other odds and ends.

Any suggestions where we should stop to pick these up?

-Craig

We're taking our first cruise in 10 days leaving out of Port Everglades on the Allure of the Seas. Can't wait.

On our taxi ride from FLL to the port, we'd like to stop to pick up a few items. We usually travel with only carry-on bags so we need to buy anything we can't put in carry-on. We need to pick up a a case of water, a couple bottles of wine, sun screen and  a other odds and ends.

Any suggestions where we should stop to pick these up?

-Craig

Well, if you're taking a taxi, just ask the driver where the nearest drugstore is and have him stop there. The Port is a stones throw away form the airport, so it won't be like you'll be driving through town to get there. You'll most likely see the ship right before you land, it's that close.

I'd find a Walgreens, they should have everything you need and there's a couple near the port.

Wal-Mart or Target will have more variety, but they may not be on the way and require more of a side trip whereas you are likely to pass a Walgreens or two before the cruise pier.

Thanks for the advice. As for the bottled water, this is our first cruise so I've never tried it before. Our travel agent suggested it so we figured we'd give it a try. Maybe they'll handle it like our bags and carry it to our room for us.

Wouldn't count on them treating it like luggage - you'll more likely carry it. Suspect you'll find it not worth the few nickels you save. BOARD LIGHT to enjoy the experience! If you decide to carry it on be sure to give travel agent feeback.

I have seen people carry the cases on board at FLL so at least some of the time they allow it. Don't think it would be worth it to me to have to lug the case around the ship until the rooms are ready though.

Did see one guy that had a small fold-out metal luggage carrier that he had the water on, not sure where you get them but it had wheels and a long handle so it looked easy to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't think that RC let's you bring bottle water into the ship, only wine.... Are you share you can bring water??

I've seen people bring cases of water on but I think officially the rule is you cant.  My advice is you can try to bring one on and see what happens. Be prepared that you might not be able to but worth a try since a case of water is so inexpensive.